Does someone know what this means??

Laura Duke

Hey Everyone!

Since all of you are Dukes of Hazzard whizzes, I thought that maybe you could help me out on this one. I was reading the book, "The Unofficial Companion to the Dukes of Hazzard" (If anyone has this book and would like to look it up, I'm looking at page 129 under Notes.

Now, I'm referring to Season 2, the show is called "Repo Men". This is one of the first times that Lulu comes on, it's the show about Lulu wanting a Rolls-Royce, but Ace Parker (who works for Boss) sold the last one, and Boss needs to get it back for Lulu. So, they get Bo and Luke to repo in exchange for a motor that could win them the race.

I thought that you would want to know what the show was about, even though my question isn't too involved in the plot of the show But, anyways, in the book it then goes on to say:

Lulu's laugh in the scene was looped in post-production by John Schneider.

What exactly does that mean? Are they trying to say that it is really John Schneider's voice that was put in for Lulu's laugh?

Let me know your thoughts and comments, because I have no idea what is meant here, and I find this really interesting!

Thanks!

Laura Duke

Like Laura Duke said it was probably a one time deal.

I'm no expert in filmmaking but in a documentary I once watched about it, it was explained that dialogue is recorded while filming but sometimes part of it doesn't come out nicely because of background noise for example. The actors go in the recording studio and record the lines that got messed up.

I guess Peggy couldn't go to the recording session for a reason and they asked John at the last minute.

That would definately make sense, North_of_Border1! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that it was weird that John Schneider would be laughing and taping it as Lulu. So, the way you explained it puts an end to my curiosity. Plus, they probably chose him because John and Tom were the ones that went there everyday, and between the two, John had the hire voice.

Thanks!

Laura Duke