Confederate Flag in the movie.

History is changing because new ideas, and theories are being discovered. History never stays the same. Historians have agendas. As for the things that are now being taught, yes we are seeing more women's history, AA history, etc. I work with a professor who is currently doing a book on a slave revolt, a topic rarely looked at before. Futhermore, as a former history teacher I never taught that the South was the bad guys, but they had their own agenda, just as the North.

Truth of the matter is the confederate flag has now been intertwined with slavery and what the south used to stand for. I'm not sure if you can seperate them anymore.

Was it a war for states rights? Surely. Did slave play a part of that? Yes it did. Lets not forget Bleeding Kansas. Or how the South wanted to expand slavery into the West.

That being said. I still want the flag on top of the G. Lee. 8)

Good points.

What I always tell people is; if you think the Confederate Flag is rascist, then the American Flag is 22 times as rascist considering the fact that the "United States of America" held the institution of slavery for approximately 89 years(July 4th, 1776-1865) to the "Confederate States of America"'s 4 years.

I believe the States succeeded mostly because of their fear of the newly-elected anti-slavery and pro-abolishonist Lincoln Administration infringing on their rights to own slaves. However, when Lincoln hastily called up 70,000 men to invade the South, it resulted in the start of the Civil War, or as some of us like to call it, "The War of Northern Aggression".

Fact of the matter is both the North and the South had slavery.

However, slavery was far different in the North than the South. Most Northern slaves were domestics. Those in the South were mostly farm hands. The North was able to get rid of slavery easier because their economy was not dependant upon it. Who cares if the domestics were free? Besides, in the North whites far outnumbered blacks, while in the South you have more blacks than white. In a few states many whites became nervous, espically after Nat Turners rebellion..or failed rebellion..depending on how you want to look at it. This was also a factor.

Slavery has many different demnsions to it.

True enough, white plantation owners were ticked off that the North was dictating to them. They were of the theory that the states come first then the Fed gov. a theory which was first held by many Americans just after the Rev. War.

Tensions in America, Fugative Slave Laws, Bleeding Kansas, Anti Slavery Movement, states rights, etc. all helped lead to the Civil War.

My rambling is now done. :lol: