sweden big duckes of hazards fan

swedishsven

Hello, I am asking the questions aboot the dukes of hazard programme on the tv in 1970/80`s. I am posted these things but they do not appear.I apogise english not good very well !. Please do not delete my posts I too am big fan of the dukes boy.I hope to have my own general and would be happy if you can tell me what car this is based on, my friend dan is saying it is a dodge cornet from the 1960 is this correct.I have orange paint but just need the car.also please tell me if the duke brothers bow and lluke are still working in telvision as i knoow lot of stars are having to do other jobs, I have scene david hasslehoof work as waiter when i go to l.a angeles a few two years before!!.

Best wishes from sven.if any of you crazy cooters are come to sweden in thew fall please contact me and you can come stay maybe yes?/

Welcome aboard! It is always good to see other Duke fans out there. :D

The General Lee is a 1969 Dodge Charger.

John Schneider who played Bo Duke is currently in another television series called "Smallville" where he plays Super man's dad.

Tom Wopat who played Luke Duke is doing Broadway...I think he is currently in "Chicago" but I could be wrong about the play and all.

I hope that is of some help to you! Once again, welcome aboard.

Yo, Sven! Welcome to HazzardNet.

What is it about Dukes of Hazzard that appeals to y'all ? I'm curious if it's the same things that we dig here in the U.S. Mainly, that it's just plain fun.

I've met Dukes fans from all over the place; and they are the most friendly and outgoing bunch of people to be found. What a world this could be, if the Dukes of Hazzard were continually broadcast around the globe. Yep, that's my plan for world peace.

:D

Brian

Welcome!!!

I wish you luck at finding a 1969 Dodge Charger to do your project with. As you probably know, those go for a lot of money.

If you want to do an exact copy, I've heard that the General should be:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

440 c.i.d. Super Commando engine

750 CFM Holley 4-barrell double-pumper carburator

727 Torqueflight Transmission

I'm not sure on the exact name of the Orange paint. Maybe Competition Orange. Or maybe Chrysler Orange. The roll cage and push bar can be custom made.

I've thought about doing this briefly, and the cost would be totally forbidden for my checkbook!!! Good luck, and welcome.

Hi Sven. Here's another "Eurobilly". U might find a Charger (u can also use a '68 or '70) up there in sweden. As u know there is no other country in the world, where more old american cars are, compared to it's citizen!!! "Hate" u for that! :wink: And u sure will find enough dirt roads to run u'r moonshine.

Yes my american friends, they're still making that stuff over there!!! I've been to a Hot Rod Hillclimb a couple of years ago, and they drank gallons of that sh... out of big big plastic "bottles"!!! I found myself laying somewhere in the woods the next day, and can't see as good as I used to since that day! :o:wink:

@MaryAnne: Yes.