Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Doc pats his arm kindly and smiles before replying

"Well your hot because you're wrapped around Luke there,he's probably hot too just so sound asleep he don't know it. I'm going to do my very best to get you feeling upto par agian Bo don't worry. Do you think some water would help your throat?....I can't give you any asprin for the headache though the other dose for the fever hasn't worn off yet....Part of the weakness and tiredness is from such a high fever but it's also partly because you hadn't regained your strength from the hospital stay."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. slips from the room soon returning with a glass of water handing it to Uncle Jesse before taking her place back next to Daisy.

Luke faintly hears noise that he can't identify the fog is too thick in his head. There's something on his chest but he doesn't know what that is either just that it weighs down on him. With a slight groan he wills himself to return to the surface opening his eyes a crack to see blearily that it's Bo's curly blonde head on his chest. As the night's events resurface he glares at the doctor eyes spitting fire then turning the gaze on his Uncle although the fire is somewhat tempered by the pout he's wearing. He's never going to trust doctors again he decides they're sneaky.

Bo was the first to notice Luke was awake, feeling the slight shift but not having enough strength to look up at Luke to see if he was really awake. So instead he wrapped his arm tighter round Luke's middle and croaked slightly.

"Luke...."

Jesse noticed the glares that Luke was shooting at the Doctor and himself, but he quickly sent one back to Luke that clearly told him 'Don't start, it was your own fault.'

Daisy smiled and gently crossed to Luke's bed, smoothing his hair away from his forehead and whispered gently.

"Hey Sugar....you feelin' alright now?"

Luke tightens his own arm around Bo his brain still fuzzy as he tries to figure out when Bo ended up in his bed when he'd been given the valium by the doctor Bo'd been in his own bed. His mouth feels like cotton as he swallows repeatedly to try and moisten it.

"Hey Bo.......when did ya end up in my bed?"

Rubbing his free hand down his face to try and get rid of the cobwebs that way but without success Luke smiles at Daisy he's mad about being drugged but not at her.

"No.....feel like the morning after a little too much fun at the Boar's Nest"

Too angry at being not only drugged but held while it was done Luke ignores Jesse's warning look.

"Ya had no call ta drug me....I can't do a dang thing to help Bo if your gonna drug me just because I ain't sleepin as much as you's want. I ain't a little kid."

B.L. cringes at the hostility in Luke's tone and the look in his eyes clearly shows how upset he is with being drugged.

Jesse glared right back at his oldest charge and stood over him, pointing at him to punctuate what he was saying.

"Lukas Duke, you got no call to talk to anyone like that! Maybe if you didn't act like you're 5 years old then we's wouldn't have to treat you like one! You ain't gonna be no help to Bo if you's make yerself sick neither so you's can just wipe that look off yer face and start doin' as yer told when yer told, you ain't too old fer me to take you out to the barn ya know!"

Bo whimpered at his Uncle and Luke's sharp tones of voices, it was making his head hurt more. He turned his head up to look at Luke with pleading eyes as he swallowed desperatly to stop his throat from hurting as he spoke.

"Luke please....please stop it....please....Uncle Jesse's right..."

Daisy smiled at Luke's comment about the hangover type feeling, but she sighed gently at Bo's plea and ran her hand through his hair before bringing it to rest lightly on his cheek.

"Luke sweetie....Bo and Uncle Jesse are right....if you won't sleep Bo ain't gonna get no better 'cause he'll be too worried about you! You need to take care of yerself as well as Bo...you helped him even when you's was sleeping Luke....he was so upset and scared and restless....but as soon as he was put in your bed, he settled right down and his fever decreased quicker too...."

Luke looks unwavering back up at Uncle Jesse jaw clenched in anger so tight the muscles can be seen twitching but he doesn't retort knowing that Jesse means what he said about a trip to the barn and that's the last thing Bo needs right now is for him to get into trouble with their Uncle.

As Bo whimpers Luke caresses the blonde head still on his chest nestled at his throat.

"Alright Bo I ain't gonna argue with Uncle Jesse nomore."

Luke nods acceptance of Daisy's statement.

B.L. now gets to her feet joining the other's at Luke's bed reaching down to hold Bo's hand for a moment

"Daisy's right Luke,Bo woke up and wouldn't settle for nobody but you and even though Doc didn't want ta let him at first he agreed ta let me help Bo to your bed and as soon as Bo lay back down he went back ta sleep and sleep's the best thing for him and YOU both right now."

Luke gives B.L. a crooked smile he's pretty sure she did her own persuading when Bo was getting upset in order to get the Doc to agree and if he hadn't probably would have helped Bo move anyway.

Doc had slipped from the room giving the family privacy to have their talk and wandered out onto the front porch to get some fresh air as he thought over Bo's case and what might be wrong and how best to help him.

Bo sighed softly at the gentle caress that Luke gave, feeling safer in his arms even more so than earlier now that he was awake, even though he felt incrediably safe when he wasn't. Luke had always managed to do that for him, even when he was away in 'Nam, the letters that Luke sent always seemed to hold the comfort and reassurance that Bo needed to ge through everything in the four years he had been away.

Daisy smiled gently down at her two cousins, noticing the Doc had gone but not saying anything. She chuckled slightly and sat next to Luke.

"There ya see, so now you can quit being such a stubborn ol' jackass and start sleepin' proper or next time it won't be the Doc druggin' ya that knocks ya out, it'll be you losin' a fight with my fryin' pan."

Bo couldn't help but laugh slightly at that, remebering all too well the time that him and Luke had run Daisy's roadrunner over Kissing Cliff and the mad dash to get away from her and her pan when they had told her.

Luke laughs his anger forgotten

"Ok I'll sleep a little more but only if Bo don't need me awake ta care for him....... I ain't no match for that fryin pan"

B.L. laughs at the mental picture somehow she'd missed seeing that one but the recounting of it when she'd come to visit the farm had been so animated and vivid she could see it happening in her mind.

But then sighs at the first part of what Luke says

"Luke we done tole ya just Bo bein' in your bed helped him a whole lot so you can sleep and let somebody else do tha stayin awake part of takin care of him you's just give comfort and moral support while takin care of yaself."

Daisy nodded along with B.L and so did Jesse, but it was Jess who spoke.

"Bo's been doin' much better since you's been asleep and takin' care of yerself..."

At this point, Bo was slightly irritated at people telling other people how he felt. He could speak for himself, it hurt, but he could do it.

"Yeah Luke....just bein' with ya helps so much...I don't need ya awake 24/7...."

Luke rolls his eyes when Bo speaks he might of known Bo would get in on the fight to get him to sleep more and he just couldn't fight Bo which to Luke's current way of thinking is an unfair weapon to get him to cooperate.

The Doc comes back into the room to check on things and to get his bag so he can go run tests on the blood he'd drawn from Bo earlier.

"Everything ok in here?........"

Daisy nodded at the Doc.

"Yeah I think so....we got Bo tellin' Luke to sleep and even heard a small laugh from him too..."

Bo smiled slightly and swallowed, realising he actually did want the water on the nightstand but couldn't reach up his hand to take it, let alone hold it himself. He felt utterly embarrassed about it.

"I'm...alright....just...could ya...get me the...water from the stand...I can't...urm....can't..."

Doc Appleby smiles with a pointed look at Luke

"Good maybe you'll listen to Bo.......If you don't need more for a little while I'm gonna head back to town get that blood under a microscope. I'll call Atlanta too and check on those test results and check back tonight."

Doc gives Uncle Jesse and apologetic look

I'm sorry Jesse I'd like to stay and keep an eye on Bo all day but I've got other patients to see to.

Luke turns his eyes away from the doctor embarassed the doctor saw him act like a 5yr old it was one thing to throw a fit with just the family and B.L. there but totally something else with anyone else as witnesses.

B.L. smiles as she picks up the water sitting on the edge of the bed helping Bo to sit up and while Luke holds him upright she raises the glass to Bo's lips saving him from having to say more she could read the embarassment there at needing so much help.

Jesse shook his head and smiled at the Doc.

"No apologies needed Amos, we're thankful for all you've done already. Come on, i'll show you out."

With that Jesse led the way out the room, happier now that Luke seemed to be back to his normal self, sometimes all that he needed was a dang good embarrassment to throw him back on track, and that Bo at least seemed a little better.

Bo groaned a little as B.L and Luke shifted him to upright, his whole body felt like one huge cramp but smiled thankfully at Daisy as she grabbed the pillows from Bo's bed and slid them gently behind his back to help support him as well as Luke's support. He gently sipped at the water, only taking two small ones before turning his head away. He knew he should drink more....but his throat just hurt too much to care.

Doc followed Jesse out bidding him goodbye and to call if he was needed to come before his clinic closed. Getting in his car he drove back to Hazzard.

B.L. looked at Luke with a frown sitting the glass back on the nightstand, as Bo turned his head away after only two small sips,he was going to dehydrate if they didn't get more liquids in him. Luke shakes his head at her frown they can't force him to drink but they would have to figure out something to keep Bo from dehydrating.

Daisy noticed this and gently bit her bottom lip, wondering if maybe she should run outside before the Doc drove away to see if he could give something to help Bo drink a little more.

But she heard his car start up and looked out the window as he saw him drive away, sighing softly.

Bo didn't notice the frown's that were passed between Luke and B.L, having closed his eyes and rested his head against the backboard, still feeling weak and tired.

B.L. crossed to the window putting an arm around Daisy's shoulders,sighing softly it had been a long night and it was going to be a long day. As she gently turns Daisy from the window.

"C'mon Daisy we might as well start breakfast."

Luke watched Bo as he sat there with his eyes closed the feeling of helplessness washing over him again. He was also feeling guilty about his actions the night before,having caused Uncle Jesse more worry all because he was being stubborn and not listening to reason,knowing he should be out helping Jesse with the chores Luke rubs his forehead tiredly he can't help with the chores and stay with Bo to keep him calm but finally he decides Jesse would rather he stay with Bo so he settles with an arm around Bo's waist.

Jesse watches the doctor's car disappear around the bend before turning to the barn to get started on the chores. He was worried about both his nephews,afraid Luke was going to make himself ill taking care of Bo and that Bo really was giving up. Daisy was starting to look overly tired too what with working at the Boar's Nest and helping take care of Bo. He was thankful for B.L.'s help although she couldn't keep going at the pace she had been for over a week now either.

Daisy nodded gently as B.L turned her away from the window, heading out to the kitchen to start cooking the usual breakfast.

"Hey B.l...could ya fix something a bit better fer Bo? I'm guessin' that his throat ain't none too good, and we want somethin' easy for his stomach to handle...think ya can find somethin'?"

Bo smiled slightly as Luke's arm wrapped gently round his waist and opened his eyes, seeing quickly the worry and concern in his older cousin's eyes. He reached over and took Luke's hand and turned his head slightly to look at him more fully.

"Bring back...some memories Luke?"

B.L. nods with a smile and a look of determination in her eyes and she immediately starts rummaging through the cabinets and the fridge looking for something that Bo could swallow easily.

"I'll go to the store and buy somethin if they ain't nothin here.....eatin will get his strength back quicker and he's gonna need lots of fluids before he dehydrates and has ta go back to the hospital for IV fluids."

Luke rubs his thumb in circles on the back of Bo's hand it'd been a long time since they spent a late morning in bed talking about old memories. Smiling as one particular memory comes to mind Luke begins to recount the adventure.

Daisy nodded and smiled her thanks over to B.L, realising now that B.L hadn't actually been to her house since Bo had been in the hospital.

"I think there might be somethin' in the cupboard over there..."

Bo smiled gently as Luke recounted the memory, laughing slightly and nodding at certain points. When Luke had finished, Bo sighed softly and shifted his hand into Luke's opposite one, clasping it firmly as though they were about to arm wrestle....

"Remember this one Luke?.....The night we...became blood brothers...."

B.L. looks in the indicated cuboard pulling out a box of Jell-O before getting a pan of water and heating it on the stove to prepare the wiggly glob dessert.

"Bingo.....maybe not the most appetizing thing but it beats nothing or trying to eat things that hurt his throat."

Luke nods smiling at the memory,laughing

"Yeah I sure do,Daisy screamed bloody murder when she saw all that blood on the towel we used to stop the bleeding she thought one of us had cut off an arm or finger......We've sure had some interesting adventures and misadventures cuz.....remember the first time B.L. got drunk? She was sure she was dying the next morning........"

Daisy looked over and smiled

"Ah don't worry, Bo loves that stuff, and so does Luke...for some strange reason....and it should help keep his blood sugars up as well..."

Bo nodded and laughed slightly.

"Yeah....took us a whole day ta convince her she wasn't..."

He fell silent, not wanting to relay to Luke that that was exactly how he felt at this particular point.

B.L. giggles commenting as she pours the Jell-O in a bowl placing it in the freezer to gel faster.

"Those two would eat anything.......we should run to the store later though and get Bo some of those fruit flavored popsicles the cold will numb his throat some.....it'll get some liquids in him too."

Luke looks at Bo from the corner of his eye as Bo falls silent wondering what is going through his cousin's head now. He decides to let Bo tell him in his own time if he wants to tell it all for now he'll just sit with Bo lending moral support. The look on Bo's face though makes him a little worried so he continues with the memory asking something most likely only Bo can answer since he and B.L. have always gotten into alot of mischief even though most times Daisy and Luke were right in the thick of things with them.

"I know she swore she'd never get drunk again when the headache was gone and she stopped feeling queasy.......has she?"

Daisy nodded, still keeping her attention on the breakfast.

"Yeah that'd be good...."

Bo smiled and nodded.

"Countless number o'time....the first time after she said that she was with me..."

He looked over to Luke, seeing the confused look on his face, knowing it took a heck of a lot to get Bo drunk.

" you 'member when I came in completly out of it that night when Uncle Jesse and Daisy had gone away....ya yelled at me fer worryin' ya by comin' in so late....I said I'd been down at the Boar's Nest...."

Waits for Luke to nod his head before continuing.

"Well...we'd been at one of the still sites....drinkin' shine...."

B.L. washes up the forgotten hot chocolate mugs of the night before and then puts on the coffee.

Luke's eyes open wide almost popping out of their sockets as Bo reveals the truth of that night. Shaking his head Luke closes his eyes a smirk playing on his lips he'd have to tease B.L. about this one later maybe use it next time he wants something.

"Who's idea was THAT?" *emphasizing the last word softly*