Travis bell speaks again!

back

"Hazzard Historian?"

"WE built 26 "

"WE destroyed 321"

I have always been impressed by what he has collected , both the cars and merchandise. I guess he is getting the "15 minutes" of fame becasue of all the hoopla surrounding the movie...

What about Jon Holland? That guy is just as impressive with his stuff and he looks like Bo Duke too..

I'm gone

Darrell

• 4 weeks later...

I've met Travis before when he did a 'Return to Hazzard' in Cali and he was a really nice guy. He got me and the group I was with into places that we would have never gotten into by ourselves. Hell, at Warner Bros we saw 3 General Lee's (2 from the show and 1 from the second reunion). Travis and my brother Jim communicate a lot still.

By the way, his statement "we built 26 for the movie" isn't to far off the mark. He worked extensively with Cinema Vehicle Services who provided the cars for the movie while they were building the cars before and during production. In fact, I vividly remember him calling Jim and I because he had the task of going out and sourcing the Vector rims all the Lee's had (which are not easy to find).

Besides, how many regular fans get mentioned by John during the 'One Arm Bandits' commentary other than Travis?

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

And how many times did Rich Sephton get mentioned in articles about the original show General's? Hell, I don't think that guy was even mentioned in the credits for the show, but we know he worked on it and built the wheel stander General. Just because something isn't mentioned doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Matt

Mopar Collector's Guide magazine did an extensive 3 part article on the making of Duke's movie and the making of the General Lee's....It is funny Travis Bell's name is NOT mentioned once in there.......

If he did help out that is great. Then maybe he should have gotten a credit about it.

Darrell