Boss Hogg and Jesse have been cast

Capt_Redneck

I still think Burt Reynolds will make a good JD Hogg. Burt has gotten more serious roles as he has gotten older . I can picture him playing a sleazy and funny sarcastic character along the lines of what he did in Boogie Nights and Striptease w/ Demi Moore. Or maybe being a power hungry hard-ass as he was in Driven...

Just something to think about.....

Darrell

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a true Burt Renyold fan and I've like him in everything I've seen him in. He's older now and he's starting to look a little like Boss. He's got a belly and he's really bald under the toupe'. I'm not sure about Willie, he definitely has that lovable old uncle part down but Jesse was pretty fiesty when he got mad. Willie's pretty soft spoken. But I'm willing to give him a chance. I love all those westerns he was in. Pretty much all the casting in the movie wouldn't have been my first choice, but then what do I know. Those folks in Hollywood make millions doing this stuff, I just watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Now....its just my opinion...and don't get me wrong i like burt reynolds (big Smokey and the Bandit fan) but i just can't see him as boss hogg...boss wasn't that old of a guy..i mean no he wasn't a young guy and i don't know how old burt is now but...i just don't know about that..i could be completely wrong he may do a wonderful job as boss..and i also don't know about willie nelson as jesse..i mean come on willie nelson is this little guy...jesse was a pretty big guy...but again i may be wrong on that as well, and on that topic im not sure about dolly pardon...whoever she plays. im a really big Dukes Of Hazzard fan, I really hope they make it unforgettable...but July as a release date sounds kinda far off..

Actually that is really close. I don't know how many people know about how a shooting schedule works, but in case you don't...

First off, films are not shot the way you see them on screen. That is the magic of the editing room. Shooting schedules vary from project to project. Some of them are made around an actor's schedule if he or she is extremely popular and they're time is limited. Now as for the schedule for the new film, they must be putting in 15 hour days on that set...

LOL...But anyway, they must be on a tight schedule...5, maybe 6 weeks of shooting, puts them mid January. Scoring, soundtrack, and foley work, mid feb. Pickups and reshoots, another 2-3 weeks, depending on complexity, Early to mid March. Editing takes about a month to six weeks, mid April to Early May. Bigwig and test audience screenings, a week. Maybe more reshoots, another 2 weeks, End of May. Finished product taken to be duped, 4 weeks, End of June. Premiere in Hollywood 3 weeks before wide release to theatres.

I think that about covers it...Any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm gone,

JD jr.