Dukes Movie Merchandise - in Walmart now

Dukes of Hazzard toy marketing this year is alive and well !

The new 1:18 sale RC General Lee ( 27 MHz) features box art with the new Duke faces - along with Jessica's boobs right above the logo. The car itself is a lot of fun, and worth the price. It's not an ERTL product, though - it's made by "Malibu International." And of course it's made in China. Walmart seems to have the market cornered on this baby. If anyone else carries it, I haven't been able to find it.

Walmart is also carrying JoyRide/ERTL "Hot Pursuit" 3-car sets. ERTL has produced these faithfully for years. The packaging is updated - No rebel flag on the blister pack. But on the back of the package, there is a cast photo of the original Dukes, along with good ol' bad Boss and Rosco. I was happy to see that.

I know that ERTL also produced die-cast 1:18 scale General Lee's this year. I saw, but didn't buy, one of these earlier this year, and now I'm kickin' myself because I can't find it again. It was a "dirty" General, showing dirt around the back wheels and quarter panels. Looked cool.

Meanwhile, at least I've got some new toys. :D

Brian

• 1 month later...

The 1:18 RC General is already showing up on ebay for double the Walmart price. But I honestly don't know of a Walmart that has any in stock, anymore. It seems Walmart had an exclusive on these.

There were a couple of online retailers offering them ( check our merchandise page for a company we know of ) But I couldn't tell you if it's stock there, either.

The 1:10 RC is also getting dang tough to find, and I also saw that on ebay for $147.00 recently. Wasn't sold yet, but that's what somebody was trying to get. Yikes.

Brian

• 3 months later...