The Dukes jump the shark?

Craig M.D.

I was just on the CMT website looking up episodes of the series and the last few sounded pretty weird to me. One is about Roscoe being replaced by a robot and another is about Bo and Luke meeting an alien from outerspace. The Dukes and sci-fi don't really mix, so what's up with these episodes? Is there more to this than meets the eye or were these shows really as bad as they sound?

I was just on the CMT website looking up episodes of the series and the last few sounded pretty weird to me. One is about Roscoe being replaced by a robot and another is about Bo and Luke meeting an alien from outerspace. The Dukes and sci-fi don't really mix, so what's up with these episodes? Is there more to this than meets the eye or were these shows really as bad as they sound?

I can't decide on an episode, but the Dukes probably jumped the shark in the 7th season. I'd rather watch a Coy and Vance episode than Strange Visitor to Hazzard. That particular episode is incredibly painful to watch. There's probably a good reason they cancelled the Dukes when they did. The script quality in the last season was incredibly poor, one of the major exceptions being the last episode, "Opening Night at the Boar's Nest", written by John Schneider. IMHO, there are some questionable episodes in earlier seasons, but overall I'd have to say the sharks infested Hazzard Lake in season 7.

-Mufn

I can't decide on an episode, but the Dukes probably jumped the shark in the 7th season. I'd rather watch a Coy and Vance episode than Strange Visitor to Hazzard. That particular episode is incredibly painful to watch. There's probably a good reason they cancelled the Dukes when they did. The script quality in the last season was incredibly poor, one of the major exceptions being the last episode, "Opening Night at the Boar's Nest", written by John Schneider. IMHO, there are some questionable episodes in earlier seasons, but overall I'd have to say the sharks infested Hazzard Lake in season 7.

-Mufn

We agree. We were looking at the episode list on tv.com and all the good ones are pre-season 7. The only season 7 ep we really like is (naturally) Enos and Daisy's Wedding (and even that one could use a better ending), which probably should have been the last one. If it was, maybe they would've tied the knot instead of making lame excuses (hives my foot!)

Jam: Oh Amanda will you give it a rest!

Amanda: I'm still bitter

We agree. We were looking at the episode list on tv.com and all the good ones are pre-season 7. The only season 7 ep we really like is (naturally) Enos and Daisy's Wedding (and even that one could use a better ending), which probably should have been the last one. If it was, maybe they would've tied the knot instead of making lame excuses (hives my foot!)

Jam: Oh Amanda will you give it a rest!

Amanda: I'm still bitter

I think there's a few good ones in the seventh season.

Happy Birthday General Lee

Welcome, Waylon Jennings

Enos and Daisy's Wedding

Opening Night at the Boars Nest

Especially cause how the last one ended with everyone around each other all friendly-like and not adversarial at all. I thought that was a nice touch.

I think there's a few good ones in the seventh season.

Happy Birthday General Lee

Welcome, Waylon Jennings

Enos and Daisy's Wedding

Opening Night at the Boars Nest

Especially cause how the last one ended with everyone around each other all friendly-like and not adversarial at all. I thought that was a nice touch.

You aint the only one who is bitter about the Episode with Enos and Daisy's wedding. :evil:

As with most I think there are some good episodes in the last season, but there are a lot of iffy ones too. The alines one was just bad and even as a kid I thought it was bad.

You aint the only one who is bitter about the Episode with Enos and Daisy's wedding. :evil:

As with most I think there are some good episodes in the last season, but there are a lot of iffy ones too. The alines one was just bad and even as a kid I thought it was bad.