Fels like the site died

Rosco_Lover

Jack, don't get ideas.

Alex, the four horses could, in theory, be used to administer an archaic form of justice, which is far too unpleasant to detail here.

Fortunately, if the selected Hazzard horses are as ambitious as the rest of the staff around here, they'd be too lazy to pull it off. Literally. They'd just stand there, chew hay, and try to look busy, like the rest of us.

Besides, I haven't done anything that bad to warrant such a dramatic threat! I'd have to do something more treasonous, like mess around with MaryAnne's own posts.

Which I have successfully done! Muhahahhaha...she'll never figure it out.

Oh wait. Maybe she did because I don't remember typing these words...

GAAAHH!! I've been hijacked! BUSTED!

Hmmm....would I? I dunno. I actually had something different in mind, thus my requirement for four horses....

Like a nice parade float. I could decorate my patrol car, put it in neutral and have the horses pull it down the road, while I toss candy out of the car windows.

WOW a parade! Thats great MaryAnne! Great use of those four horses...be sure you practice your crowd wave! As Queen of the Hazzard parade, do you get a crown and sash? *chuckles* Just put the crown on top of your hat, and the sash across your uniform! *grins*

A parade sounds like a wonderful idea! Yes, Brian can mess with my posts. But I think he forgets that I can mess with his.

Hey Brian, why don't you write up all that news for the front page of HNet that you've been meaning to do for the past four days or so instead of contributing to the deliquency of the entire town?

And Roger...I'll admit Maudine can kick some butt. She's kicked Rosco's a few times. I think instead of kicking these four horses I've got in waiting (they ain't city horses), she can kick Brian's butt!

Get to work, Brian. You lazy black clad slacker!

A parade sounds like a wonderful idea! Yes, Brian can mess with my posts. But I think he forgets that I can mess with his.

Hey Brian, why don't you write up all that news for the front page of HNet that you've been meaning to do for the past four days or so instead of contributing to the deliquency of the entire town?

And Roger...I'll admit Maudine can kick some butt. She's kicked Rosco's a few times. I think instead of kicking these four horses I've got in waiting (they ain't city horses), she can kick Brian's butt!

Get to work, Brian. You lazy black clad slacker!

Lazy black clad slacker?? You're right Brian, your cousin sure is fiesty...

And yes MaryAnne you do deserve a parade... As parade queen, what color sash would you like to have? Blue to match your uniform? Pink? Purple? Red?

*chuckles*

*views an option on the user cp panel, tries ignore user list feature and gets this message...

Sorry Brian Coltrane is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.*

Wow, talk about having power. We as mods/admins can be so utterly obnoxious and nobody can ignore us!! Muhahahahahhahahaha!!!

I can't imagine why anyone would want to ignore Brian tho'...

Wow, talk about having power. We as mods/admins can be so utterly obnoxious and nobody can ignore us!! Muhahahahahhahahaha!!!

I can't imagine why anyone would want to ignore Brian tho'...

For the #$%* of it. Brian's self esteem...

I don't recommend ignoring you, Brian or Mufn. I actually thought the "you are not allowed" message was funny.

Take it easy, y'all

I'm crushed. Daney recently tried to set her user panel to ignore me. I'm absolutely devestated. How cold. How cruel. How absolutely ineffective.

If I ever fall off the face of the Forums, all fingers would point to Daney. She's evah-dently got an agenda. Or a day planner. Or at least a free bank calendar, and she intends to render me silent. Just because I altered a few dozen of her posts over the course of the last...oh, five or six years.

And MaryAnne calls me a lazy slacker! Salt in the wound. I'm feeling a little under-appreciated here.

After all the contributions I've made to HazzardNet over the years, I'd expect to be better thought of. Why, if it wasn't for me.....

..this place would run pretty darn well. But that aside, one can't ignore the impact I've had on the community.

Then again, maybe that's MaryAnne's point. Now that she's in the taste-of-own-medicine phase and she's altering my posts, it won't be much longer before this whole thing erupts into chaos.

I have four choices at this point:

1) Stop the nonsense and get back to work

2) Pretend to be getting back to work but cause subtle disruptions - nothing bad enough to incur MaryAnne's full wrath, but be annoying enough to make her pay close attention to my every move for the next three weeks

3) Openly escalate my shenanigans until MaryAnne gives me the Ultimatim Du Jour - then cave in at the last possible moment

4) Join the Writer's Guild strike and just hold my pencil until I get paid more money

Hmmm. Choices, choices....what to do, what to do....

I'm crushed. Daney recently tried to set her user panel to ignore me. I'm absolutely devestated. How cold. How cruel. How absolutely ineffective.

If I ever fall off the face of the Forums, all fingers would point to Daney. She's evah-dently got an agenda. Or a day planner. Or at least a free bank calendar, and she intends to render me silent. Just because I altered a few dozen of her posts over the course of the last...oh, five or six years.

And MaryAnne calls me a lazy slacker! Salt in the wound. I'm feeling a little under-appreciated here.

After all the contributions I've made to HazzardNet over the years, I'd expect to be better thought of. Why, if it wasn't for me.....

..this place would run pretty darn well. But that aside, one can't ignore the impact I've had on the community.

Then again, maybe that's MaryAnne's point. Now that she's in the taste-of-own-medicine phase and she's altering my posts, it won't be much longer before this whole thing erupts into chaos.

2) Pretend to be getting back to work but cause subtle disruptions - nothing bad enough to incur MaryAnne's full wrath, but be annoying enough to make her pay close attention to my every move for the next three weeks

3) Openly escalate my shenanigans until MaryAnne gives me the Ultimatim Du Jour - then cave in at the last possible moment

4) Join the Writer's Guild strike and just hold my pencil until I get paid more money

Aw Brian, don't let Daney's attempt to block you get you down. Many people here do appreciate you even if she doesn't and yes Daney would get the blame if you ever disappeared but frankly, Hnet would be too quiet without you. As for your options...I say option two would be the best thing for you to do... *chuckles*

I'd rather take a hiatus than see you leave this community.

Do you want restitution, Brian?

Wouldn't MaryAnne have to take a vacation for option 2 to work?

Given the way the strike is going, you'll be waiting until hell freezes over for that pay raise. Come to think of it, just like all those striking writers, you too can be replaced. So go ahead and strike....

I'd recommend either option 2 or...yes, even 3. Getting you to take option 1 would be out of character.

I don't suppose it would be possible to get back to work while still engaging in nonesense?

Given the way the strike is going, you'll be waiting until hell freezes over for that pay raise. Come to think of it, just like all those striking writers, you too can be replaced. So go ahead and strike....

I'd recommend either option 2 or...yes, even 3. Getting you to take option 1 would be out of character.

I don't suppose it would be possible to get back to work while still engaging in nonesense?

This is why I enjoy working with MaryAnne. I always know exactly where she stands...and about how far away I need to be, to avoid getting kicked.

Looks like if I go on strike, even for a day, she'll fire me immediately. This is a classic instance of having a bluff called. She knows I'm probably kidding about going on strike, but I can tell that she's not kidding about replacing me. So, that one's out. There's too many people who would be happy to take my place. ( Like Alex, who's been after my job for years.)

Options 2 and 3 both mean that sooner or later, I'll produce something worthwhile for the homepage. Option 2 is more friendly and pretty much business as usual. Option 3 takes a bit more daring and finesse. It also means my work, when I finally provide it, better be dang well worth the wait.

So, in the interest of quality....option 3 it is!

This is why I enjoy working with MaryAnne. I always know exactly where she stands...and about how far away I need to be, to avoid getting kicked.

Looks like if I go on strike, even for a day, she'll fire me immediately. This is a classic instance of having a bluff called. She knows I'm probably kidding about going on strike, but I can tell that she's not kidding about replacing me. So, that one's out. There's too many people who would be happy to take my place. ( Like Alex, who's been after my job for years.)

Options 2 and 3 both mean that sooner or later, I'll produce something worthwhile for the homepage. Option 2 is more friendly and pretty much business as usual. Option 3 takes a bit more daring and finesse. It also means my work, when I finally provide it, better be dang well worth the wait.

So, in the interest of quality....option 3 it is!

Well that settles that then! Awrighty, now we got that settled, I guess I better go feed them horses. They're gonna be here for awhile yet...

:deputy:

Well that settles that then! Awrighty, now we got that settled, I guess I better go feed them horses. They're gonna be here for awhile yet...

:deputy:

Given the county budget, you probably have four miniture horses that are about as big as French poodles. You couldn't plow a tomato garden with that, let alone draw and quarter somebody. So thhpth!

And just to repay you for such vile threats, I have an article ready! It's about your favorite celebrity, too. Jessica Simpson. MUAHAHAHA!!

Ok, so that's not quality work. Maybe I'm not done yet. Maybe I am. We'll see if I feel like putting together the other news.

Given the county budget, you probably have four miniture horses that are about as big as French poodles. You couldn't plow a tomato garden with that, let alone draw and quarter somebody. So thhpth!

And just to repay you for such vile threats, I have an article ready! It's about your favorite celebrity, too. Jessica Simpson. MUAHAHAHA!!

Ok, so that's not quality work. Maybe I'm not done yet. Maybe I am. We'll see if I feel like putting together the other news.

Brian, given the country budget, French poodles are too snooty. If anything, she's got four Chihuahuas! *chuckles*

Who said I was using county funds? And last time I checked, Clydesdales were not miniture...

Since you're so fond of beer, I thought using Clydesdales would be appropriate. Tho' my apologies if Weiser is not your preferred Bud. ROFL!

Oh wow! Jessica Simpson! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited! Not.

Good thing I posted up that blurb about Bo's General up for auction. Shows that HNet still bothers with some REAL news once in awhile... :-P