Jessica Simpson as Daisy

I'd ask if you were gonna try to sell me some swamp land in FL. :wink:

I know there have been people who watch her show and they say she had on a brown wig....but eh I dunno. Personally, I don't like her She's like nails against a chalkbaord. I cannot watch anyone who pretends, or is, that stupid in real life. And if they did slap a wig on her why not just find someone with brown hair? There are no brunettes in hollywood that have long legs, a pretty face and a tight...eh butt?

i want to know, what would you think if what i have previously said about Jessica Simpson confirmed to be a brunette for this movie?

You trying to make things worse? You don't fix a bad casting decision by making the actor/actress appear even more fake than they already are. Leave well enough alone. Natural blonde is better than fake brunette (she has obviously enhanced her blonde status but she is still basically a natural blonde). Of course, the source of the problem lies in the bad casting decision in the first place. Would you cast James Earl Jones to play Rocky Balboa and then tell him to start working out and apply a lot of white makeup to his skin? (blatant exaggeration in analogy for effect only).

for the millionth time, this is not a bad casting decision, this is perfect. this is what the creator wanted all along but was not able to do in the 70's/80's

i want to know, what would you think if what i have previously said about Jessica Simpson confirmed to be a brunette for this movie?

You trying to make things worse? You don't fix a bad casting decision by making the actor/actress appear even more fake than they already are. Leave well enough alone. Natural blonde is better than fake brunette (she has obviously enhanced her blonde status but she is still basically a natural blonde). Of course, the source of the problem lies in the bad casting decision in the first place. Would you cast James Earl Jones to play Rocky Balboa and then tell him to start working out and apply a lot of white makeup to his skin? (blatant exaggeration in analogy for effect only).

I think it is a bad casting decision. but we will see when the movie comes out to see how Jessica is.

Hey if the original casting wanted a blonde, he didn't get it. they went with Catherine Bach , who MADE the role of Daisy. Could you picture Farrah Fawcett - Majors or some one like that as Daisy??? I don't think so. They made the right call with Cathy Bach.

At one time Lucas wanted Han Solo to be green with gills, but eh things change...they progress to improve the story. Having daisy as a brunette was brilliant becuase its showed that those with brown hair can also be sexy and she wasn't the typical blonde bimbo.

Someone also said, well if that was the original idea then maybe they should have gone with the original idea of the general with the flag on the hood, the different color and number.

Exactly... just because something was originally planned to be one way, that doesn't mean that was the best way! As any writer can tell you, edits and changes to plot, characters, etc only turn out for the better when you're creating a story!

The way Daisy and the General ended up is better than the original ideas, just like - as Divia pointed out - Han Solo as a human rather than alien ended up working better. I mean, Han as an alien would have done away with the whole Han-and-Leia romantic subplot. The flag on the hood of the car would just look... unbalanced, drawing too much attention forward rather than centered, which really wouldn't have made such a graceful image flying. Even if the car was physically weighted right, visually it would have looked wrong. And Daisy as a scatterbrained blonde (not that all blondes are), or looking more Hollywood in any way, would kind of have not allowed her whole normal, realistic, sweet-girl-next-door character to grow. Daisy just wouldn't be the girl we love.

funny thing is, everyone on here b****es about either jessica simpson being blond or no flag on the general, but not one word about roscoe and flash.

Exactly... just because something was originally planned to be one way, that doesn't mean that was the best way! As any writer can tell you, edits and changes to plot, characters, etc only turn out for the better when you're creating a story!

The way Daisy and the General ended up is better than the original ideas, just like - as Divia pointed out - Han Solo as a human rather than alien ended up working better. I mean, Han as an alien would have done away with the whole Han-and-Leia romantic subplot. The flag on the hood of the car would just look... unbalanced, drawing too much attention forward rather than centered, which really wouldn't have made such a graceful image flying. Even if the car was physically weighted right, visually it would have looked wrong. And Daisy as a scatterbrained blonde (not that all blondes are), or looking more Hollywood in any way, would kind of have not allowed her whole normal, realistic, sweet-girl-next-door character to grow. Daisy just wouldn't be the girl we love.

funny thing is, everyone on here b****es about either jessica simpson being blond or no flag on the general, but not one word about roscoe and flash.

That's because Flash looks to be cast correctly. As for Rosco, it looks like they screwed that one up too. But Rosco is less of an icon of the show. That being said, he is part of it and we should also add that they screwed that up toby finding a guy who wants to reinterpret the role.

But it's a smaller issue that the other huge screw ups, that's why it's complained about less. It's like finding a fly in your worm soup.

That's because Flash looks to be cast correctly. As for Rosco, it looks like they screwed that one up too. But Rosco is less of an icon of the show. That being said, he is part of it and we should also add that they screwed that up toby finding a guy who wants to reinterpret the role.

But it's a smaller issue that the other huge screw ups, that's why it's complained about less. It's like finding a fly in your worm soup.

well i know for a fact that Jessica will be a brunette in the movie, could be she starts out bruntte and end up blonde by the end, who knows.

it's not like she's gonna be having a 3 way around the world with bo and luke and leave a cleveland steamer on enos

Actuallly, I wasn't "b****ing." I was pointing out flaws in the argument. And then I was expressing my opinion. IF that makes it "b****ing" then so be it.

And I think a lot of people have expressed annoyance towards this cast. I personally havent an opinion one way or the other about Rosco. But I do have one about Jessica Simpson and I do have one on Burt Reynolds.

well i know for a fact that Jessica will be a brunette in the movie, could be she starts out bruntte and end up blonde by the end, who knows.

it's not like she's gonna be having a 3 way around the world with bo and luke and leave a cleveland steamer on enos

Bamamediamafia.....Please refrain yourself from making vulgar and obscene comments like that one on this board....

You can call what everyone has on here an opinion , not "b****ing" . I don't like when someone has a differing idea or thought and then someone else bashes them . That is uncalled for around here.

Divia had a great point about Han Solo . I was actually thinking along the same lines. Tom Selleck was originally cast for the role of Indiana Jones , but couldn't get out of his Magnum PI obligations at the time. Harrison Ford ended up as Indiana Jones and the rest is history.

Darrell

This *is* supposed to be a G-rated board, *please* control your mouth. <frown>

And bama, truth is I'm not "*****ing" about anything. I'm stating my thoughts reasonably and calmly... or so I think I am, anyway. I mean to. I'm just having a discussion. *Most* of us are having a discussion. You're the only one trying to rile it into a fight.

I'm wondering. Does "bamamediamafia" understand one thing about American pop-culture? I don't think he does. Surely, someone should know a thing or two about pop-culture, especially when referring to themself as "media-mafia".

Also, regarding the comments about Simpson as a brunette, yes, we will definately see her as a brunette at some point in the new movie. Then again, that's really no secret as US Weekly posted some of the photos of Simpson wearing a brunette wig a couple of months ago while filming a scene. In talking with a couple of people about the new film, the word is that "Daisy" puts on a brunette wig as a diguise to fool the local law. (Imagine that, the character of Daisy Duke disguising herself as a brunette!) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

GADuke01