Anime

Val Strate

Ok, I know there are other DOH fans out there besides me who like anime. Don't be shy now.

My favorites are the following,

Cowboy Bebop (My all time favorite anime. Oh yeah, Spike Speigel is one awesome fighter and Faye Valentine would totally get along with Daisy Duke. I plan to have a crossover on this with Dukes someday. I know it sounds impossible but trust me it can be done.)

Noein (I like the Sci-Fi stuff that's tied into this one and how it's a mystery you just have to keep watching to figure it out.)

Death Note (I liked until they killed off 'L' then I stopped watching. Light is so creepy by that time.)

Claymore (I haven't seen all of it yet but I think it's pretty cool. I like the whole sword battle stuff and how they have the concept of the 'Black card'.)

Soul Eater (I haven't finished this either but I really think it's alot of fun to watch. A good comedy anime but don't have the kids up to watch it.)

Those are some of my favorites. Now let's hear yours.

YATTA!!! Another anime fan. :D

Cowboy bebop is fantastic. The plot.... the characters (yeah, Faye is so Daisy alike)... and don't forget the music (I love "Blue", the ending song of the last episode.... so sad).

Others anime I like:

1) Neon genesis Evangelion. So mysterious and deep.

2) Jigoku shoujo, also known as "Hell girl". After the first series and the second one (Jigoku shoujo futakomori) I'm waiting for the third series, "Jigoku shoujo mitsuganae".

3) NANA. I LOVE NANA. I posted some of my Nana's amvs on this forum, under the topic "Enos and Daisy video". I like to create or Daisy-Enos vids or Nana's vids. But I created a Jigoku shoujo vid too.

I'm reading also the manga. So sad, especially the last volume (n°78). I cried :cry:

4) '80 anime. So many.... Creamy mami, Kimagure orange road, Attacker you....

5) Miyazaki!!!!. I confess..... I like Miyazaki's movies more than Walt Disney's ones. I loves "Howl's moving castle" and "Spirited away", but also "Totoro" and "Kiki's delivery service". Now I'm waiting for the last movie, "Ponyo" (it'll be available in italian cinemas next spring).

6) Satoshi Kon's movies. Check for "Paprika" (not for children) or "Millenium actress" ... or "Tokyo Godfathers".

7) I love "Byousoku 5 cm per second", a movie from Makoto Shinkai. So sweet and poetic. I posted the trailer here last year. This movie inspired me in writing my fic "Snow". :innocent:

Ok. I've surely forgotten something. See you later. ;)

Edited by i1976

YATTA!!! Another anime fan. :D

Cowboy bebop is fantastic. The plot.... the characters (yeah, Faye is so Daisy alike)... and don't forget the music (I love "Blue", the ending song of the last episode.... so sad).

Others anime I like:

1) Neon genesis Evangelion. So mysterious and deep.

2) Jigoku shoujo, also known as "Hell girl". After the first series and the second one (Jigoku shoujo futakomori) I'm waiting for the third series, "Jigoku shoujo mitsuganae".

3) NANA. I LOVE NANA. I posted some of my Nana's amvs on this forum, under the topic "Enos and Daisy video". I like to create or Daisy-Enos vids or Nana's vids. But I created a Jigoku shoujo vid too.

I'm reading also the manga. So sad, especially the last volume (n°78). I cried :cry:

4) '80 anime. So many.... Creamy mami, Kimagure orange road, Attacker you....

5) Miyazaki!!!!. I confess..... I like Miyazaki's movies more than Walt Disney's ones. I loves "Howl's moving castle" and "Spirited away", but also "Totoro" and "Kiki's delivery service". Now I'm waiting for the last movie, "Ponyo" (it'll be available in italian cinemas next spring).

6) Satoshi Kon's movies. Check for "Paprika" (not for children) or "Millenium actress" ... or "Tokyo Godfathers".

7) I love "Byousoku 5 cm per second", a movie from Makoto Shinkai. So sweet and poetic. I posted the trailer here last year. This movie inspired me in writing my fic "Snow". :innocent:

Ok. I've surely forgotten something. See you later. ;)

Yeah, I cried at the end of Cowboy Bebop. I could go on and on about how Cowboy Bebop has alot of Burt Renyolds type themes to it and how Dukes and CB are alot alike in many ways. Sure the plots are different and the characters are as well but they both have underlying themes and styles that are very alike. You so fall in love with the music, the characters and the writting. I love how when they did the english dub that they came up with really good voice actors for each character and the translations aren't choppy and the jokes and theological deep moments aren't choppy or mistranslated. The same point comes across in english as in the orginal japanesse. Sometimes when they do english translation to a series the themes get watered down and the jokes and deep thoughts loose their meaning. I hate that. They didn't do that with CB. Which I love the fact that they didn't.

I'm told I need to watch Trigun, Outlaw Star and Gerandiar? (I think I misspelled that last one).

I didn't get into anime until I went to college and my roommate introduced me to it. Once I found what I liked, I socialized with other anime fans at college. It's amazing how things like media can create friendships. Dukes and anime did that for me.

Yeah, sometimes translations ruin anime (or change the meaning).

I don't know if in USA is the same than in Italy, but anime are usually considered as a children product, so thare are a lot of censors (dialogues sometimes are completely changed).... especially years ago, but things are changing (even if too much slowly).

So I prefer to watch anime on Internet, in japanese with sub in english (i like to hear original voices). As a result now I know a lot of japanese words. :lol::lol:

Anyway, Cowboy bebop's translation in italian was good, and characters's voices too.

I love Cowboy bebop soundtrack; every episode is called "session" (session 1... 2....3). Did you notice? And every episode has a different music style: from classic to country music (yeah, there's a "session" with country music).

Music is from Yoko Kanno, a great musician; she also wrote music for Escaflowne, Wolf's rain, Aquarion, Macross, RahXephon.

Did you see Cowboy bebop, the movie? Wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Emy-Rae. "His and her circumstances" was great. :D The real name of this anime is "Kareshi kanojo no jijou" also known as "Karekano". It's directed by Hideaki Anno, who directed also "Neon Genesis Evangelion".

When I saw Yukino for the first time, I thougt "Oh my God, she's soooo like me" :D:D (in effect "Yukino" is my nickname elsewhere).

• 7 months later...

Just where in the he** have I been at?! LOL I just found this thread..

Ah, anime.

Ninjas rule!!!! XD

Naruto for me, definitely. Well, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (aka: Hurricane chronicles)

I like Bleach too.

And Vampire Knight. Just started reading the manga to it, so yeah.

When I was a kid, of course, it was Pokemon and Hamtaro...I still like Pokemon...least the original version.

Kiiiiiiiba.

Kiba's the man...er...dog...whatever. XD yeah Kiba is my number 1...followed in behind Itachi, sasuke, naruto, iruka, kakashi, genma, shikamaru, hidan....the list continues XD

I've seen some of the old types of anime...and some of the new....not my thing.

Ninjas for the win! :D

Naruto and Kiba are cute, thats why i like them, and i like Hinata cause she reminds me of my self