Narrow Push Bar template

GeneralLee_440

Hello guys I’m new and introduced myself a couple of years ago and just got my password reset. 

Anywho, I’m in search of a narrow push bar template so I can make one for my Georgia based Lee I’m building. I seen something about Jon Holland had templates but I can’t seem to find it anywhere on here. I would really appreciate any help in this matter. I have recently recreated the Carroll Shelby Wheels center cap decals for my car and have purchased the tear drop antenna. I’m trying to get the real difficult pieces bought before I finish it. You have to have the cherry on top to call it done. I’d rather not wait once it’s done. Hahaha

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post.

There are unfortunately no official push bar measurement. As you might know, the early pushbars were actually of a truck. Not sure which. But good luck finding one of those. The Valuzets who made the early California cars created new pushbars or very similar ones from the cars they have gotten from Georgia, but they dont let you take measurements.

I think your best bet is to contact @CornDog through his RealGeneralLee Instagram account. I believe he has one with original measurements.

A couple of forums have a very rough sketch of the wide push bar with measurements, but I can't see any plans for the narrow one. Having said that, the Smith Bros. site still appears to offer a narrow push bar for $299, which includes shipping to the lower 48.

I'm sure you've probably searched the internet, but I found an interesting discussion about the pros and cons of each type of push bar, and advice on fixing methods, at www.dodgecharger.com. It looks like the steel push bars weigh somewhere between 30 and 45 lbs, and several people expressed an interest in getting push bars made of aluminum if they could get plans. The dodgecharger link above also discusses the best way to paint them.

I never joined CGLFC, but did browse it many times. If there's any information you need from that site, you may be still be able to access it through the Wayback Machine.

1 hour ago, Roth Potter said:

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post.

There are unfortunately no official push bar measurement. As you might know, the early pushbars were actually of a truck. Not sure which. But good luck finding one of those. The Valuzets who made the early California cars created new pushbars or very similar ones from the cars they have gotten from Georgia, but they dont let you take measurements.

I think your best bet is to contact @CornDog through his RealGeneralLee Instagram account. I believe he has one with original measurements.

Thanks so much Roth, I have been talking to Corndog05/realgenerallee on Instagram and his original puahbar is on loan to Rob Kibbe’s Lee of The Kibbe and Finnegan Show and cant get measurements at the moment. Yea I knew it was off an old truck and they modified it to fit the Charger. 

53 minutes ago, HossC said:

A couple of forums have a very rough sketch of the wide push bar with measurements, but I can't see any plans for the narrow one. Having said that, the Smith Bros. site still appears to offer a narrow push bar for $299, which includes shipping to the lower 48.

I'm sure you've probably searched the internet, but I found an interesting discussion about the pros and cons of each type of push bar, and advice on fixing methods, at www.dodgecharger.com. It looks like the steel push bars weigh somewhere between 30 and 45 lbs, and several people expressed an interest in getting push bars made of aluminum if they could get plans. The dodgecharger link above also discusses the best way to paint them.

I never joined CGLFC, but did browse it many times. If there's any information you need from that site, you may be still be able to access it through the Wayback Machine.

Thanks so much HossC, I may have to just wind up buying one from Smith Bros. I figured it being pretty simple to make I could find some plans but no such luck. I’m also a member at dodgecharger.com and yea it is a little heavy for hanging off the front bumper. 

@rnkibbe still has that pushbar? Didn't know that. Heard them talk about a light weight version on the show some time ago.

Smith Bros. makes sense, they make stuff like the jump Lee's seen at Cooter's last stand and John's event.

I know this is not what this topic is about but the wide push bar pretty much has at least the width easy to know as it's welded to the outside of the frame, I've laid under a car in a museum to verify this. :lol:

• 4 years later...