Everything posted by StonewallBrigade
-
Another confederate flag comment
What all of us Dukes fans should do is, if you see a toy or any Dukes merchandise that omits the word "Dixie" or the Confederate Flag, it should NOT BE PURCHASED! Send them a message that the Flag or the Dukes of Hazzard will not be tampered with, and that if they continue with this B.S., then they will have low sales. BUYING THESE PRODUCTS ONLY ENCOURAGES THIS KIND OF P.C. NONSENSE.
-
The Poster is official
They show the General at that angle to avoid showing the Confederate Flag on the top of the roof. It's that simple.
-
General Lee World Record
Was it a distance record? If so, how many feet? Anybody know?
-
'The Dukes of Hazzard' Theatrical Trailer
I noticed they avoided showing the Confederate Flag on the top of the General(I havent seen the trailer, but I just saw the TV commercial).
-
The Lincoln-Kennedy Connection
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/linken.html
-
What type of music you like
Same here I can not stand that type of music Rap isn't music.
-
The Lincoln-Kennedy Connection
The Lincoln-Kennedy Connection
-
Narator should be
Thats what I was talking about. Why would you have Uncle Jessy and the Balladeer be the same person. Not a good idea IMO.
-
Narator should be
Willie Nelson? How can he be the Balladeer and Uncle Jessy too?
-
boycott
Does that include Jessica Simpson?
-
Hate the cast? Try the movie free before you pay to see it
The only reason I'm considering going to go see the movie, is because of the free ticket in the next DVD that I was planning to buy anyway.
-
They did ot to Starsky and Hutch...and now the Dukes.
I'm actually looking forward to the next seasons coming out on DVD more than I'm looking forward to the movie being released.
-
Cooter gives two thumbs down!!!
indeed.
-
Why did they write Daisy's car out of the show?
I was thinking it was because Daisy's Dixie Jeep was more fitting to her character than the yellow Roadrunner.
-
Jessica Simpson Interview
Jessica Simpsons was on Leno last night(Friday3/25), and she talked briefly about the movie. She did say the movie studio had high expectations for the upcoming movie, and were most likely planning on a sequel. Other than that she was her normal ditzy-self.
-
Have you ever met someone who is famous?
Last summer I met Jeffrey Shaara at a book signing here in Gettysburg. He is most well known for writing the book 'Gods and Generals' which was made into the movie that hit theaters a couple years ago. His father, Michael Shaara wrote the Pulitzer-Prize winning Novel 'The Killer Angels' which was made into the major motion picture 'Gettysburg'.
-
Inside covers of Season 1+2 DVD's
A couple things Ive noticed in the inside covers of the 2 season DVDs: Season 1 DVD, in the pic with the crash between the General, the COP car, and the black car, the door of the General Lee is slightly ajar(supposed to be welded shut). Season 2 DVD, in the pic with the patrol car, the General and everyone posing,on the front license plate of the patrol car, the confederate flag is airbrushed out. (that kinda pi--ed me off)
-
20 Years Ago Today....
According to the Saeson 1 DVD, the first episode aired on 1/26/79. However, for anyone who has seen 'Anger Managment' with Adam Sandler, in the first scene, set in 1978, it innaccurately depicts the young version of Adam's character wearing a Dukes of Hazzard T-shirt, when in reality, the show did not first air until the following year.
-
Yankee or Dixie?
As you may know, the flag that is displayed on the roof of the General Lee is the Confederate Battle Flag. The flag that flew over Richmond when the war broke out is known as The First National Confederate Flag, also known as 'The Stars and Bars'. Because the National Flag so much resembled the Unions' 'Stars and Stripes'(intentionally), they were easily confused for each other on a smokey battle field, which can result in friendly-fire. In 1863 the now famous Confederate Battle Flag was introduced and distributed to the CS Armies in the Eastern and Western Theaters. My avatar is known as the Third National Flag...The First National Flag(Stars and Bars) was eventually changed to the Second National Flag which was basically the Third National Flag without the Red stripe on the end...The Red stripe was added in the latter stages of the war, so that it would not be mistaken for a surrender flag when not flapping in the wind.
-
Duke's Cast
Jack Black or Kid Rock would have made good Cooters.
-
Hi I'm new!!!!
Hey Susan, welcome to HazzardNet! I am 25 years old and also grew up with the dukes. Good to see someone else on here my age. Hope ya stick around. -AJ
-
DOH VIDEO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you try ordering it off the internet? cant it be shipped overseas to you?
-
Who Should Have Played Daisy Duke Besides Bimbo Simpson???
The moral of the story is, she got the role because she has an audience that will watch the movie to see her that wouldnt go see it otherwise. She'll bring people to the theaters...she didnt get the role because of her acting skills.
-
SPEED ZONE
Speed Zone was a comedy about a Cannon-Ball cross country race from NY to California. I recommend it to any Dukes fan.
-
last show
I thought I heard that Daisy and Enos got married in the second to last episode.