Green, the color of peace and the season...

Val Strate

Ever wonder why evergreens are used in traditional Christmas decorating? Well it has to do with the Greeks and Romans. They threw a party every year around the winter Solicist time to try to bring back spring and make the 'gods and goddesses' happy again. It worked every year because of course, after winter comes spring. Greeks and Romans didn't know about the earth's rotation and changing of the seasons. So anyhow... why talk about this?

Well, it's Christmas, and apart of the season of Christmas is to reflect on the year, think about your family and friends, give thanks for all of those you hold dear in your life, and celebrate the coming of Jesus the Christ child and how the good Lord above sent his only son as a scarfice for our worldly sins.

Well, folks, I have sinned. We all have. However I have done some big sins this past holiday season and I know I haven't been around a lot lately. I feel bad for that and I feel bad for not addressing some things. The guilt tends to eat a person inside. Yeah, I haven't responded to certain people because I've been afraid to lately. I feel like I've burnned and hurt someone greatly. I kind of feel like hiding from my family here on Hnet because I don't know what to say to them anymore. What does one say when they almost set a verbal torch to the bridge of a relationship? I'm sorry?

I guess that's all I can do. Say, I'm sorry.

Can I make everything back to the way it was? No, I can't. Recently, my life has taken a change and I can't deny what is happening. However, I don't want to turn my back on what I have and I don't want to burn the brigdes I have.

I don't know what is going to happen after this holiday season and some things maybe in for a huge change, but I don't want to leave. I just don't know.

So with the spirit of the season and seeing how my favorite color is green, I extend my pine branch of peace to my Hazzard family and wish you all a Merry Christmas. I don't know if that is enough or not but I figure it's a start.

Love your Hazzard Co. Game Warden,

Valerie Marie Strate

Guest DanielPHorse

Sometimes, the bigger sin, when you think you've hurt someone, is to run away and hide rather than face them and apologize. It's better to face that outcome and hope that they still think you're their friend enough for them to say "Hey, it's okay, I know you've got stuff going on," than to completely ignore them. Ignoring someone just proves to him/her even further that the friendship must be over.

If you truly want to repair your bridges, then contact people and tell them so. Hiding and avoiding people only makes things worse. You never know what someone is thinking about you until you ask him/her.

I believe the bigger sin is to make assumptions about your friends because sometimes it's easier than reaching out and finding out what they really feel; most times, finding the courage to do so is worth it.

--L

Val - I am real sorry to hear that you are going through some troubled times at the moment. I hope that things will get better for you soon and that you will be able to find forgiveness and acceptance of your friends. May things soon get better for you. Know you are in my thoughts. I hope, despite the conflicts and all, that you will find yourself having a very special Christmas come Friday.