Song Idea For the Dukes of Hazzard movie soundtrack

dukesfan1979

Hey ya'll

I was going though some of my Cd's today and came across a Steve Earle Greatest Hits Album. On there is a song called "Copperhead Road"

I dont know what you guys think but Id like to see Steve Earle do a modified version for the Dukes of Hazzard soundtrack. Im sure many people have heard this song and I think it may just go well with the new movie. Maybe a new video too on CMT. Any thoughts? Take care ya'll

yes, I did realize that after listening to it on the way to work this morning.

YIKES!!!!!! Yes that last verse truly doesnt fit the Dukes. The song would need a major re-working to fit the new movie. But what a song to re-work!! I think Steve Earle is a very talented songwriter and singer and it is a shame that the last several years have not been good for Steve.

Have to agree wit hya on that about Steve Earle. I think his political stance has gotten in the way the media makes him out now. He has made some amazing albums since his jail time , The Mountain with the Del McCoury Band and Train A Comin'- the acoutsic one really really good. But nothing beats Guitar Town and Copperhead Road..

Darrell

• 3 weeks later...
It is not so much the Army part of the song, Luke was a former Marine anyway.. It is the going from moonshine to drugs that is inappropriate in the song "Copperhead Road" ....It still is an awesome song no matter what.

Oh! Yeah...I'm a little slow... :oops: But anyways...Without that, it would be a pretty good song for the movie.

But then again, I can think of alot of things that would be good for the movie that they aren't gonna do. :x Idiotic people trying to make it different. Ugh!

Hey Ya'll,

When I posted about making "copperhead road" a song for the new Dukes movie, I honestly didnt listen closely to the last verse of the song.

A major mistake on my part and I do appoligize. Although a very good song, most likely Steve Earle would not re-work the song anyway.

Hows this for an idea.... Alan Jackson writing a new song or two for the soundtrack....I think his sound will definitley fit perfectly.....and also as a new Balladeer, I was thinking of none other than Hank Williams Jr. he's got the voice for the part and he is a living legend in country music just like ol' Waylon was. I would like to hear what ya'll think....see ya later

Daniel

I would love to see Hank Jr do something for the movie. I have always liked hime or Travis Tritt to be the balladeer. I wouldn't be unhappy with either one of those two.

Alan Jackson would be great on the soundtrack. And yes I do think he would fit good.

I have posted this before elsewhere, but a mix of Southern Rock/Country would be my ideal soundtrack..just as long as Jessica Simpson doesn't get to have a song on it...LOL

Darrell

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with copperhead raod,once it has been modified to fit the movie!

However,i do love even more the idea of hearing johnny cash's tune: " The General lee ! "

It would be so cool,after all, it is the facts about a car that became the star,and since WB were smart by keeping the car original,johnny's song of the general lee would just fit right in! :D

• 2 weeks later...