Hazzard Heartbreak

Lori nodded lightly, fixing the place on the couch to get comfortable. And as she predicted it, as son as her head hit the feathery pillow her eye lids drifted downward.

Early the next morning, the fog rolled in still the sunlight peeking over the pine tops. The dew still glistening as the scent of freshly baled hay wafted through the air. Though, as it always ended up, Lori and Bo still slept in instead of getting up to go do the chores that needed to be done.

JJ got up early to do her choirs. She took her time doing them. She wanted to put off her talk with her uncle for as long as she could.

Jesse watched as JJ did her choirs. It was long before he saw she was done and coming towards the house.

You would have thought she lost her best friend the way she walked in the house. JJ walked over towards the sink to wash her hands and waited for her uncle to say what he had to say.

Jesse had nothing to really say to her though, he was disappointed that she didn't pay close enough attention to the time, but she was still young.

"JJ...all because I did the same with Bo, Luke, and Daisy... you're not to see him after 9:00 p.m. for a while.."

He was being reasonable with her, at least he was still letting her see him.

"Go wake up the two sleeping beauties now.."

"Ok. Uncle Jesse." said JJ as walked over to were Lori was. "Hey sleepy head! It's time to get up." said JJ as shook Lori's arm. JJ waited until she saw Lori's eyes open before she left to wake up Bo.

Knocking on Bo's door as she openned his door. "Hey Bo! It's time to get up. Lazy Bone's." said JJ as she stole his blanket.

Lori grunted a bit and rolled over, covering back up. She didn't roust awake like she normally would.

Jesse raised a brow at her, smirking a little. Walking inside he jerked the covers from her tickling her feet, that was how he use to wake her up when she was younger.

Sure enough, Lori kicked her feet a little, growling.

"I'm up! I'm up!"

She growled, rising slowly up off the couch. Stretching out her arms a little, tilting her head back, Lori yawned widely, scratching her head some.

"Chores need to be done...there's more hay to finish baling and there's wood to be chopped as well, not to mention I need help shoing Maudine."

Jesse reminded her, folding up the blanket tossing it on the back of the couch. Groaning a little, Lori stood up going to the kitchen to put on her boots, she hopped around for five minutes before she realized she had the wrong boot on the wrong foot. Grumbling, cursing herself, she finally got situated and headed out the door to do her chores.

Bo on the other hand, shivered and groaned a bit, swatting at JJ.

"Go 'way.."

He grumbled.

Jesse grinned from ear to ear. He was mighty proud of her, she chose the safest driver in the house. Once finishing up his breakfast, sitting a plate up for Lori, Jesse pulled on his old red cap, walking out the door.

"Lori, don't cause any trouble while I'm gone...Daisy's leavin' for work and it'll just be you and Bo here...the south side fence needs mendin' after ya take care of Maudine...you two don't fuss and bicker while I'm gone, understood?"

Jesse commanded her, with a strong firm voice.

Lori looked over her sweat beaded shoulder, wiping her brow off. Propping a foot up on the wood stump where she had a piece of wood sitting ready to chop it, she nodded a little.

"Yes sir.."

Jesse nodded his approval of her answer, climbing in his old dirty white pick-up.

As Jesse drove JJ to school, Lori was still outside, the Hazzard county sun making its way over the barn, the heat rising. Bo walked out, whistling to a catchy tune, shooing the chickens around the front yard as he always did, walking over to Lori where Lori slaved away at the last piece of wood.

"Almost finished?"

He asked, watching over her shoulder. Lori huffed a little, bringing the axe back over her shoulder, letting it fall down to split the wood down the center.

"Yea..no thanks to you...while I been out here working a way at chopping wood, part of YOUR chores...you was in bed asleep."

Lori growled a little, bringing the axe back letting it stick in the stump when she brung it back down.

"I was not in bed, I was eating breakfast..."

Bo simply replied, following her into the barn where Maudine the mule was located.

"Bo I swear you scarf food down like its the end of a six month famine..."

Lori muttered, patting on Maudine's haunches, rubbing the horse's sides before she held to her halter.

Bo smiled sarcastically at her, making a face.

"Cute Lori..."

He muttered putting n his blacksmith's apron, stoking the coals in the bin once he lit them. Getting a horse shoe ready he put it in the fire once the ambers flamed up some.