Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

Guest DanielPHorse
*finds it curious that this stranger is interested in bailing out Chet* Well, technically Chet should be held without bail, considerin' his crime. But to be fair, I've set the bail at *thinks of a number* a hundred thousand dollars.

*Daniel's eyes widen* Great Spirit, I do not have that much on me! *Thinks of something he might trade or sell* Perhaps some kind of deal can be made?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Daniel's eyes widen* Great Spirit, I do not have that much on me! *Thinks of something he might trade or sell* Perhaps some kind of deal can be made?

*studies the young man for a moment* Well, before we discuss the finer details of a barter... tell me, why do you wish to bail Chet Duke out of jail?

Guest DanielPHorse
*studies the young man for a moment* Well, before we discuss the finer details of a barter... tell me, why do you wish to bail Chet Duke out of jail?

Wth great respect, sheriff, I cannot say my reason. It is a personal one, but I can assure you that I will be able to keep Chet from harming anyone or himself if you release him into my care.

Wth great respect, sheriff, I cannot say my reason. It is a personal one, but I can assure you that I will be able to keep Chet from harming anyone or himself if you release him into my care.

*chuckles coming up with at least one dark interpretation of what kind of future Chet would have upon being released into the stranger's care* Yeah, I imagine you could. But Chet's doing okay in my care. In fact, at this very moment, he can't harm anyone or himself either and I'd like to keep it that way. See, I have this controlling issue when it comes to stuff like this.

However, I did set a bail and it's a hundred thousand dollars. *meets the stranger's gaze and apparently any offer of barter or trade is now null and void* Cash on the barrell head...

Guest DanielPHorse
*chuckles coming up with at least one dark interpretation of what kind of future Chet would have upon being released into the stranger's care* Yeah, I imagine you could. But Chet's doing okay in my care. In fact, at this very moment, he can't harm anyone or himself either and I'd like to keep it that way. See, I have this controlling issue when it comes to stuff like this.

However, I did set a bail and it's a hundred thousand dollars. *meets the stranger's gaze and apparently any offer of barter or trade is now null and void* Cash on the barrell head...

*Daniel frowns and looks around for the barrel, but there is none to be seen. And even if there was this barrel the woman spoke of, he didn't have enough money to lay on it*

Aee, I think I understand. *Gives her a respectful nod* I will try and raise the money somehow, then, according to your laws and wishes. I wish you a good path, Sheriff. *He turns and goes out to Swift, running a hand reflectively down his long mane, frowning, unhappy that he'd failed in his errand. Finally, he mounts up and turns his pony back toward the other side of town, back toward the cabin*

*glances at Garrett, from corner of eye, then presses the talk button again* Sort of. It's halfassed and risky. Daniel went to the jail to try and bail Chet out, but I dunno if MaryAnne is gonna go for it. If Chet's loose, it means Plan B, and if he's not, it means Plan C. Howevah it falls, this thang wll be over with one way or the other, soon enuff.

*Silently listens into conversation, wondering what the plan may be with worry of where I may fit into his plans while worrying about Daney despite Luke's response to Brian's inquiry over their 'guest'.*

(Don't know how much I'll be able to be on tonight (if at all) or this weekend due to being busy, but will try my best to keep up or check in as much as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

*Silently listens into conversation, wondering what the plan may be with worry of where I may fit into his plans while worrying about Daney despite Luke's response to Brian's inquiry over their 'guest'.*

(Don't know how much I'll be able to be on tonight (if at all) or this weekend due to being busy, but will try my best to keep up or check in as much as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

*finishes up the CB conversation with Lukas, promsing to check in with him later. Hangs up the CB* There, see? Daney's safely out of harm's way. So long as you and her both behave, ya'll are gonna be fine.

*drives Diablo towards town, cautiously guiding the big Chevy around the town square a few minutes later. Parks Diablo a little ways down from the courhouse, not wanting to be directly in front of it* Ya know, Ive asked you what you mean to Chet. I suppose ah should also ask, what Chet means to you.

Guest DanielPHorse

*Some time later, Daniel returns to the cabin in the woods. He sees that Diablo is gone and he frowns a little, curious at that. He dismounts from Swift and knocks before he steps inside* Al-ex? Brian? I have return--*he stops short as he sees Alex laying on his side, tied to a battered chair. He rushes over to him* Great Spirit! Al-ex, are you all right? *He draws his knife and cuts the ropes that bind him*

*Some time later, Daniel returns to the cabin in the woods. He sees that Diablo is gone and he frowns a little, curious at that. He dismounts from Swift and knocks before he steps inside* Al-ex? Brian? I have return--*he stops short as he sees Alex laying on his side, tied to a battered chair. He rushes over to him* Great Spirit! Al-ex, are you all right? *He draws his knife and cuts the ropes that bind him*

*having stayed on his side all night, slept not really happening too much except for light dozes, hears the sound of a horse and tries to look behind, hears the voice of Daniel and sighs audibly in relief* Daniel! *sighs again as the ropes are cut and slowly moves to sit on the floor, rubbing wrists* Im all right Daniel, thank you so much for cutting me loose...*moves arms and legs, having been tied so long arms are a little stiff and sore*

Guest DanielPHorse
*having stayed on his side all night, slept not really happening too much except for light dozes, hears the sound of a horse and tries to look behind, hears the voice of Daniel and sighs audibly in relief* Daniel! *sighs again as the ropes are cut and slowly moves to sit on the floor, rubbing wrists* Im all right Daniel, thank you so much for cutting me loose...*moves arms and legs, having been tied so long arms are a little stiff and sore*

*Daniel rubs his friend's arms and hands, trying to help restore circulation* What happened, Al-ex? Who tied you? Where are Brian and Garr-it?

*Daniel rubs his friend's arms and hands, trying to help restore circulation* What happened, Al-ex? Who tied you? Where are Brian and Garr-it?

Garrett tied me up at Brian's order... *looks at the young Cheyenne* Brian thinks Im turning against him or something when i sent you to bring Chet here...*looks around suddenly realizing hes alone* MaryAnne didnt let him go, did she?

Guest DanielPHorse
Garrett tied me up at Brian's order... *looks at the young Cheyenne* Brian thinks Im turning against him or something when i sent you to bring Chet here...*looks around suddenly realizing hes alone* MaryAnne didnt let him go, did she?

*Shakes his head* Hovahane, no . . . she wanted one hundred thousand dollars and for me to put it on a barrel. I neither had the money nor could find the barrel, buck. Forgive me, I failed. *Looks dismayed* You would not turn against Brian! He must not be thinking right. Come . . . can you stand? We must find him!

*Shakes his head* Hovahane, no . . . she wanted one hundred thousand dollars and for me to put it on a barrel. I neither had the money nor could find the barrel, buck. Forgive me, I failed. *Looks dismayed* You would not turn against Brian! He must not be thinking right. Come . . . can you stand? We must find him!

*eyes widen* A hundred grand??? *Scoffs* like Chet is even worth that much? *looks at Daniel and nods* Yeah I can stand, Brian took Garrett, I guess theyre going to go meet up with Chet or something..*still watching Daniel* But if MaryAnne didnt let Chet go, then Brian and Garrett are going to go to town... youre right we need to go, Brian is in no shape to face Chet.

Guest DanielPHorse
*eyes widen* A hundred grand??? *Scoffs* like Chet is even worth that much? *looks at Daniel and nods* Yeah I can stand, Brian took Garrett, I guess theyre going to go meet up with Chet or something..*still watching Daniel* But if MaryAnne didnt let Chet go, then Brian and Garrett are going to go to town... youre right we need to go, Brian is in no shape to face Chet.

I do not think the sheriff is going to let that happen, but even if not, we cannot let Brian be there alone, no matter what he may think of our reasons for helping. Come, I will ride you double on my pony.

I do not think the sheriff is going to let that happen, but even if not, we cannot let Brian be there alone, no matter what he may think of our reasons for helping. Come, I will ride you double on my pony.

*gives a nod* I dont care if hes mad at me, I cant let Chet hurt him or worse...*nods again at the riding double* Lets go... *follows Daniel outside*

*finishes up the CB conversation with Lukas, promsing to check in with him later. Hangs up the CB* There, see? Daney's safely out of harm's way. So long as you and her both behave, ya'll are gonna be fine.

*drives Diablo towards town, cautiously guiding the big Chevy around the town square a few minutes later. Parks Diablo a little ways down from the courhouse, not wanting to be directly in front of it* Ya know, Ive asked you what you mean to Chet. I suppose ah should also ask, what Chet means to you.

*Glares over at Brian* I'm behavin', ain't I? *Inhales deeply to control emotions to take attention away from Brian and out through the window.* As for your question *goes silent for a moment, thinking of Brian's question.*why should I answer that? Just so you can use it against me or him? *Shakes head* Look, I'm sure Chet messed up with what he done to you and I can understand why you would be upset at him for what he done, but I ain't too happy about the situation either. Not that that matters any right now. *Looks back at Brian* Let me ask you something. If all this is over some title, wouldn't it be easier to go ask MaryAnne for it just as Chet had done while you were in jail? Let him rot in jail for what he had done, take the dang title. No one has to get any more hurt than what they already are. Guess MaryAnne may not be too happy to see out like this, but I'm sure she'd rather it be that way than to see y'all fight it out. . .*Looks back out window* Just a thought.

*Glares over at Brian* I'm behavin', ain't I? *Inhales deeply to control emotions to take attention away from Brian and out through the window.* As for your question *goes silent for a moment, thinking of Brian's question.*why should I answer that? Just so you can use it against me or him? *Shakes head* Look, I'm sure Chet messed up with what he done to you and I can understand why you would be upset at him for what he done, but I ain't too happy about the situation either. Not that that matters any right now. *Looks back at Brian* Let me ask you something. If all this is over some title, wouldn't it be easier to go ask MaryAnne for it just as Chet had done while you were in jail? Let him rot in jail for what he had done, take the dang title. No one has to get any more hurt than what they already are. Guess MaryAnne may not be too happy to see out like this, but I'm sure she'd rather it be that way than to see y'all fight it out. . .*Looks back out window* Just a thought.

*listens to the triade, letting Garrett spend the wind* You know what I like about you? You got a knack for speechifyin'. You coulda been a clergyman, the way you give sermons.

*chuckles softly at own joke, but sobers up just as quickly* Anyhow, you answered mah question, by not answerin' it. As far as answerin' your questions....let's just say there's good reason for handlin' thangs the way I am. You'll see.

*listens to the triade, letting Garrett spend the wind* You know what I like about you? You got a knack for speechifyin'. You coulda been a clergyman, the way you give sermons.

*chuckles softly at own joke, but sobers up just as quickly* Anyhow, you answered mah question, by not answerin' it. As far as answerin' your questions....let's just say there's good reason for handlin' thangs the way I am. You'll see.

Glad to know why you supposedly like me so much * Sarcastic voice as eyes the court house before looking back at Brian.* I am sure you do have your reasons behind what you are doing. Whatever you are doing. Just thought I'd ask. *Falls back into silence.*

*The bright sunshine hits my closed eye lids, beating through the bars of the ground level window of Hazzard jail. Squints my eyes hard against the bright light, even through my eye lids its brutal. My head pounds like taken a ride on an old bronc whos only interest is stiff legging ya outta the saddle. Groans and brings my hands up to cover my face only to wack myself with the hand cuffs and curse. Curls up putting my head against my arms, my stomach gurgles like the sea in hunger.*

(Thanks a bunch Alex for the time laps.)

Glad to know why you supposedly like me so much * Sarcastic voice as eyes the court house before looking back at Brian.* I am sure you do have your reasons behind what you are doing. Whatever you are doing. Just thought I'd ask. *Falls back into silence.*

Only natural that you'd be curious. Well... I ain't gonna keep you in suspense for too long. Sit tight for a few minutes, eh? If all goes well, ah'll be back out soon.

*with this, gets out of Diablo, taking the car keys along...not too worried about Garrett stealing the car, but not wanting to tempt him too strongly. Holds arm close against the left side of ribcage, walking to the courthouse as quickly as the injuries allow. The tight bandaging around the ribcage keeps things in place, but the pain is relentless, and deep breaths are difficult.*

*and yet, there's no option but to go forward. Walks up the courthouse stairs and down the hall, and then strolls into the booking room, innocent as pie, as if the most natural place to be right now in the whole world, is right here.*

Only natural that you'd be curious. Well... I ain't gonna keep you in suspense for too long. Sit tight for a few minutes, eh? If all goes well, ah'll be back out soon.

*with this, gets out of Diablo, taking the car keys along...not too worried about Garrett stealing the car, but not wanting to tempt him too strongly. Holds arm close against the left side of ribcage, walking to the courthouse as quickly as the injuries allow. The tight bandaging around the ribcage keeps things in place, but the pain is relentless, and deep breaths are difficult.*

*and yet, there's no option but to go forward. Walks up the courthouse stairs and down the hall, and then strolls into the booking room, innocent as pie, as if the most natural place to be right now in the whole world, is right here.*

*looks up from the booking desk and upon recognizing cousin a mix of reactions reflect upon face. Relieved, angered, annoyed, concerned...*

*Settles for indifferent* Oh lemme guess *says, holding a hand up before kin can speak* You've come to turn yourself in??

*looks up from the booking desk and upon recognizing cousin a mix of reactions reflect upon face. Relieved, angered, annoyed, concerned...*

*Settles for indifferent* Oh lemme guess *says, holding a hand up before kin can speak* You've come to turn yourself in??

No need to insult me. *mild snort* No, ah came heah for a couple reasons. One, to make sure you were awright, after baggin' Chet. Two, to make sure some fool wasn't heah tryin' to bail him out.

No need to insult me. *mild snort* No, ah came heah for a couple reasons. One, to make sure you were awright, after baggin' Chet. Two, to make sure some fool wasn't heah tryin' to bail him out.

I'm fine, thank ya, as you can see. And there was someone here trying to bail Chet out. I told 'em the price, unfortunately he didn't have enough money on him.

I'm fine, thank ya, as you can see. And there was someone here trying to bail Chet out. I told 'em the price, unfortunately he didn't have enough money on him.

Good. Last thang ah need, is that goon on the street. Ah'm in no shape to deal with 'em. *takes the short steps up to the booking desk, left arm snug against ribs, right hand on the short railing, leaning weight against it. Once up near the booking desk, doesn' get too close to cousin, choosing instead to lean against the bars of the holding cell. Right hand starts to fuss with the handcuff loop that's still secured around the left wrist, a souveiner from the escape from the clinic*

Chet been givin' you any trouble?

Good. Last thang ah need, is that goon on the street. Ah'm in no shape to deal with 'em. *takes the short steps up to the booking desk, left arm snug against ribs, right hand on the short railing, leaning weight against it. Once up near the booking desk, doesn' get too close to cousin, choosing instead to lean against the bars of the holding cell. Right hand starts to fuss with the handcuff loop that's still secured around the left wrist, a souveiner from the escape from the clinic*

Chet been givin' you any trouble?

*ignores the fussing of the handcuff and looks at a report* Nah, not really. A little mouthy, a little stomping around in the cell. *declines to mention the hollaring, the trashed jail cell, the fire, or the use of the tranq dart*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.