Hi New Here, been lurking for a while and need to say this..

first off...

it's great we'll see the 1969 R/T Charger as the General..

second..The Cast is Solid, and with M.C.Gainey yes it looks as if it may go for a more serious look and feel. but never judge a book by it's cover.

Daisy Duke, enough with this.."i wish someone better than Jessica simpson could be daisy " Bull crap.....what you see on tv is all an act, that dominos pizza commercial it was fake it was scripted, she didn't just wake up and think that line up get real people...Jessica is hot right now in hollywood and perfect for daisy, be thankful daisy is even going to be featured in this movie.

Hazzard Co. police cars...the movie is set in the year 2005....ipeople wake up, put down the crack pipe...in the year 2005, police driver current model cars....sure you will see several chevy caprice cruisers, but remember, boss hogg may only budget rosco to purchse newer cars for him and enos....everyone get's the left overs...and being 2005 i'm sure boss hogg actually would have budgeted more officers to battle real world crime and run the city like an actual mayor.

be thankful the directors opted to keep the flag. enough said.

as for the theme song, i'm sure some of you wish the origianl song would be featured...maybe it will. but god dang it, WB isn't making this movie for you, if Nelly and tim Mcgraw want to duet on a song, fine. i myself to keep it country would go with big and rich and maybe grtachen wilson. but get real the soundtrack is going to be diverse and will feature music the director feel will fit the mood. let jessica simpson sing her songs. i would love to see kid rock and maybe dave matthews band (whom are current both rumored to have songs on the soundtrack) do the good ol' boys.

also the group green day has been heavily playing the dukes theme song and a few times mentioned they have been approached about a song or to maybe a cover for the movie..

The cast is "solid"? WB isn't making the movie for "us"? I hate to break this to you, but the cast is anything but "solid". They made some good decisions in casting and some poor ones. Calling the cast "solid" is a great exaggeration. I hate to break this to you as well, but contrary to the tone of your message, WB IS indeed trying to make money off this movie and do want a movie that we WILL watch. If they were making the movie for themselves I'm sure they's spend far less money making a quaint home movie. And it doesn't matter which way you want to "spin" the facts. We all probably wish the movie was far more like the TV show than it will be. In addition Waylon Jennings theme would be far better than any alternative theme. Is it going to happen? Probably not. Do I have to be happy about all of this because "that's the way it's going to be"? Nope.

The cast is "solid"? WB isn't making the movie for "us"? I hate to break this to you, but the cast is anything but "solid". They made some good decisions in casting and some poor ones. Calling the cast "solid" is a great exaggeration. I hate to break this to you as well, but contrary to the tone of your message, WB IS indeed trying to make money off this movie and do want a movie that we WILL watch. If they were making the movie for themselves I'm sure they's spend far less money making a quaint home movie. And it doesn't matter which way you want to "spin" the facts. We all probably wish the movie was far more like the TV show than it will be. In addition Waylon Jennings theme would be far better than any alternative theme. Is it going to happen? Probably not. Do I have to be happy about all of this because "that's the way it's going to be"? Nope.

i was there when they filmed the movie Big Fish, everyone was saying the casting decisions they made didn't reflect the book, but when the movie premiered, it turned out better than anyone thought.

i'm sure a bunch of people around here would like the movie cast they way they want ti, and probably work the orignl cast in somewhere, but that is downright cheesy.

the movie is "inspired" y the show, or should i say, more inspired by the creator of the show and his vision.

i think knoxville and scott fit the roles perfect. , same for jessica simpson. just shut up and be thankful you are getting what is turning out to be a damn good version of the dukes on the big screen.

this movie has been in development hell for nearly 10 years, originally they were going to shootthis movie with Ben Stiller, owen Wilson as the duke boys and the guy that playd drew carey's brother, steve as boss hogg

so take your pick which one you'd rather have, been still in a comedy version of the dukes using the legacy of the general lee as his toilet paper or Johnny Knoxville and sean william scott who are true diehard fans of the show?

We are just going to have to wait and see the finished film....

Heck alot of us have had our opinions on how the movie should be cast nad how the movie should be...We know Hollywood is making this for more of a wider audience than for us Dukes fans ...That doesn't mean we can't offer our own ideas and thoughts. That is what this forum is about. Just keep it constructive and not flame anyone.

I have said in earlier posts if the cast has that chemistry together like the series did then it might be good...then again it might not. We will know in a few months ...

As far as the cast goes, a lot of us are going by the previous work of these actors. Some of which don't fit what we thought for the movie. Jessica Simpson might not be a great choice to us and as you pointed out her act is all PR stuff. That is probably true, but the general public sees her act and thinks that is the way she is...Still not my choice....But whos knows...

Darrell

We are just going to have to wait and see the finished film....

Heck alot of us have had our opinions on how the movie should be cast nad how the movie should be...We know Hollywood is making this for more of a wider audience than for us Dukes fans ...That doesn't mean we can't offer our own ideas and thoughts. That is what this forum is about. Just keep it constructive and not flame anyone.

I have said in earlier posts if the cast has that chemistry together like the series did then it might be good...then again it might not. We will know in a few months ...

As far as the cast goes, a lot of us are going by the previous work of these actors. Some of which don't fit what we thought for the movie. Jessica Simpson might not be a great choice to us and as you pointed out her act is all PR stuff. That is probably true, but the general public sees her act and thinks that is the way she is...Still not my choice....But whos knows...

Darrell

i have heard wild rumors that if this movie does better than it's expected to, look for a possible tv show featuring the cast or a newer cast.

If a TV show happens, it might be too expensive given the actors in the movie..But with a newer cast it might be different again.....

It might just be wishful thinking to have a new series...But I would love to see a new one.

actually it would be too far fetched, many big screen actors are jumping to the small screen, and fox and other networks will be moving away from reality tv by summer. so...

I'll grant you the fact that yeah, this movie is not a remake, but more of a movie "inspired" by the show. That's fine. But when you have a show as good as it was, and as loved as it was, if ya decide to make a movie about the show, yer gonna get a lot of flack with messing with something that is so sacred and loved by so many people. I'm going to see the movie, yeah.. will I like what they do with it? I dunno.. probably not. The original show and cast will always be what I loved as a kid and still love to this day. We'll see how it goes, but I just think everybody that has something positive or negative to say about what they know about the movie has the absolute right to say whatever. So here I go... Daisy was not a blonde. ;) Just messin.. I can't really argue with a POA like Simpson playing Daisy.

listen,I decided to give this movie a chance,to watch it before judging,but i guarantee you one thing,this will not turn into a t.v. series!

Anyone who has watched and enjoyed the original t.v. series,is not gona be interested in the new one!

Most of us will go see the movie,just to see the General lee on the big screen! We may not care for the cast,but have to give then the benefit of dought,who knows,maybe they are duke fans too,and this could be a priveledge for them!

However,I'll bet $100.00 with anyone,that this movie will not have a sequel and will never be a t.v. series again!

Yeah it's a lock that it's not going to be a TV series again, nor do I think it should be. As for a movie sequel, I suppose that depends on whether or not the movie does well at the box office. You know that movie companies always want to squeeze any amount of money that they can out of a movie franchise. I always believe a sequel is a possibility consindering how damn greedy Hollywood is. I'd never rule that out. We'll see how well it does...

Yeah it's a lock that it's not going to be a TV series again, nor do I think it should be. As for a movie sequel, I suppose that depends on whether or not the movie does well at the box office. You know that movie companies always want to squeeze any amount of money that they can out of a movie franchise. I always believe a sequel is a possibility consindering how damn greedy Hollywood is. I'd never rule that out. We'll see how well it does...

That is so true......

We will see in about 6 months.....