The Drive-thru Barber Shop/Oil Change and Lube Stop/ Quicky Mart/ Bar and Grill

Julieduke

Who do you like in this story?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like in this story?

Daisy said "i know its not"

After a while they go to bed. Back at Cooter's place Lizzy and Jeb put Heather down and eventually went to bed themselves in separate rooms. About midnight Lizzy gets up and stares out the window unable to sleep. Hearing no movement in the house she sighs and thinks back about six years. Unable to shake the feeling she has she quietly gets dressed then goes out to her car. She pulls out of the drive and heads north to Tennessee not realizing she's being followed. She pulls in to a little graveyard on the southern outskirts of Chattanooga, Tn. She pulls to a stop on the road running beside the graves and climbs out walking to a grave and kneeling in front of it.

After a while they go to bed. Back at Cooter's place Lizzy and Jeb put Heather down and eventually went to bed themselves in separate rooms. About midnight Lizzy gets up and stares out the window unable to sleep. Hearing no movement in the house she sighs and thinks back about six years. Unable to shake the feeling she has she quietly gets dressed then goes out to her car. She pulls out of the drive and heads north to Tennessee not realizing she's being followed. She pulls in to a little graveyard on the southern outskirts of Chattanooga, Tn. She pulls to a stop on the road running beside the graves and climbs out walking to a grave and kneeling in front of it.

Jeb wakes up back in Hazzard and realizes Lizzy is gone "oh no!"

Jeb wakes up back in Hazzard and realizes Lizzy is gone "oh no!"

"Six years its a long time Petey. We could have been so much in six years. Been married and had our own little family. But you were taken from me and now I don't know what to do. Heather will be seven in a few weeks from now. She's so sweet. I moved back to Hazzard a few weeks ago and ran into that boy I told you about. Actually he's a man now. One hell of a man, he's real sweet to Heather and to me but I'm so scared. What if what happens to you happens to him? I can not and will not spend another wedding day mourning the death of another fiancee." Lizzy says.

As she continues Cooter watches silently knowing this was the Pete Earl had told him Lizzy had been engaged to six years ago but had been killed in action.

"Six years its a long time Petey. We could have been so much in six years. Been married and had our own little family. But you were taken from me and now I don't know what to do. Heather will be seven in a few weeks from now. She's so sweet. I moved back to Hazzard a few weeks ago and ran into that boy I told you about. Actually he's a man now. One hell of a man, he's real sweet to Heather and to me but I'm so scared. What if what happens to you happens to him? I can not and will not spend another wedding day mourning the death of another fiancee." Lizzy says.

As she continues Cooter watches silently knowing this was the Pete Earl had told him Lizzy had been engaged to six years ago but had been killed in action.

Jeb sighes and is actually crying "shes not comin back! she doesnt love me, my cousin was right, i pushed her away!"

Jeb sighes and is actually crying "shes not comin back! she doesnt love me, my cousin was right, i pushed her away!"

Cooter watches as tears begin to roll down Lizzy's face and slowly steps toward her. "Lizzy?" He asks softly touching her should.

Lizzy jumps about a foot in the air before looking at him. "Dad I'm sorry...I just had to get out." Lizzy says.

Cooter sighes "do you love Jeb, do you really love him, would you marry him"

"I...I don't know. I can't lose him like I lost Petey. Two weeks before the wedding, a week and a half before he came home he was killed. I can't lose Jeb like that, I can't go through that again. I can't and won't put Heather through that." Lizzy says.

"I know Daddy and I hate to put him through all this but you know as well as I do that riding that contraption can get him killed just as easily as the war is." Lizzy says.

Cooter sighes "give Jeb a chance, he loves you, and hes real careful when he rides that motorcycle, youve seen him, but accidents happen, but hes never been hurt bad enought to been killed"

Cooter sighes "give Jeb a chance, he loves you, and hes real careful when he rides that motorcycle, youve seen him, but accidents happen, but hes never been hurt bad enought to been killed"

"I guess you're right." Lizzy says standing. She touches the top of the headstone and sighs. "There's no goodbyes just...good luck." Lizzy mutters.

Back in Hazzard Heather crawls out of bed and heads for the crying. "Daddy?" She says walking into the room.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.