The Heart Wont Lie: Unless your Luke and Lori.

LoriDavenport

Lori smiled as she stopped, grabbing the lock putting it back on the door. She lead him back to the corner and nodded to him. She smiled and went to her barracks. Funny thing was, you could smell his aftershave on her a mile away. The women looked at her and their eyes got big. She sniffed her shirt and her mouth dropped,"Ohhh dear...." She hurried to the washroom and tried scrubbing til she was red.

Luke on the other hand when he walked in he smelt of Lori's perfume, honey vanilla. The men looked at him and nudged him and stuff whislting aat him. He looked a tad bit confused but when he caught a whiff of the perfume he cussed and ran to the men's washroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Daniel smiled to Dixie."Your first time huh? you sure know what your doing then..."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie replied, "I guess maybe us Davenport girls may just be a natural. I have a cousin that was known for her 'abilities' in bed!" Dixie crawled on Daniel's lap and kissed him passionately. As she closed her eyes she could see Luke.

Daniel was in heaven and more than willing to give Dixie exactly what she wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke returned to his bunk area. He was hanging his towels from his shower up as Pvt. Farmer walked up to Luke, "Say Duke. Is it really true that you are banging a Sarge here?"

Luke knew where these 'rumors' came from and he'd deal with that soon. Luke shut his locker and turned to face Farmer, "Look, Farmer I know where those rumors came from and it my be best for you to leave it as a rumor."

Farmer smiled and held his hands up,"Alright....just asking...aweful defensive over it though.."

Luke nodded, "Defensive, no. Just figure to mind my own business and like those around me to mind theirs!"

Farmer smirked,"Why mind our business when yours is muuuch better.."

"Mine may be much better, but IF I had the 'connections' to bang a Sargent, don't you think I would have the connections to cause you a lot of grief?" Luke asked calmly.

Farmer thought about it and actually afraid he backed away and left.

Luke smirked to himself as he layed on his bunk. Tomorrow was going to be a long day. Nineteen hours days were getting old. He was up at 5 am and on duty til 3pm then was given extra duty working the gate til midnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori on the other hand..............

Lori on the otherhand was busy during the week with training for her DI classes. She sighed as she stepped out of the shower. The girls giggled and laughed at Lori as they looked at her, she had a hickey on her neck!!! Lori turned blood red and took Luke's name in vein... She let her hair down as she laid on her bunk trying to hide that was going to be a tad bit hard. Lori sighed and groaned, she hoped Luke was having fun she wasnt!! Lori thought long and hard, next time she saw him, he'd pay the price for it!

She smiled as she got in her footlocker, she found a small bottle of foundation. She shook it up and dabbed a little on the hickey hiding it. She smiled proudly and laid back down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel looked to Dixie and smiled kissing her,"Well...you musta took lessons from your cousin or something..."

Dixie....

Dixie said, "Glad you approve." She gave him a wicked smile as she lowered herself on his lap.....

Daniel gasped in suprise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori slept.... By morning she had forgotten all about the hickey. She checked the board the 'dress of the day' was PT clothing. She glanced out the window and saw rain pelting down. She quickly dressed as the Sgt's right hand person called for them to 'fall out'!

Lori went without even thinking! After the normal PT they started a 10 mile run in the rain. breaks consisted of more PT. Lori had memories of being in the brig after the first hour of the training. Everyone was sweating and sweating badly! Lori was setting on a rock under a bit of shelter when Sgt. Hardin walked up. "Corporal Davenport, what is on your neck?"

Lori's eyes turned wide as she felt the hickey, the makeup had ran off. She was kicking herself on the inside. She ran her hand around her neck and lied,"Sir..I dont know exactly sir...feels odd though..." Sgt. Hardin glared at her."Corporal Davenport MY office after this drill!!!!" Lori cussed as he continued the run. She got up and jogged on cussing every step of the way.

When the drill was over, Lori sighed as Hardin allowed her to change into her uniform. She cussed and walked into his office saluting him,"Sir you wanted to see me sir?"

"Corporal Davenport I know the circumastances of your court martial and yor demotion. I AM sure that you are aware that ANYONE putting a "hickey" on a soliders neck CAN BE charged with destruction of government property. Now I have my suspicions who put that on your neck, but I also feel you'd rather I NOT persue it, YOU will be stationed on Gate G after hours until midnight until further notice and I suggest that YOU inform the person responsible for that, not to make it so obvious again!"

Lori nodded and saluted him. She walked out the door and cussed loud enough for the Sergeant to hear. She shook her head and figured she'd better get to the Gate. When she got there she saw Luke. She grinded her teeth, looking around she growled,"I gotta bone to pick with you Duke!"

Luke looked a bit confused at seeing Lori replace the Pvt. on the gate. Then, with her statement about picking a bone with him he knew something was up. He waited.

Lori stood in position,"You HAD to leave a hickey on me????"

Luke replied,"I did?" I..I didn't mean too...I swear!!!!"

Lori snorted,"Serge told me to tell you NEXT TIME dont make it so da** obvious!! I swear I could kill you right about now!!!"

"Lori, I had no intention of leaving a hickey. Da** I know Better! Sh**!!!"

Lori smirked,"How long you got this gate duty?"

Luke sighed,"Further notice!"

Lori giggled."Me to..."

Luke swore and said,"Great! just great!"

Lori looked insulted,"Well I love you to..."

"That is NOT what I meant!! It happens to bother me when you get punished for my stupidness!"

Lori ahrugged,"I dont care...dont bother me none.."

"Uh huh, that's what I heard a minute ago! sides it bothers ME!" Lukre said.

Lori shrugged,"Slong as your careful next time be ok..."

Luke replied,"Yeah I will be. You got a line of cars heading your way. "He nodded at the traffic. then asked,"Did you call Cooter or Uncle Jesse yet?"

Lori sighed as she checked their ID's and motioned them through,"No..I aint had the chance too.. I will tonight..or during my lunch hour.."

"Been awhile since you pulled gate duty hasn't it Corporal? Ya got to eat on the go out here." Luke smirked and added,"Unless you got a good partner who gives you a break and handles traffic in foru lanes from two directiosn alone."

Lori sighed and looked at him,"I reckon your right... well...the way I feel I dont eat lunch anymore if ya catch my drift...So, if you get hungry I'll take care of the traffic for ya." She smiled at him and checked another ID.

"THAT was NOT my point and YES you are going to eat. At least as long as im working with you. So, ah the hickey got you out here? Sorry, guess I got a bit carried away." Luke explained.

Lori stopped and raised a brow,"Ya thank??" She smiled again at him and shook her head,"Dont wanna eat cant make me..."

Luke dropped his head in defeat,"Look..I'll give you time to eat and I would like you to feed OUR child whether you want to eat or not, but I promise you, I will give you the break to do so.."

Lori looked at him,"Mr. demandive are we??" Some people looked at them weirdly. She sighed and looked at him,"Ya know I could argue with you all day about this...but, I wont..."

Luke smirked just a bit and replied,"Good." He thought about her calling Jesse and Cooter,"Ya know if you called them on break out here, I may be able to talk to them a second to?"

Lori nodded,"You could....alright then I'll call em out here..."

Break time. Lori sighed and looked at the phone all the cars had stopped by then, she picked it up and dialed Cooter's first. She looked over to Luke and motioned him to pick his phone up. He watched to see if traffic was coming and picked the phone up.

Lori smiled,"Cousin?"

Cooter sighed,"Yes'um....dont tell me Lori...what did you do now??"

Luke laughed. Lori glared at him. "Coot...I aint in no trouble...I was wondering if you wanted to come to the wedding?"

"Wedding? Oh, no! don't tell me!!" Cooter asked.

Lori looked a bit confused,"You was the one that said Luke had better da** well marry me..."

Cooter kicked himself,"Ah,...Yeah,...I did,..Didn't I? Well, ok, just how lond do you two expect it to last THIS time?"

Lori bit her tongue,"Well, the route your going how long do YOU plan to live....aint you got no faith!!"

Cooter rubbed his face,"Da** it Lori, I'd love to see you two together in rockers after fifty years of marriage, but I swear I can't see it, cousin." Cooter added,"Lori you KNOW Luke! What does he have to say?"

Lori got annoyed,"Yea bout as bad as me sayin I cant see you as a daddy....jacka**, why dont you ask him yourself!!!"

Lori shoved the phone in Luke's hand. He said,"Ah, hey Cooter."

Cooter was confused,"Hey Lukas...you and her seriously getting married?"

Luke took a deep breath and replied,"Yeah Cooter we are. This time it is for Keeps!!"

Cooter shook his head,"Uh huh....you sure?"

Luke gave a slight smile and replied,"Yeah Cooter I am. We've been through too much to get this chance to throw it away.."

Cooter smiled to himself and nodded,"Well Lukas....count me in..when is it so I can make sure to close the garage.."

"Thanks Cooter. The first weekend in May. Maybe you and the others can ride together?"

Cooter nodded,"Sure thing Buddy-roe take care...and tell Lori to mind her temper! geesh shes liable to blow a gasket on ya!"

Luke laughed and nodded. He looked to Lori and smiled,"Thats one down..."

Lori smirked,"Yer asking Uncle Jesse..."

Luke took a deep breath and checked traffic. As luck would have it, he was clear,"Dial it.."

Lori giggled and pressed the buttons..

Lori did just that and dialed Jesse's number.

"Duke Farm." Uncle Jesse answered.

Lori said, "Uncle Jesse, this is Lori, I got someone who wants to talk to you."

Luke cleared the car as Lori handed him the phone, "Uncle Jesse, this is Luke."

Jesse smiled a bit hearing Both Luke and Lori,"Luke...tell me your ok.."

Dixie Davenport: "Uncle Jesse we are both fine, maybe a bit over worked but fine."

Jesse laughed a bit,"Well that'll teach ya! what ya needin son?"

Luke took a deep breath and said, "We would like you all to come up the first weekend in May. Uncle Jesse, Lori has agreed to marry me again."

Jesse sighed,"Now Luke...Are you absolutely sure that you and her want to do this again?? you know that you can keep her for keeps this time?

Luke spoke up, "Uncle Jesse I wanted her for keeps the first time around."

Jesse smiled, it did him good to hear Luke say that,"Well son...If I know that you and her can do it this time around I'll be there....I want you BOTH to promise me that I don't have to go with either one of you to get divorce papers again.."

Luke had to laugh a bit, "We have talked about it. We both agree that this time is for keeps."

Jesse smiled, then sighed,"Luke...Bo and Daisy will want to come too, I'm gonna need to find some help to look after the farm.."

Luke replied, "If you have to hire out a few guys let me know, I can help with that as long as you all are here. Please, Uncle Jesse? I need you all here..."

Jesse nodded, "I can get Coy and Vance Luke to come here and watch after the place..I'll be there.."

"Tell them I appreciate them and you too. I'll make arangements for you all. The ceremony will be on Sunday. I'm still not sure how much time off I'll have."

Jesse nodded,"Luke..long as I get to see you two again I'll be fine.."

"Uncle Jesse, that you will, I promise." Luke answered."

Jesse nodded,"Im expecting too...Luke, be good my boy...tell Lori to STAY OUT OF TROUBLE! I know that girl can stir up more trouble than shes worth at times!"

Luke grined widely, "Yes, Sir, she can. That is a fact. I'l tell her. Get up with Cooter, I think he is planning on coming up too. Maybe ya'll can come together?"

Jesse smiled,"Sure thing Luke....take care?"

Luke thought to himself even after the phone went dead, "Yeah, ya'll too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at Dixie's school............

Lori looked at Luke,"Well?"

Luke smiled,"He's coming AND he said to stay outta trouble!"

Lori giggled and shook her head, they still had at least a good 20 minutes left of their break. She hoped Luke had forgotten about her needing to go and eat.

Luke looked at her,"Lor...go on and get something to eat...I'll watch out.."

Lori sighed,"But I aint hungry..."

Luke replied,"You may NOT be but that doesn't mean OUR child isn't. Go on and eat something for the baby if not for me?" Luke almost begged.

Lori sighed and nodded, she looked around, there was no traffic she wickedly smiled and dropped him a hot kiss then headed to the mess hall.

Luke..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lori got there the women all looked at her, she sighed and walked on. They STILL went on with her hickey!!!

When she got her plate she sat with her friends. They looked at her,"Is he a pain?"

Lori loked at them."Huh?"

They pointed to her hickey,"Is he a pain to ya now?? he's caused you THIS much trouble..."

Lori laughed,"Shoot...girls this is mere child's play compared to the trouble we've gotten into before!"

They looked at her oddly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Back at Dixie's school Daniel smiled to Dixie and sent her small notes. Somehow though, word travels fast....seems Daniel bragged to his 'boys' about Dixie.

When Dixie heard the rumors she thought.....

When Dixie heard the rumors she thought that it was really great that she WANTED word to travel about her and Daniel, other wise she would have been pissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter had gotten a car that all the Dukes and himself could fit into comfortably. The made their way to the base the night before the wedding. All were suprised to see Luke working the gate they came into and Lori the one they left through. From the hotel room they could see Lori flagging traffic.

Bo looked at Cooter who stood near the window, "She still out there?"

Cooter replied, "Yeah, she is."

That next morning was the big day. Luke and Lori were so happy... they still had to work though. They knew it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding but things couldnt be helped.

At 5:00 p.m. Luke was in his blues uniform and waited at the alter, He watched Lori walk down the isle in her uniform and smiled to her. He was doing it again, and this time, it was serious. Jesse smiled as he gave Lori away, just the way Lori wanted it.

Luke and Lori exchanged their wedding vowels once more and placed the rings on each others fingers.

They were once more together again.

~~~~~~~~

Dixie lived on through the dorm, carrying on Lori's legacy, she did it as a favor to her couisn though, she let Lori have Luke, one because she was tired of fighting and two she just wanted to be left alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Narrator: Well Folks looks like Ole Luke and Lori finally re-tied the knot again. Luke was shipped over to Vietnam May 30th, a month after the war started. Hartman had it arranged that way as he pulled strings and did all he could for the two. Lori had their child, a baby girl named Katie Lavinia Duke.

Ya'll take care now..