Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Luke looks at Bo no he kept reminding himself it was Bo's ghost,his eyes haunted and dull.

"It wouldna hurt anymore than it does now. I know your not hurtin' nomore and fer that I'm glad you's been so sick and ya was real brave durin' all o' it. Part o' us will always hurt jist cos we miss ya so much but I s'pose it'll get easier,did fer Uncle Jesse all them years ago when Aunt Martha passed. As well as our Daddies and Mama's.....Diein' in front o' us wadn't a been no crueler fer us than when we was beggin' ya not ta give up when that woulda ended all yer pain and ya'd have been well again.

*nods,it made sense that Bo would help the family even in death as he had in life that was just the way Bo was. He'd walk on hot coals to help his family anyway he could long having it drilled into him as it had been Luke and Daisy that family was all they really had.*

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo shrugged gently, wishing he could once more wrap his arms around Luke but he didn't know what would happen if he did. He could touch things but he didn't know if people could touch or feel him without their hands going through him....which was a little disturbing even to him.

"Luke....it would have been harder fer me to let go with y'all there....but it don't matter now....its done and....ya know my reasoning...."

He looked over and smiled gently.

"Uncle Jesse was talkin' ta me....well my body....but I kinda hid outside and listened in....he asked me to watch over ya....keep ya safe fer him.....he's worried 'bout ya Luke...."

Luke nods he knew Bo's reasoning and even understood it at least in his head but the rest of him wasn't quite so understanding at the moment. Biting his lip a couple tears escape Luke's eyes he didn't mean to be worrying Uncle Jesse he'd been worried enough about Bo and was grieving himself.

"I....don't mean ta worry him....jist can't seem to help it. I guess I been so wrapped up in myself since we got back from the race and found out about ya that I hadn't noticed how he was takin' things or that he was even watchin' me"

Bo swallowed gently and looked hurridly around. He hated it when Luke cried, it was one of the hardest things he ever had to watch knowing he couldn't do a damn thing about it.

He looked over Luke quickly and spotted what he was looking for. Reaching over he put his hand in Luke's pocket and pulled out his handkerchief, gently wiping his eyes, the only form of comfort he could give....he was so glad that he still had the ability to lift and touch things.

"I know....he said that it didn't matter. He's actually glad yer gettin' out of yer system instead o'bottlin' it all up....says it'll help ya deal with it better...s'why he was talkin' ta me....to get it out of his system....You's entitled to bein' wrapped up in yerself Luke....ain't no shame in that at the moment...."

Luke shakes his head sniffing as Bo dried the last few tears. He might have the right to be wrapped up in hisself right now but he couldn't afford to do that not when Daisy needed him and Uncle Jesse would need him to help with the chores more now without Bo.

"I know there ain't no shame in it but I can't let myself get too deep in my ownself cos I don't know if I can pull out again and go on livin' and helpin' Uncle Jesse with the farm like I know I should or takin' care of Daisy. But I can't seem ta stop these damn wild emotions one minute I'm fine the next minute it's like somebody turned on a faucet."

Bo shrugged, a little surprised that Luke wasn't freaking out about the fact Bo was actually holding the handkercheif....he knew he would be if he were in Luke's position...then again Luke wasn't all that easy to spook out either.

"Yeah I know...but then again perhaps that's why I's still here...in a way...to help ya with that....help ya move on....I dunno if other people can see me or not...."

Bo sighed and decided to wait a few minutes before following Luke over.

This had better not be one of god's tests ta let me inta heaven....this is real hard...

He didn't know how the heck he was going to get Luke home to his family. He couldn't CB no one, Jesse couldn't see him nor Daisy or Cooter....and Luke could barly stand as it was.....

Sits there a few minutes with his chin resting on his chest and his eyes closed breathing deeply. Looks back up to once again make sure he hadn't been seeing things and Bo hadn't disappeared. Notices for the first time how much the sun had moved in the sky Uncle Jesse would be sending out a search party for him if he didn't get back to the house.

Mentally shaking himself one last time Luke looks at the transparent form of his baby cousin

"I better git home Uncle Jesse'll send out a search party thinkin' I done somethin' foolish."

Luke rubs his eyes this was just too strange first Bo appeared out of nowhere and now he just disappeared right before his eyes. Getting to his feet walking back toward the farm slowly letting his mind come to terms with everything that had gone on since the race it wasn't easy to comprehend and he might never fully comprehend it all.

Jesse and Cooter sat at the kitchen table, waiting anxiously for Luke to get back. They were both worried about Daisy and Luke, but Daisy had rang and said she was spending the night at B.L's house which was understandable.

Jesse looked out the window as he spotted something moving and practically ran outside followed by Cooter as he saw it to be Luke. He ran to his oldest and wrapped him in his arms, seeing he had been crying and looked so weary.

"Luke...are ya alright? Are ya hurt?"

Luke leans into Jesse's hold glad for the strong arms supporting him he'd made it home but he was still so very tired after so much ranting and crying. Nods against Jesse's shoulder not caring one bit that Cooter was standing there seeing him like he was.

"No I ain't hurt....I'm alright just needed some time ta myself ta start gettin' my head 'round all that's happened"

He decides not to tell them about the encounter with Bo's ghost they'd think he'd finally gone off the deep end.

Jesse nodded and held Luke that little bit closer before pulling him away and slinging one of Luke's arms around his shoulders, Cooter quickly doing the same on the other side so they could walk Luke carefully back to the house.

They gently sat him on the couch in the living room, knowing they couldn't put him to bed because Bo was still in the bedroom and Jesse wasn't sure if Luke would even want to go in that room anymore.

As Luke sits on the couch doing his best to keep his mind blank a car is heard pulling into the driveway. Looking out the window he pales then gulps seeing the hearse there to get Bo and get him ready for the wake. Gets up going to the kitchen and opening the door saying on his way out.

"Can't stay here while they take Bo"

with that he walks out and heads to the barn loft. In the loft Luke lays looking out the opening across the field seeing the general lee though is too much so sits up turning his back.

Jesse watched him go then gave a pointed look to Cooter, saying maybe it would be better if Cooter didn't see this either.

Cooter was sorely tempted to go after Luke, but he could see in Jesse's eyes that Jesse would need some support as the undertakers took Bo away. Jesse hadn't yet broken down...and this may be the straw that broke that camel's back.

Cooter gently shook his head and placed a hand gently on Jesse's shoulder, squeezing slightly, letting him know without words his support was here.

Jesse nodded and drew in a deep breath as he crossed over to the door and showed the undertakers into the room where Bo Duke lay...

Elmo and Sam both pat Jesse comfortingly on the shoulder as they pass going into the boys room both stopping briefly this was one of the hardest jobs they'd ever done. Bo Duke was a well liked young man in the county and his passing was going to affect alot of people.

Elmo found Bo's suit and shoes before helping sam put the body in a body bag and strap it to the gurrney. Laying the clothes over his arm the two men wheeled the gurrney back through the house. Once more passing Jesse with sympathetic looks before loading the gurrney into the hearse and driving away.