Any Summer plans?

Garrett Duke

Well summer officially starts in a week and a half and was wondering if anyone had any big summer plans in the make?

I have a few things that I am looking forward to. First off, I am looking forward to this upcoming Friday when I will be going to Chicago to see the New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys in concert. Have had tickets for a couple of months now and it is so hard to believe that it is finally here! This will be my sixth New Kids on the Block...all of them coming after they reunited. (In fact, right now am listening to my new NKOTBSB CD that the two groups made by combining their greatest hits together on one album with two new songs that they sing together plus a NKOTBSB Mash up they call it.) Sadly, I know, it will go by too quickly and be over and leaving me wanting to see 'em more. HA HA.

Then at the end of the month, I will be going back to Chicago with my dad on a bus to see a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley! I am sooo excited..this will be my seventh Cubs game I've gone to (all at Wrigley. It's a great field!) but it has been years since I last been there. So am excited to finally return to Wrigley and to see my lovable Cubbies in person! They will be playing the San Fransico Giants...which I believe they were playing the first time I see them. I really hope that the Cubs will win for me...for obvious reasons, plus would love to hear them play"Go Cubs Go" by Steve Goodman that they play at Wrigley everytime they win! Am really looking forward to it...once again, it'll go by way too fast!

And in July I am really hoping to go to Lightning Fest here in Iowa where I am thinking James Best and Ben Jones will be at. I went there last year and they both where there and had a great time! Got to hear a hear a story or two from Ben Jones when he was signing his autograph for me, a hug, and a picture with him. Got Best's autograph and my mom bought me a James Best painting so I got to get a picture with him too! Was a great time and am hoping to go again this year -looking like I might be able to. :) Finally the Dukes visit Iowa...LOL. Though as far as I know, none of the Duke family cast will be there. Know one year John Schneider came, but didn't hear about it til the Monday after -was soooo mad. LOL

Well so far, that is the extent of my summer plans other than work as normal. Are any of y'all doing anything fun and exciting this summer?

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you're going to be busy.

I'm going to be going to New York City sometime this summer. I've only ever been there once. I'm also going to be taking my 9 year old grandson to his first Pirate game in Pittsburgh. I'll be going to at least two Dukes of Hazzard stunt shows too. And...we just went to northern Virginia to visit our daughter and her family for my other grandson's second birthday.

Have fun Garrett!!!

• 2 weeks later...