• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were silent for awhile when Daisy suddenly said "Enos, I gotta go get the other kids to bed. . .could you ask Doc if you can stay with Lily. . .I know this is all so hard on her."

(I only heard it the other day. . .saw the lyrics, but only heard it when I happend to see the end of the video on CMT and then watched the whole thing online. . .lol. . .man did he make them look like hippies or what? lol)

They were silent for awhile when Daisy suddenly said "Enos, I gotta go get the other kids to bed. . .could you ask Doc if you can stay with Lily. . .I know this is all so hard on her."

(I only heard it the other day. . .saw the lyrics, but only heard it when I happend to see the end of the video on CMT and then watched the whole thing online. . .lol. . .man did he make them look like hippies or what? lol)

(yeah he kinda did)

Enos smiles "Of course Daisy."

Lily looked up "Daddy." she said as excitedly as her weariness would allow.

"It's okay baby, I'm here." Enos said and getnly stroked her hair "What do you need?"

Lily looked up at her dadddy "Just a little sip of that." she rasped pointing at the glass of gingerale infront of her.

Enos nodded and gladly lifted the straw to where she could slowly take a small sip.

Lily looked up "Daddy." she said as excitedly as her weariness would allow.

"It's okay baby, I'm here." Enos said and getnly stroked her hair "What do you need?"

Lily looked up at her dadddy "Just a little sip of that." she rasped pointing at the glass of gingerale infront of her.

Enos nodded and gladly lifted the straw to where she could slowly take a small sip.

Lily smiled "Thank you" when she finished.

Enos nodded "Good, cause that's the last thing I want. I love you too much to have that happen." then Enos got a serious face "Lily, I have something to talk about with you."

Lily looked surprised "yes daddy?"

"Lily, I realize that I won't be able to do quite as much as I could before. I'll try my best, but it will never be the same."

Lily nodded, tears threatening to fall "I know daddy."

"Well Lily." Enos ventured slowly "What I'm trying to say is that I know it won't be easy on you, but I need you to help your mama and try to act older if you can. . .Can you do that for me baby?" Enos asked trying not to cry himself.

Enos nodded "Good, cause that's the last thing I want. I love you too much to have that happen." then Enos got a serious face "Lily, I have something to talk about with you."

Lily looked surprised "yes daddy?"

"Lily, I realize that I won't be able to do quite as much as I could before. I'll try my best, but it will never be the same."

Lily nodded, tears threatening to fall "I know daddy."

"Well Lily." Enos ventured slowly "What I'm trying to say is that I know it won't be easy on you, but I need you to help your mama and try to act older if you can. . .Can you do that for me baby?" Enos asked trying not to cry himself.

Lily said "I'll try"

Afterawhile Enos decided to call Daisy just to talk, but when she answered he thought better of his brilliant idea.

"Is Lily okay?" she cried hearing his voice.

"Yes Daisy. She's fine. . .I'm just checking on you honey."

"Don't ever do that again Enos Strate." she said.

"Sorry." Enos said again.

Enos sighed and hung up "Don't ever do what again exactly?"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.