What is Cooter jawin' about?

In Baa, Baa White Sheep (season 3, I think) Cooter is at his garage on his tow truck's CB telling Luke and Daisy about Boss Hogg changing into the black suit in the scheme to trick the judge. Cooter said that Boss was changing "Quicker than a mineral swimmin' nickel dipper." At least this is what I think he said, even after "rewinding" several times. Cooter sorta mumbled his way through this one. I love all of the odd phrases in the show, but this one has me stumped. Is Cooter really saying "Quicker than a mineral swimmin' nickel dipper" and what in the world does it mean? Or is Cooter saying something else? :-o

In Baa, Baa White Sheep (season 3, I think) Cooter is at his garage on his tow truck's CB telling Luke and Daisy about Boss Hogg changing into the black suit in the scheme to trick the judge. Cooter said that Boss was changing "Quicker than a mineral swimmin' nickel dipper." At least this is what I think he said, even after "rewinding" several times. Cooter sorta mumbled his way through this one. I love all of the odd phrases in the show, but this one has me stumped. Is Cooter really saying "Quicker than a mineral swimmin' nickel dipper" and what in the world does it mean? Or is Cooter saying something else? :-o

Quicker than a minnow will swim a nickel dipper. Minnow = small fish. I assume nickel dipper refers to something like a small cup with a handle and it's made outta nickel. Obviously, a minnow could swim a complete circle in one of those real quick! LOL.

Examples:

post-2557-143050809149_thumb.jpg

You are awesome Meadowmuffin. I guess that's why you are the Supreme Superior Commander. That's one of my favorite episodes because of Abraham Lincoln Hogg. He reminds me so much of Enos on that show because he is so genuinely good. Now, I have to go watch it just for that one part. By the way, how are you at interpreting some of Flash's barks? Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

You are awesome Meadowmuffin. I guess that's why you are the Supreme Superior Commander. That's one of my favorite episodes because of Abraham Lincoln Hogg. He reminds me so much of Enos on that show because he is so genuinely good. Now, I have to go watch it just for that one part. By the way, how are you at interpreting some of Flash's barks? Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I'm only semi-fluent in hound dog. I would be completely fluent, but my dog is only half beagle. LOL. Her retriever accent confuses me sometimes. LOL.

I think they should've brought Abraham Lincoln Hogg back in another episode or two. Oh well, that's what fanfic is for, right? LOL.

I'm only semi-fluent in hound dog. I would be completely fluent, but my dog is only half beagle. LOL. Her retriever accent confuses me sometimes. LOL.

I think they should've brought Abraham Lincoln Hogg back in another episode or two. Oh well, that's what fanfic is for, right? LOL.

I know Maine Coon and, Ragdoll and trying to figure out Rabbit's eye language. Lol.

I liked Abraham Lincoln Hogg, was he the father of Hughie Hogg and Dewey Hogg as well, and who was Jamie Lee Hogg's father he was pretty nice as well.

• 1 month later...

You got me intrigued on this, so had to see what google turned up. What I found was a link to oral history recordings at Emporia State Uni and this quote

You know, we were very poor when I was growing up, but I didn't know it. I knew it was a real treat to get a nickel to buy an ice cream cone when you could, but an ice cream cone - a big one for a nickel, a double dipper was 10 cents

Looks like it's an ice cream scoop then.