Tough Breaks

I'm just sitting here trying to write but I don't trust myself to post any of it right now since I'm hyped up on vicadin; not that it has helped the pain at all. I stepped off of my back patio yesterday just before supper and my ankle turned. I HOPED that it was only a bad sprain since I don't have insurance. About thirty seconds after I went down my husband went into one of his walking around seizures so I had to try to keep him from wandering too far while I myself couldn't get up on my feet.

After about twenty minutes I got myself inside and called my mother-in-law and she came over. After making sure my husband would be alright she took me to the hospital (YAWN-long wait). We then learned that my ligament tore a chunk of bone off. So now I get to hop along for the next six weeks or so. My MIL did offer to let me take her mother's spare wheel chair with me to work on the weekends since it's rough trying to hop at all but doing so for four floors every hour will just be plain painful.

Anyway, once my head isn't fogged with pain or medication I hate to read what ever I put on paper.

Jaded Phoenix - I am so sorry to hear that you and your husband are having a hard time right now. It has to be hard when one of you are having a hard time, but both of you at the same time? Duke type luck if I ever heard of it.

:( I hope and pray that your ankle will heal well and quickly and that your bad breaks will soon turn good.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you JPB.

You know what they say.....having a long streak of bad luck means that you're due for a long streak of good luck. It's the law of averages.

I have a feeling that things are going to change for the better for you.

If that's true I'm well over-due! LOL!

I did have a little bit of luck this week. I was able to get 16 Easter Egger Chicks for $20. My hubby and I had just finished building the chicken run earlier in the day before I broke my ankle.

Jaded Phoenix - I am so sorry to hear that you and your husband are having a hard time right now. It has to be hard when one of you are having a hard time, but both of you at the same time? Duke type luck if I ever heard of it.

I hope and pray that your ankle will heal well and quickly and that your bad breaks will soon turn good.

Thanks for the prayers to both you and Roger. Please keep my son in there too. The poor thing didn't know who to try to help or what to do. He did pretty good though. He is used to having to "babysitting" his daddy after he has a seizure.