Would you go to Dukesfest if no General Lees or Police cars were there?

TimDuke

Would you go to Dukefest if no there were no General Lees or Police cars there?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to Dukefest if no there were no General Lees or Police cars there?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...

I agree with Daney. When I went to Dukesfest, the only time I saw the cars, really was the parade of General Lees. I spent most of my time in lines waiting to see the cast members and talking with other fans - which is mostly what I went for in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, and would love to have one myself, but remember, "the car is the star of the show" is the mindset that brought us the Coy and Vance episodes!

Hey Y'all! Great question!

I have never been to a Dukefest, so given the chance (even if the General wasn't there!) I'd go!

I guess to me the Dukes is about the People, and Dukefest is about the fans celebrating a common bond they share, and that is their love for the Dukes series. So, to stop babbling on and just answer the question... Yes, I would go.

General Grant

I love Denver C. and General Grant's statements! Yes, I would still go as well if there wasn't any General Lee's or patrol cars.

The one statement I love the best though is by Denver C. You're right, if the car was the star of the show, Coy and Vance would have been successful. Also if that statement were true the two new movies would be considered Holy Grails and it wouldn't matter who played Bo and Luke, Daisy, Rosco or any of the cast for that matter!

Personally, the car is awesome. I would love to have a General of my own that I built or worked for myself. However, the General Lee is not the only reason the show was successful. It was a number of reasons.

However to make a long story short, I'm not going into the cultural significance that 'The Dukes of Hazzard' has had on America or the world for that matter. We who are all Duke fans know it's importance and if not, wiki it up or take a college level pop culture class. So at least there you can at least talk about what came first 'The General' or 'The Cast'!

I agree with Daney. I've been to Dukefest several times and had just as much fun talking and being among other Duke fans as I had looking at the cars. It is great looking at the cars and I love The General as I do the other cast members, but it isn't the only reason why I love the show. Nor is it the only reason why I went to Dukefest.