20 Years Ago Today....

Mrs. Luke Duke

I like that episodes...one of my favorite episodes. I enjoyed the plot line and the emotions. It really showed how Boss felt about Rosco...I think. (that is if I am remembering right - it has been awhile since I last saw it) I loved the part where Bo and Luke ran into the bad guys' vehicle and the guy's side kick jumps out to confront him and Bo say something like "it takes a big man to have someone else stand up for him" (something like that - sarcastically) and the leader of the two brothers stand up to stand way taller than any of the two Duke boys! LOL. Talk about putting your foot in it...lol.

Garrett Duke

Yes it is sad to think that was the last episode of the Dukes...but I spose it had to have ended sooner or later. Good thing is, is that it ended on a high note by having "Opening Night at the Boar's Nest" be the last episode. (Well at least I think :wink: ) Very touching episode that was wrote by none other than John Schneider! :D

-Garrett Duke-

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Would anyone be so kind as to give a summary of that last episode?

What was the reunion between Boss Hogg and Roscoe all about? (someone mentioned the emotion between them) what was that all about?

also why was it called opening night at the boar's nest? was it re-opened or something?

thanks,

Oh yikes, BradB, I can't remember *all* the details anymore right now - I recorded it (and many others) from TNN but that tape's at home, states away! But generally, there's two plots intertwined - one is about a talent show / party / etc night at the Boar's Nest in which Rosco is very excited about performing as a magician (the Dukes sing too; nice), and the other plot is some bad guys come to Hazzard to get revenge on Boss for something or other. During the show, Rosco uses Boss as a volunteer to go into his disappearing box, and Boss escapes the party by using a hidden trapdoor Rosco didn't know about. When he doesn't reappear, Rosco's really upset cause he thinks *he* made Boss disappear forever, and spends most of the rest of the episode trying to figure out how to get his buddy back. Meanwhile the bad guys have got Boss, and the Dukes, Cooter, and Enos have to figure out what happened to him before he gets murdered.

It's a little bit dramatic, a little bit funny - more of the humor is with Bo and others rather than Rosco this time around though - and very touching. Good family moments, and the Rosco-and-Boss friendship too. One of the best episodes IMO.

Seven seasons, from fall 1978 to spring 1985, I believe.

According to the Saeson 1 DVD, the first episode aired on 1/26/79.

However, for anyone who has seen 'Anger Managment' with Adam Sandler, in the first scene, set in 1978, it innaccurately depicts the young version of Adam's character wearing a Dukes of Hazzard T-shirt, when in reality, the show did not first air until the following year.

• 11 months later...