General Lee Ghost

It's not too often that I get surprised with a Dukes of Hazzard product that I didn't know about.

Thankfully I have a wife who does all the shopping because I really don't like to shop for anything.

In fact, It has been many years since I've stepped in the local drug store in my hometown but today I did. They still carry a pretty decent selection of model cars even though I doubt kids buy them as much as I did when I was a kid. After scanning the selection I noticed two General Lees. Of course they put a big smile on my face. I tried to not let it bother me that they were the politically correct ones without the flag on the roof.

Then my eyes really lit up. Maybe this has existed for awhile but I'd never heard of it. It was the "Ghost of the General Lee" model and it glows in the dark. Wow! I couldn't believe it. Has anybody here ever heard of it?

Then my eyes really lit up. Maybe this has existed for awhile but I'd never heard of it. It was the "Ghost of the General Lee" model and it glows in the dark. Wow! I couldn't believe it. Has anybody here ever heard of it?

If it's the one below then it came out at the end of 2010:

GhostModel.jpg

You can see more about it on the Round 2/MPC website:

Ghost of General Lee 1/25 Model

They also do a standard General kit in a Collector's Tin that comes with a poster:

General Lee Collector's Tin

... and a large version (without tin):

1/16 Scale General Lee

You can also get Daisy's Road Runner and Rosco's Dodge Monaco in 1/25 scale.

I haven't seen any model kits in at least a couple years, and they used to be all over the place where I live. Tho' there's a major hobby store about 20 miles away, I'll have to check it and see what I can find.

I'm especially curious about this GL model with no rebel flag. I'm wondering if the flag decal is actually in the box, and just not shown on the outside photo in order to appease anti-flag zealots or what.

Personally, I think Dukes fans are more likely to be offended by the missing flag, than non-Dukes fans would be about the flag being present...I mean, who's buying the models here?

Mini-rant over. I need to get one of those Ghost of GL kits! That looks like it still has the flag, too. Maybe I'll find one in my Easter basket this year.

From the picture on the box, I think I can barely see the bars of the Confederate flag. I see the General Lee on top of the door.

Personally I think they photographed it so the flag wasn't shown or just very, very faintly indicated. Probably for "politically correct" purposes. Why would the flag not be included in the model since it is such an integral part of the General Lee? It SHOULD be in there.

I'm gone

Darrell

From the picture on the box, I think I can barely see the bars of the Confederate flag. I see the General Lee on top of the door.

Personally I think they photographed it so the flag wasn't shown or just very, very faintly indicated. Probably for "politically correct" purposes. Why would the flag not be included in the model since it is such an integral part of the General Lee? It SHOULD be in there.

I hadn't noticed the flag. After a bit internet searching I found that the 1/16 model seems to have two different box designs. I'm guessing that the one on the left is the original and the one on the right is the more politically correct current version. They even used a different shot of Bo and Luke to avaoid showing the flag:

GLModel1.jpg

As Capt. suspected, it looks like the model has just been photographed so that the flag isn't shown. As you can see from this 1/25 model, the flag is definitely part of the decals:

GLModel2.jpg