Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Cooter quickly stopped the two guys before the went out the house, running into the boys room and digging out Bo's jeans, blue t-shirt, yellow shirt and boots.

"Put him in these...Bo'd throw a fit if ya put him in a suit..."

Jesse nodded tearily and thanked Cooter quietly, he hadnt thought of that. He watched silently as his youngest was wheeled gently out and sat down slowly on the sofa, tears slipping gently from his eyes. Cooter was quick to sit next to him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, wishing Luke would hurry up and get back inside.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke heard the hears leave the yard but waited in the barn till he could no longer hear it going down the road. Slowly he climbed down the ladder dragging his feet as he walked across the yard it got harder to go inside the house each time he left expecting to see Bo there only to be crushed when he wasn't.

Seeing Jesse on the couch with Cooter nearly broke the sparse hold he had on his emotions once again but he mentally pulled himself togeter sitting next to Jesse on the other side wrapping his arms around the older man. That was the only way any of them was going to get through this was together.

For once though...Bo looked from the outside in, wishing that he could once more feel the warmth and love that he knew Uncle Jesse's hug held....feel the security he had always felt in Luke's arms.

He wished that he had all that back but the fact was he didn't...he and everyone had thought that it would be kinder to let him die...but actually it was just as much torutre...until he could get up to the pearly gates anyway....

*****Later that same evening*****

B.L. had fallen back to sleep on the couch as she and Daisy sat mourning Bo. Daisy too had cried herself to sleep. Looking at the clock B.L. gently shook Daisy they should at least go back to the Duke farm for a little while then Daisy could come back and stay the night there with her, but B.L. wanted to check on Luke and Uncle Jesse.

"Psst Daisy hey darlin' wakeup for me 'k"

B.L. sighs but understands Daisy's feelings all too well. Reaches for the phone on the table beside the couch.

"Ok....well let's see if we can get Cooter to convince Luke ta come over here. I think it'd do ya both some good to get outta the house for a while"

Picks up the phone asking Mable

"Hey Mable can ya get me the Duke farm"

"Sure can Brandy Lou"

The phone rang through the silence on the Duke Farm but no one moved, Luke and Jesse remained int their solid embrace so Cooter swiftly got off the couch and picked it up.

"Hello duke residance...ya got Crazy cooter answerin' fer them dukes now what can I do ya for?"

Cooter looked over to the two on the couch, each drawing as much strength from the other as they could. he sighed.

"I Dunno B.L...jesse and Luke are kinda needing each other now...i'll speak to 'em and see what they say and all but...the undertakers just came and picked up Bo....so they's kinda....ya know..."

"Will do Cooter.....talk to ya later"

hangs up the phone turning to Daisy

"Cooter's gonna see if maybe Luke and or Jesse wants ta get out of the house for a while and come over here."

Jesse looks at Cooter shaking his head he didn't have the stamina or the will to move from this very spot at the moment.

"Thanks for tellin' me about Daisy Cooter.....but I think I'd rather just stay here.......but it's ok if ya wanna go Luke gettin' off the farm'll do ya good."

Luke hesitates he doesn't want to leave Uncle Jesse alone but the walls were beginning to feel as though they were closing in on him again.

"Ya sure ya don't mind Uncle Jesse?"

Jesse smiles squeezing Luke's shoulders

"No Luke ya go if ya want I wouldn't mind some time ta mahself fer a while."

Luke looks to Cooter nodding he really felt like he needed to get out

Luke glanced at the General Lee before turning away he couldn't look at the car it was just another sore reminder that Bo wasn't there and he wasn't coming back this time. Getting in the passenger side of the wrecker waiting for Cooter Luke leaned the back of his head against the seat closing his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the stock car. Once Cooter was in and they'd turned toward the road Luke asked

"Cooter do ya think ya could do somethin' with General Lee? I don't think I can stand seein 'im everyday knowin' Bo ain't here ta drive and won't ever be again. I really don't care what ya do with 'im just get 'im outta here."

Cooter sighed softly, not knowing how to approach this but he had to try.

"Well sure I can buddy roe but....is...well it probably aint my place ta say it but....do ya think that's what Bo'd want....fer the prize possesion ya both shared to be locked away and forgotten about just 'cause he ain't there ta use it no more?"

Luke shakes his head sadly he knew Bo wouldn't want the General locked away forever but he also knew that Bo'd probably feel the same as him if things were reversed.

"I ain't sayin' put 'im away for forever necessarily just for a little while. I might feel differently after some time but right now it just hurts too much ta see the General Lee sittin' there nevermind the thought of drivin' him. Can ya understand that Cooter. It's all just too painful right now n' I need some time ta readjust to the changes without Bo."

Looks out the side window watching the familiar scenery go by the same scenery that he'd been watching from the passenger side of the powerful orange stockcar as they ran from Rosco or Enos or Cletus only now it flew by the window at a much slower speed and there was no sirens in the background this time.

Cooter nodded gently and sighed.

"Yeah....sure I can buddy...I'll have it moved in the mornin'...."

he hated this...he knew things were going to change without Bo...but the changes were all starting to happen so fast and it was unnerving because things never moved fast in hazzard county except the General Lee...

Continuing to look out the window blankly Luke said quietly almost too quietly to be heard.

"thanks Cooter"

Falling into his own thoughts Luke remembered the last time he'd been this way in the General Lee it was just a few days before the whole world seemed to turn upside down. Before the fight that'd sent Bo running to the lake now that he thought back on it all it had been so stupid. It wasn't the first time one of them was doing the other's chores to keep Jesse from givin' 'em hell for shirkin' their chores ta go chase girls or some other more appealing activity than doing chores.

Luke sighs heavily he never did really apoligize for all that before Bo took sick he'd just went into protective mode ever since and made it his sole responsibility more or less to take care of Bo till he was better.

Soon they were pulling into the driveway at B.L.'s. Luke climbed wearily from the wrecker leaning against the side,part of him wanted to forget all this was happening and just unwind for a little while but then another part of him felt guilty for having these thoughts. It was as if he was being torn in two by warring emotions.

B.L. hearing the wrecker pull in looked out the window watching sadly as Luke climbed from the wrecker and leaned against it. He looked like a little lost puppy dog so forlorn and miserable it broke her heart. Daisy had been pitiful looking as she'd arrived but nothing compared to Luke who looked 15 years older than his age.

Cooter walked round to Luke and gently put his arm round his friend's shoulders and guided him into the house where they were both instantly met by Daisy who flung her arms round his waist, not being able to bare the miserable look on his face.

"Luke! Luke I'm sorry....I had to get away from there I had to..."