Racing Backwards

Roth Potter

Just though I should share this.

Unfortunately this is not in english but Dutch though you can still enjoy the crashes.

For the viewers looking closely you can see that about half of the footage is taken at circuit Zandvoort in the 70s and 80s.

Also there is on DAF painted as a General Lee at the start of one race. :-P

Nowadays we still race backwards on dirt tracks only made especially for that one race, they will demolish the track and re-used it as farmland like it was before the race. We mostly have these races on Koningsdag and ascension day.

No caravan races anymore but we still sometimes do drive on two wheels just to entertain the crown in the break.

If you wanna know why that one guy talks so weird is because he is a comedian en used to present this when it was a TV program as well.

Thanks for the videos, Roth. I haven't seen a DAF for ages, although they were quite popular when I was young (as were the other cars in the videos). I wonder how those guys would do in a race with "the world's best backwards driver"? :)

MaterCars.jpg

They also do caravan racing in the UK. NASCAR take note: this is how you make oval racing exciting! (Sorry, Garrett, couldn't resist ;))