Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!

Cowboy

Fine, I see your point of view but to be honest your taking it way to personally.

If you look in the past I haven't actually round robin'd before, what i've been doing is writing stories with people my writing style and ideas on the Dukes and stating that in the beginning that is who I'd like to work with. Before this whole one-liner thing came up, I never understood that that wasn't what a round robin was. In my mind a round robin was a bit like a role play I think more than a story. I'll admit I should have read the rules before I posted on there but I just followed what everyone else seems to have been doing. Following that train of thought, I decided to try and write on the round robin because Daney's excellent start was going to waste and I got some inspiration for it. Its not down to you specifically that I wanted to stop though maybe the way I worded my reason seemed that way. Its just that there are things that I don't like reading let alone writing, and your post made me realize that if I round robin then I'll have to be doing that.

As for this (what I see as ridiculous) thing about new members and old members, sorry but just because a member is a longer standing one on here doesn't mean that they are good at writing at all. Roger Duke doesn't write much, but he does some role play occasionally with me, i've role played with Lori Davenport when she was a newbie. Its got nothing to do with the skill of your writing, its simply compatability with ideas. I wouldn't ask you to write with a pairing you were uncomfortable with so why am I made to feel bad for saying I don't want to write it.

And as for Enos being a lesser character than others I don't believe that for a minute. I think Enos, like all the cast members, are key to making the Dukes the show we love so much. In fact much of the reason I dont like the Daisy/Enos pairing is because its much more fun to have Enos bumbling around her, be torn between doing his duty and helping his friends and generally saying and doing sweet things that make us pine to see them together. If you make them be together though, it takes away a dynamic of the show we love which is why I believe they never married when they were planning to, and why they were never put together really. Unrequited Love is a lot more fun to play with.

Also, about everyone acting like me, in case you hadn't noticed there are a lot of people who just prefer to write together in the round robin section with certain people and the people who know that simply choose not to jump in because its far more entertaining to watch a story where you know the participants are having fun and write well together than to see an awkward one where no one knows what's going on. Me and DaisyMae for example know each other so well we don't have to ask each other what we're doing much, we just do it because we know the characters we play and we know each other and what is good to write.

I haven't closed the rr at all, why are you being so negative about people joining in? Its a little insulting to members to say what you are, that they're all neglecting yours in favour of mine. In case you hadn't noticed, no one's posted on mine besides me and maybe i'll end up writing it myself who knows? The only one stopping the story moving on in the rr is you. As for learning things from older writers, why not read their stories - like the Going Home series Bethie and Dixie write together and see how they write. In my opinion they are two of the greatest writers on this board, along with Cowboy, BL, MaryAnne, Brian and so many others I could list if I had the time. See how they write, and figure why people like it and apply it to your own writing. That's mainly how I learnt along with writing fan fics by myself to practise.

I have been watching this discussion and I see both sides of this, it is everyone’s choice whether they participate in the round robin or not, if they pull out they probably have a good reason. Maybe they find out they don’t have time or don’t like it once they get started so they pull out it doesn’t mean they have issues with another writer in particular. Instead of bickering over it either talk it out or don’t participate in the RR’s because there is always the chance that something will be wrote that someone else doesn’t like.

B.L.

Cowboy you been raiding our Duke Farm chicken coop again?! Uncle Jesse's gonna tan yer hide less you quit it...might have just found the reason they ain't layin! xD

Sorry for the arguing, I just needed to vent really and to be honest I don't appriciate someone accusing me of things just because they've taken something the wrong way. I'll stop and let you get back to your....well whatever it was you were doing before I interrupted with the arguing and venting. Apologies.

My turn to vent alittle...

I HAVE A NAME!

Chet H. Duke.... I am the son of Bo Robert Duke. My original screen name here on Hazzardnet was lost to being exiled. I dont mind being called Cowboy, but know my name.... or I'll make sure it aint one you EVER forget.

*Snorts.*

~Chet

Brian - I'm not being a brat about the round robin ok, I left it there so everyone can continue to post on it in their own way. Since no one had been posting on it in a while, I started to get new ideas about what could be done in this story. And for you information I asked Daney if I could start up a new thread with her idea and she said that that was fine with her! Other people have also messaged me and said that they like that i'm going to take the story in a different direction so that there's more than one version of the story. I did think about Daney when I did what I did, I messaged her and asked her if it was okay for me to do it. I'm not selfish, and I do credit people where its needed. Due to the fact no one had posted on it after me for ages, I had been thinking about asking Daney if I could move it before. As for only wanting my version of events told that's not true, otherwise I would have simply messaged i1976 and said I don't like what you've done go away and let me carry on! I didn't do that, I simply started a new story with the same beginning and all credit is given to Daney for the original idea.

If Daney was cool with it, then I retract that element of my prior statement. However, in the 10 years we've been running RR's, I've never seen a more blatant rebuke of another writer's contributions, than "simply starting a new story with the same beginning that does not involve anything posted by i1976."

Which is basically what you're saying. It sounds kinda snobby no matter what spin you put on it.

It's like taking the game ball and running across the street to start a new team. In the process it's gonna hurt the feelings of the first kid who actually showed up to play in the first place.

As a lazy referee of this particular playground, I don't like the tactic and I won't see it repeated.

Since it's already happened in this case, carry on with it.

*Rolls on the floor laughing, gets up and brushes myself off.* Alright for everyone who truely wants to know my middle name, go to the Character profiles post and search the screen name Chet Duke, posts by my original name do still exist. When ya find my Character Bio, it will have my middle name listed. Have fun with finding it...

~Chet