Whiskey, Dukes, and Uncle Sam

LoriDavenport

Rick turned to Turk and asked, "So, you know where the car is and the girl from the garage, but you're no closer to Amy. Now, what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy looked at Luke and said, "How do you plan to get me outta here when it's time to?"

Luke replied, "Simple. We just post you bond."

Amy nodded and said, "You don't have to stay here you know."

"I know, but I've set there enough to know how it feels. Besides, I happen to care." Luke said.

Amy looked him in the eyes, "You always have cared too much about too many women."

She might as well kicked him, as said that. Luke sighed, "Yeah, I guess I have at that, but I DON'T see Ernie standing here."

Amy looked around more to blink back her tears than anything, "Ya, know I don't either."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turk smiled,"We get this girl...they'll get Amy outta jail...sides this one down here is a witness she can testify against us..we dotn leave any witnesses...."

~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the house Lori looked at everyone and sighed,"Luke and Dixie should be here....I think I'll go back out and try and find em..."

With that she was back up adn out the door before anyone noticed....

Luke knew that Dixie was setting upstairs waiting for him. He was torn between staying a bit longer to keep Amy company which could very well be pissing Dixie off or leaving now hoping to avoid problems with Dixie which would likely leave Amy feeling worse. After a long silence Luke said, "No matter what I wanted you safe. This was the safest place we could think of. I'm sorry about the remark about Ernie."

"I know Luke", Amy said about him wanting her safe and added about Ernie, "Hey, don't be. I got myself into this didn't I?"

Luke said, "Well, I can't help but feeling a bit responsible for what you got into. Had I been where I was supposed to be....." His thoughts trailed off.

Amy finsihed it for him with her conclusions, "Then, we'd know that this child is yours, but the lady you love wouldn't be waiting for you, ...... where, Luke? In the car? Upstairs? at Jesse's?"

Luke had a 'deer in the headlight' look on his face when he looked her in the eyes. He held her gaze for several minutes before looking away, sighed and nearly whispered, "Upstairs."

Amy nodded, gave him a sad smile, and shrugged, "Luke get out of here." It was said not in anger as Luke had expected she would, but the short sentence was full of emotions.

Luke nodded and said with sincerity, "If you need me, I'll be here. Promise."

"Ok, Luke." Amy said as she watched him go up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the top of the stairs before reaching Dixie, he stopped and took a deep breath and tried to shake off all the feelings that visit had stirred up, but he knew Amy was right on several points. He found Dixie starring out the window at Hazzard Square. "Ready?"

Dixie nodded, "Yeah." The longer she had waited on Luke the more she had thought herself right into a mood. She stepped through the door without out waiting on Luke.

Once on their way to the farm Luke saw Midnight coming his way in a hurry. He stopped in the middle of the road hoping Lori would stop......

Lori slammed on the breaks and came a hair of hitting the vehicle,"ARE YOU NUTS YOU DUMBA**?!!! WHERE THE HE** HAVE YOU BEEN I WAS COMIN BACK TO FIND YA'LL!!! DON'T YOU TWO DUMMIES KNOW THAT TURK AND RICK IS STILL LOOKIN FER US?!!!"

Luke replied, "I told you I'd be there. I was heading that way,so why don't we both head back there instead of setting in the middle of the road?"

Lori creased her brow at him and smirked climbing in,"Awww poor baby got mixed feelins now?"

Luke shook his head, "No, but like you said we are all setting out here like setting ducks."

Lori giggled and sped off towards the farm, Luke following in behind to keep an eye on her.

Once they arrived to the farm, they all got out and walked in, Dixie with a moody expression about her, Luke with this sad-touchy kinda expression and Lori with, I just don't give a da** expression.

Lori walked into the living room and flopped down on the couch right on top of Bo grinning at him....

Bo looked at all three of them and had to wonder what had happened in the short time she'd been gone. He put his arms around her and asked, "What did you do now?"

Lori giggled and shrugged,"For once...I did nothing!"

Bo asked, "Then why are you grinning like the cat who ate the family canary?"

Lori just smiled at him and shrugged again,"I dunno..."

Bo was smart enough to take what he could get. She was in a good mood and happily setting on his lap. He decided to just enjoy this moment for as long as it lasted.

Luke turned around and went back to the porch swing where Dixie joined him. He wrapped his arms around her and set holding her. He felt better with her and Lori her and knowing Amy was safe at the jail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick looked at Turk watching the farm. "Turk we can't get that girl with all them there. Why not wait until day after tomorrow at the race. They Amy and the girl will be there."

• 3 weeks later...

And thats just what they did. The day of the race, Turk and Rick waited at one of the checkpoints for Amy and Lori to come around the corner, knowing those two would be way ahead of the others they could snatch them easier.

Rick spotted Amy as she flew past them, he tossed the tacks out on the road as Lori came around in Midnight. When Lori got the checkpoint she heard the tire on Midnight make a popping sound.

Lori swung Midnight Rider around and climbed out madder than a wet hen. Lori checked the tire out and that was it, all was black afterwards.

~~~~~~~

Luke rounded the corner and saw Midnight beside the road. but no Lori. He cussed and sped on looking down the road. Still no sign. As he crossed the finish line he saw Amy was already there and noticed something funny.

"Luke...I coulda swore Lori was in behind me..."

Amy spoke a little worried. Luke nodded and scratched his head. All went in to the Boar's Nest, unaware that Lori was just out behind the Boar's Nest, struggling for her life.

Turk and Rick held her at gunpoint and looked to each other,"We can trick em.... say we give em her for Amy....end up taking both home..." Turk suggested. Rick nodded in agreement.

What seemed like hours before everyone left, Turk saw Amy, Luke, Bo, Daisy, Cooter, Frankie, and Jesse all head to their vehicles to leave. Turk and Rick stepped out and whistled,"Hey Duke! I wouldn't take that red head no wheres if you ever wanna see this young philly here live again...."

Lori struggled from the tihght grip Turk had on her. She kicked like a Tennesse mule and cussed louder and harsher than a sailor. Turk had her by the back if the neck squeezing.

Luke looked at Amy then to Lori. He sighed and looked at Lori who was nodding. Luke shook his head, gee he knew Lori didn't like Amy, but give Amy's life to save her own? Now that was just selfish.

But what Lori wanted to do was quite the opposite. She nodded one more time to Luke and tried to wink but Turk's grip was getting to her. Luke nodded and stepped forward with Amy and winked at her as well. Amy only nodded and swallowed. Turk stepped forward with Lori and as Luke passed Amy's arm to Turk, Turk gave ol Luke the slip and threw Lori and Amy both to Rick to take in the car, he fired at Luke and the others as the all hit the ground.

When Rick had the girls in he took off Turk soon following in behind in another car he stole. Lori looked at Amy and sighed as she watched Turk behind them. It was untellings where the two was taking them.

"Uhh Rick.....I's on probation....you can't take me outta the county..."

Lori finally spoke up. Rick only laughed,"Don't worry....where your going...won't matter if you're on probation or not..."

Lori swallowed and watched. She knew Amy couldn't jump, she was pregnant. Lori did the only thing she knew what to do...She jerked her pocket knife out and held it to Rick's neck,"You got one second to move to the passenger side and let me take over...or you'll go somewheres where your kind is always welcome..." Amy watched Lori with wide eyes thinking she'd never see her do something like that.

Rick swallowed as the car swirved, Turk couldn't understand what was going on. Rick only nodded and moved over as Lori jumped up front. She hit the brakes and slid the car around flying past Turk. Turk cussed and hit the steering wheel. He turned his car around and followed. The chase was on.

Lori sped on and fishtailed it around curves. Truth was, she was scared to death. Lori tried to shake Turk but it was no good, she looked at Rick and pointed,"Get out...." Rick looked at her like she was lost her mind. Lori almost screamed,"I said Get out!!!" She got her pocket knife back out and flipped the blade out to him. He nodded and as he flung the door open he flailed out. Turk slid the car around seeing Rick hit the road. Rick got up ok though, but when Turk got ahold of him he wasn't ok.

Lori swallowed hard and put her pocket knife up. No where was safe. She did the only thing she knew and that was to go back to the old Indian Caves

When she arrived, she slowly stopped the car, shaking, she climbed out. She helped Amy out and got on the CB, she could feel a warm liquid rn down her arm, When Turk had her at the Boar's Nest, she musta cut herself trying to get those danged ropes off. It was a deep gash, nothing a little shine couldn't fix. She picked the mic up and sighed.

"Lost sheep, Shepherd, Crazy C...whoever else is with yall...listen up...I..I got Amy and myself outta trouble...barely...we uhh. we're at...the place me, Bo, and Luke use ta head out and play hookie from school all the time..."

She hung the mic up and helped Amy inside. She sighed and sat down on a rock taking a piece of cloth she found in the dashboard of the car and wrapped her arm up in it. She scratched her head and relaxed back in the cool damp caves.

In the meantime Luke and the others all let out a breath of relief and smiled to one another.

"She done it again...." Luke said, amazed, talking about Lori.

Bo and the others laughed and nodded getting in their vehicles heading towards Indian caves.

Cooter took Dixie with him and got Midnight Rider clearing the tacks outta the road as well. They then headed to Indian Caves.

Dixie and Cooter were closer than the others so they had beaten everyone else to the caves. Cooter had parked the wrecker out of sight and him and Dixie walked toward the caves.

Bo and Luke pulled up to the caves in the General Lee which had been heard coming a mile away.

As the boys got out of the car, Dixie touched Cooter's wrist and stopped him. She watched as both boys knew exactly which cave to meet Lori in as they went into the second cave. Dixie stepped to the face of the cave to see her cousin Lori standing there dressed in clothes Dixie figured she felt hid or minimized showing her condition. But, the fact was anyone could tell she was pregnant now no matter how she was dressed. Lori was showing Luke and Bo her arm that she had wrapped where she had cut it.

In the back of the cave Amy was watching the same scene.

Dixie had seen enough, "What did you do Lori? Break a nail? You can run around the county racing and fighting like a man with NO regard for the babies you are carrying and yet you have to show them your boo boo!!!" Dixie had been far too good lately and had tried to keep peace with Lori and Amy but the scene in front of her had been more than she could take accompanied with the changing hormones of her own pregnancy. She turned, pushed passed Cooter and headed straight to the wrecker leaving Cooter and the others in a cloud of dust!

Cooter looked at his truck leaving him then at Luke who had watched Dixie's outburst and was still speechless. Cooter let out a low whistle and shook his head. He would NOT change places with Luke Duke right now for all the wreckers in the South!

Lori raised an eyebrow and looked at Dixie like she was plum stupid,"Shes got problems....and if she dont resolve them..I'll resolve them for her...I have NO problems murderin someone and walkin away from it without any regrets..."

Lori was dead serious...her cousin was pushing her too far, she let her have Luke what more did she want?