Dukes Of Hazzard Review Thread

I went with my nephew today. He's ten...but the kid's a horror film freak, so he's used to that kind of stuff.

That being said, Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott were both a hoot as Luke and Bo. For all the hype Jessica Simpson got, the only thing she was used for was wearing a bikini and hitting on cops for info. Very impressive, Jess. :roll:

Dave Koechner was a perfect fit as Cooter, albeit not as crazy. MC Gainey did not do Rosco P. Coltrane proud; he could've added at least a sliver of humor to the character instead of being Psycho Lawman.

Sheev was just plain weird. Enos was still the lovable dipstick (and I'll voice agreement with Jamanda with the ending. Yeehaw!).

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg is still a tad unbelievable on paper, but he played the part well. His plan to strip-mine Hazzard and deny the folks a chance to object during a hearing (because they'll all be at the Hazzard Derby) is classic Hogg, although it lacks other baddies to do that infamous double cross. The crawfish part was interesting, though it would've been wicked funny to see Rosco grab the live one.

Finally, Willie Nelson. Wow. A bit too colorful, but he had the one-liners going for him (which the audience loved, especially the donkey/onion joke).

Of course, I can't forget the General. As beautiful on the big screen as he is on the small, the stunts were unbelievable. I can imagine the lion's share of the budget was solely on cop cars getting destroyed in insane fashion.

A few drawbacks I have was with the excessive language used througout the film (especially from Jesse), and the fact that the Confederate flag got ripped on. Yes, it's a controversial part of American history, but apologizing for it isn't going to solve it. (personally, as a Cheesehead Yankee I have no problem with the flag)

Overall, the film did not disappoint me, although it'll never hold a flaming arrow to the television classic.

i loved it too and agree with you too. YEEHAW!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with my nephew today. He's ten...but the kid's a horror film freak, so he's used to that kind of stuff.

That being said, Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott were both a hoot as Luke and Bo. For all the hype Jessica Simpson got, the only thing she was used for was wearing a bikini and hitting on cops for info. Very impressive, Jess. :roll:

Dave Koechner was a perfect fit as Cooter, albeit not as crazy. MC Gainey did not do Rosco P. Coltrane proud; he could've added at least a sliver of humor to the character instead of being Psycho Lawman.

Sheev was just plain weird. Enos was still the lovable dipstick (and I'll voice agreement with Jamanda with the ending. Yeehaw!).

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg is still a tad unbelievable on paper, but he played the part well. His plan to strip-mine Hazzard and deny the folks a chance to object during a hearing (because they'll all be at the Hazzard Derby) is classic Hogg, although it lacks other baddies to do that infamous double cross. The crawfish part was interesting, though it would've been wicked funny to see Rosco grab the live one.

Finally, Willie Nelson. Wow. A bit too colorful, but he had the one-liners going for him (which the audience loved, especially the donkey/onion joke).

Of course, I can't forget the General. As beautiful on the big screen as he is on the small, the stunts were unbelievable. I can imagine the lion's share of the budget was solely on cop cars getting destroyed in insane fashion.

A few drawbacks I have was with the excessive language used througout the film (especially from Jesse), and the fact that the Confederate flag got ripped on. Yes, it's a controversial part of American history, but apologizing for it isn't going to solve it. (personally, as a Cheesehead Yankee I have no problem with the flag)

Overall, the film did not disappoint me, although it'll never hold a flaming arrow to the television classic.

i loved it too and agree with you too. YEEHAW!