August 16, 1985

Garrett Duke

Hey y'all...

Just wanted to mention that on Saturday, August 16, 2008 it will mark twenty-three years since CBS aired the last episode of The Dukes of Hazzard...meaning August 16, 1985 was when the last episode of the Dukes was originally aired. Good thing TNN and CMT had picked up the reruns and had aired them as long as they did to gather new Duke fans and to reignite interest in the fans that had been watching when the show had originally aired.

In the latest Country Weekly, there is an article and a nice picture of Bo and Luke sitting in and on the hood of The General Lee - it is a nice picture of the boy and an interesting article. It is in the issue of August 25, 2008 in Country Weekly with Alan Jackson and his wife Denise on the cover. It is toward the back and is part of their Flash Back section that they have in each magazine.

Hey y'all...

Just wanted to mention that on Saturday, August 16, 2008 it will mark twenty-three years since CBS aired the last episode of The Dukes of Hazzard...meaning August 16, 1985 was when the last episode of the Dukes was originally aired. Good thing TNN and CMT had picked up the reruns and had aired them as long as they did to gather new Duke fans and to reignite interest in the fans that had been watching when the show had originally aired.

In the latest Country Weekly, there is an article and a nice picture of Bo and Luke sitting in and on the hood of The General Lee - it is a nice picture of the boy and an interesting article. It is in the issue of August 25, 2008 in Country Weekly with Alan Jackson and his wife Denise on the cover. It is toward the back and is part of their Flash Back section that they have in each magazine.

I found it intersecting that back in 1980- 1981 that Dallas and Dukes was one and two in the ratings.

Thanks for that interesting fact Garrrett. One of these days, I'm going to start an Anniversary and Birthday Thread and update it every day with the anniversaries that each episode came out. If everybody else liked the idea, we could include other important historic moments related to Dukes, as well as the birthdays of the actors (and maybe even their kids) as well as the birthdays of us Hazzardnet folks.

That makes me wonder if the administrators have the technology to have it all pop up automatically so someone wouldn't have to maintain it on a daily basis. I'm not sure if the birthday listings that they have now (at the bottom of the main menu) pop up automatically or not.

That is an interesting and fun idea, Roger Duke. I don't know how the whole pop ups would work, but I am sure someone around here may know. It would be a way to keep everyone updated and in the know. . .

I am glad that I was able to point something out for all that didn't know...not very often that I am able to do so. ;) I recieve Country Weekly through the mail and had just picked it up and started to look through it and was very excited to see the picture of Bo and Luke and the article.

I actually thought about that when I read Garrett's post. I was a huge Elvis fan at the time (even though most 17 year olds were into KISS...or whatever was popular then) I'll always remember, in detail when I first heard the news.

I've since recovered from it but I'll never get over losing Denver, Sorrell and Waylon.