They did ot to Starsky and Hutch...and now the Dukes.

Mocking and ridiculing beloved tv classics seems to be the "in thing" in Hollywood now. My brother is a die hard Starsky and Hutch fan. I am a die hard Dukes fan. And neither of us are jumping for joy to see our favorite shows made into painful parodies.

I'm actually looking forward to the next seasons coming out on DVD more than I'm looking forward to the movie being released.

Here is the list of movies that have been based off old TV shows.

I enjoyed:

The Adams Family

Brady Bunch

Starsky & Hutch

Dragnet

George of the Jungle(not that bad)

Charlie's Angels

Zorro

Dudley Do-Right

Mystery Science Theater 3000

List of movies that have been made from old TV shows:

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Dennis The Menace

I, Spy

S.W.A.T.

Lassie

Flipper

Dudley Do-Right

George of the Jungle

The Twilight Zone

Tales From the Crypt

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Little Rascals

Beverly Hillbillies

Starsky & Hutch

Leave It To Beaver

The Mod Squad

The Fugitive

Fat Albert

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Scooby Doo

Flintstones

George of the Jungle

Lost In Space

Dragnet

Charlie's Angels

Mission Impossible

Car 54: Where Are You?

Inspector Gadget

The Avengers

My Favorite Martian

Wild Wild West

Thunderbirds

Josie & The Pussycats

Flash Gordon

The Count of Monte Cristo

Zorro

The Saint

McHale's Navy

And Im' sure I'm forgetting some. The thing of it is a movie can be hit or miss if its based off an TV show.

I liked Josie and the Pussycats. The acting wasn't the best in the world...the singing was almost bad and the storyline was lost somewhere. BUT, I did like the movie for some reason! :D

I think I done got old though. I believe I've seen everything on your list.

As far as DOH goes...I'm not listening to the nay-sayers. There hasn't even been a trailer put out, let alone teasers, for any bonifide negative criticism. Only a couple of us in this forum (bessie88 included) have seen actual video from the movie. I can't say enough how awesome some of the scenes will be. As I said before..."if'n ya don't go to see the actors or storyline...go see it fer the stunts!"

I have no reservations about the movie. I am 34 and I grew up watching the Dukes when it was originally on and when TNN ran it in the 90's.

I know we all had our choices for the roles and the way the movie should be and we all had our differeing opinions. I can say I have looking forward to seeing the movie. Other people have posted articles on here(forgive me for not naming anyone) that have showed the directors genuineness forthe movie. As a DOH fan I am supporting the movie. If it is not as good when it comes out then I will say so.

I honestly can't see Dukes fans NOT giving this movie a chance. There is no reason to just because some people are unhappy. All I know is we will see when the movie comes out and I will be there opening night with my family....

Darrell