Sometimes the Past Catches Up With You

runningwild

Even been held by Enos, Dusty's sobs just wouldn't stop. In away Cassie and Dusty both lost something prescious to them. Cassie lost Luke's baby by taking pills. Dusty lost Cooter's baby because she was raped by Boss Hogg's nephew, Hughie Hogg.

Dusty with tears in her eyes looked up at Enos. "Enos when will this pain go away. All I wanted was to have Cooter's baby, and Hughie took that away from. Why did he want to hust me?" Dusty said between sobs as she cried into Enos's chest. Enos and Dusty shared a connection. Not only were they best friends, but Enos saved her life after Hughie had brutely raped her.

Cue runningwild

Dusty did not know Cassie had been pregnant at one time, and she would never find out.

Cassie choked her tears back as Luke held her close.

Luke spoke softly, "We look like a mess out on the sidewalk... let's go inside." He lead her back into the store.

Enos looked up and smiled at them as he tried to comfort Dusty still. "Ya'll alright?" He asked concerned for them both.

"We're better," Luke answered truthfully.

Looking up, Cassie shook her head. "We're in a limbo.."

Luke had his arm around her and managed to rub her lower back. Silently, he agreed with her; they were caught inbetween hate and love.

"I just wish things had been different," Enos spoke up. "For all of you.."

Suddenly, the door of Cassie's boutique and in walked Cooter Davenport. He cautiously looked around, seeing as he wasn't sure if he was in the right place or not. Pausing, he looked past some customers and saw Luke, Cassie, Enos, and Dusty. There was Dusty. "Howdy ya'll.." He approached him slowly.

Luke turned around, "Hey Cooter.." The sound of his voice was calm and collected. It looked like everyone had been crying except for Enos.

"Who died?" Cooter tried to break the ice.

Dusty stood up with Enos's help and gave her cousin a sad smile. SHe happened to look at the front door of Cassie's shop and see the one man that still stole her breath away. "Coot," Was all Dusty could get out before she went into sobs again.

She looked up at her partner and saw him grin. "Oh Enos! Thank you so man." Dusty said through her tears.

Dusty turned to Cooter and slowly walked towards him. "You came, You really came!" Dusty exclaimed as she ran straight into Cooters arms. She hugged him for all that he was worth. "I can't believe your here. Oh Cooter I missed you so much!" Dusty said as she kissed his lips passionately. And then hugged him again for dear life.

Cue runningwild

Enos shook his head, "Wasn't me; Cassie's the one that wanted to get Cooter out here."

Luke kissed Cassie ontop of her head, "You did a good thing," he whispered.

Cassie nodded. She understood what it was like to do the good deed. "Hey Cooter.. uhh Welcome to Amara Daylen.. I guess the stores open to whatever you guys want.." Her tears had dried.

"You sure?" Enos knew that Cassie was a charitable person, but to open her business up for free gifts?..

"Of course I'm sure," she shrugged, "I ain't got nothing better to do.."

Enos nodded, "Well then Darlin' you're changing for the better.." He smiled and her, giving her a wink.

Dusty turned in Cooters arms and smiled at Cassie. "You are just so sweet Cass." Dusty said with a grin. A grin which quickly faded when a mother and her new baby came into the store. Her tears returned. A sob clutched in her throat and she looked at Cooter sadly. "I'm sorry Coot." Dusty said as she ran to back of the store.

Dusty never got the chance to tell Cooter that he was going to be father and that broke her heart the most. Dusty felt arms around her shoulders.

Cue runningwild

Luke looked at Cooter and Dusty. Finally, they were together, and it seemed like the best thing for both of them. He stared at his cousin and best friend and wondered what exactly what going to happen next.

Enos nodded as he stayed silent, but Cassie decided to break the silent seeing that Cooter wasn't exactly saying anything "I think that's enough drama for one day.. " For a second, she almost lost her temper and didn't know why. Enos caught on to that and darted his eyes in her direction.

"Cass, why don't you take Luke out for something to eat.. or "

Luke was the one to interupt him, "Or why don't you take her.. now's not a great time for me to eat. Seeing as I'm not hungry and all."

Suddenly, it was as if attitudes had changed and Cassie didn't particularly care for the company of anyone at the moment.

"Oh Coot I've missed you so much." Dusty said as she held Cooter. "I missed you to baby." Cooter answered back with a smile. Cooter thought that he would probably never see his Dusty Rose ever again. It was like before Dusty left with Enos to California, she had shut him out.

What Cooter didn't know was that Dusty had being brutly raped by Hughie Hogg and had lost their child because of it. Dusty had thought Cooter was to not ever want to see her again. "Cooter, I have something to tell ya. 2 years ago, just before Enos and myself came out here, I was pregnant with your child." Dusty began. "That's awsome honey." Cooter said as he swung her around with joy.

"Wait a minute Cooter. What you don't know was that Hughie Hogg brutly raped me which caused me to loose our child. I didn't know how to tell you. Can you ever forgive me?" Dusty said with tears in her eyes.

Cue runningwild

Cooter paused as he hugged her, "I'll kill that damn fool." He muttered still comforting Dusty.

Enos looked down and tried to laugh, but it came out sounding nervous and awkward. "Now, Cooter it's okay.. everything's been taken care of you don't need to worry yourself with that Hogg."

Cassie sighed, "Oh lord, this is going great," she muttered.

Luke, on the other hand, followed Enos' lead, "Cooter don't get so worked up.."

• 2 years later...

Cooter returned the kiss and it almost made him forget his anger. But, for Dusty's sake he would drop it. Pulling back slightly, he still had her pulled close to him. "Come on take me sight seeing. I want to see your world." Pulling her by the hand, he motioned a little wave to everybody and headed out the door, but not before yelling, "See ya'll!"

Enos looked over at Luke and Cassie, as both happiness and sadness washed over him. "Are you two okay, now?"

Luke nodded, "We're fine." He looked over at Cassie to acknowledge that his comment was correct.

"Wedding bells, soon?" Enos grinned.

Cassie's eyes got big, "Lord no, Enos. Luke and I's too far gone for that."

Understanding exactly what she meant, Luke nodded. "Maybe we'll get the chance again someday, but it's not now."

"Alright, but you can't say that you two didn't have the shot now." Enos smiled.

Cassie and Luke exchanged glances and smiled softly at one another. Being the first to speak, Cassie took a deep breath, "What do you want to do?"

Luke just stared at her for a moment. His mind raced to find an idea, but for now he would settle for memorizing the new Cassie's face.

"Wow," Luke took in a shallow breath. "For once, I'm not sure what I want to do." Desperately, he wanted his eyes to sink into hers and for once, she could take away any uncertainty that was consuming him.

Cassie bit her lower lip, "Luke, let's just take a walk outside." Taking a step forward towards the door, her head turned back to look at Enos. "We'll be back."

"Take you're time you two," he smiled. "I'll be around."

Luke gave Enos a small wave and followed Cassie outside. "The air's not so fresh here." The breath he'd taken in wasn't as enjoyable as he'd hoped.

Chuckling, Cassie began to walk slowly down the sidewalk. "Not compared to Hazzard it isn't. But, I will say that there's a lot of good things about this city."

Raising his eyebrow, Luke only questioned her with his gesture.

Cassie noticed this and defended her answer, "There's conveniently and strategically placed coffee shops on every corner."

"How did I know you would say that?" He shook his head and grinned.

To them everything was silent, even though the busy street played on around them. Unfortunately, their silence was broken by a voice shouting Luke's name.

"Luke!"

[cue anyone, please. lol]

• 9 months later...
"Wow," Luke took in a shallow breath. "For once, I'm not sure what I want to do." Desperately, he wanted his eyes to sink into hers and for once, she could take away any uncertainty that was consuming him.

Cassie bit her lower lip, "Luke, let's just take a walk outside." Taking a step forward towards the door, her head turned back to look at Enos. "We'll be back."

"Take you're time you two," he smiled. "I'll be around."

Luke gave Enos a small wave and followed Cassie outside. "The air's not so fresh here." The breath he'd taken in wasn't as enjoyable as he'd hoped.

Chuckling, Cassie began to walk slowly down the sidewalk. "Not compared to Hazzard it isn't. But, I will say that there's a lot of good things about this city."

Raising his eyebrow, Luke only questioned her with his gesture.

Cassie noticed this and defended her answer, "There's conveniently and strategically placed coffee shops on every corner."

"How did I know you would say that?" He shook his head and grinned.

To them everything was silent, even though the busy street played on around them. Unfortunately, their silence was broken by a voice shouting Luke's name.

"Luke!"

[cue anyone, please. lol]

Julie had shouted that and she had looked and Says "Hughie won't leave me alone right now and please tell him I want intersected him right now as well. Oh jeez, he won't give up right now as well."

Cue Anybody