building a general

blackesv

Welcome to HNet.

If you want a black interior, then do it.

General Lee replicas are thin on the ground here in Ireland, and the only one I've ever sat in (a couple of pictures here) had a black interior. I asked the owner about it, and he said he prefered it that way.

A few owners try to get every detail right for a particular season, e.g. pushbar size, crossed flags decal, exact model of CB radio etc., but take a look at the parade of General Lees (below) and you'll see variations in color, different wheels and various other differences. Most are made to look like 1969 Chargers, but there are some 1968 and 1970 models in there too. My advice is to go with what you want.

BTW, don't forget to post pictures of your build :).

Welcome to Hazzard net. When I built my general lee, I had every intent to make it as close to the show as possible. When it came to the interior color, I couldn't take the original black interior out and change it. I painted my general flame red (1975 corvette color) and it looks great. When ever I take it out, I always have people stop and want to take their picture with it. Ive been to a couple of dukes events and I've seen a wide variety of general lees over the years and they all look great. It should be how you want your car to look. Regardless of what color you choose, it's still a general lee and it will be a crowd pleaser. Good luck.