RedHead's Emotional State

"It might be better if we try to catch up with her & Hughie. That way we can get Bo alone with Vicki," said Daisy.

"Do you think that it will be a good idea, Daisy?" asked Bo yawning as he walked out of the bedroom with tired, tear streaked eyes then added as he clutched a picture to his heart, "I really don't think that Vicki will ever want to talk to me again after deserting her in the hospital."

"Bo, it could work if you want it too. Do you still love Vicki?" asked Daisy.

"You know I do, Daisy. She is all I think about ever since I left her in the hospital a week ago," said Bo sadly as he sat down on the sofa and buried his blonde head in his hands.

"Bo, do you want to go after your wife? It's your decision, plus it your future depends on it," said Luke, placing a hand on Bo's shoulder.

"Yeah, I do. I still love her more than anything. I'm going to help her get through this, weather she wants me to or not," said Bo.

"Good. Let's go. She drove by here with that twerp Hughie Hogg about 10 minutes ago. Maybe we can catch up with them before they get to the Boar's Nest," said Luke, taking his car keys out of his pocket.

"Luke, let me drive. I know some shortcuts that Vicki might have taken. I can probably catch up with her," said Bo, taking the keys from Luke.

"Okay, cousin. I hope that you know what you're doing," said Luke worriedly as he, Daisy, Coy, and Vance followed Bo outside the farmhouse.

BALLADEER: Do y'all think that Bo will follow his dreams to find happiness with Vicki before it's too late?? It might be too late if Vicki decided to change her life and move to Oklahoma!! Y'all stay Tuned!! :o 8)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BALLADEER: Well, folks, the Dukes were a little too late catching up with the redhead. For Vicki knew that she might be followed, so she took an alternate route that she knew well that no one would take.

"Vicki, how did you know about this wild shortcut?" asked Hughie into the CB mike, looking in his rearview mirror behind them. "There is no one behind us."

Vicki giggled back into the CB mike as she noticed that they were coming up behind the Boar's Nest. "I used to take this shortcut every once in a while when I would be running late for work."

"Which was most of the time, knowing you," said Hughie, laughing into the CB mike.

Vicki sighed loudly as she was getting out of her black mustang a few minutes later. "Yeah. It's good that no one followed us here that I want to see right now."

"Except for Uncle Boss and Aunt Lulu. You parked right next to them," said Hughie, laughing as he knelt down next to the white Caddy's front left tire and began to let the air out of the tire.

"Hughie! You shouldn't be doing that! We're liable to get caught by someone!" giggled Vicki loudly as she was shooing Hughie away from Boss's White Caddy.

"Vicki, you know how crazy I can be at times. I want to make my presence known to Uncle Boss!" said Hughie laughing.

"I know, Hughie. But I don't want us to get caught in the act by Rosco when he shows up. We better go inside for my "Farewell Party"," said Vicki, taking Hughie by the arm as the 2 friends go inside the Boar's Nest.

As soon as Vicki & Hughie walked in the Boar's Nest, Enos came walking over to them.

"Vicki! Did you know that Bo is looking for you?" asked Enos, placing a hand on the redhead's arm.

"So what?" asked the redhead sarcastically then added, "I'm surprised that he even wants to see me after deserting me in the hospital last week."

"Vicki," said Enos in a concerned voice then added, "Bo is worried about you. Daisy told me that he doesn't want you to leave Hazzard County."

"Enos, I am so surprised that Bo is even worried about me. The way he was acting towards me made me think about our marriage," said Vicki, walking over to the piano that Boss Hogg had set up close to the bar.

"Vicki, are you sure that you want to do this? Move to Oklahoma?" Enos asked, putting an arm around the redhead's shoulder.

He then added looking down towards the ground, "Possum on a Gumbush, Little Red! I don't want you to leave!"

"You're the only one besides Hughie that doesn't want me to leave," said Vicki as the tears fall down her face then added, "It's only going to be temporary. I just need a change of scenery for a while. My sister wanted me to help her run her ranch for a while." "Among other things..." she thought to herself.

"You need to hear it from Bo, Vicki. You need to at least give him a chance to tell you how he feels for you," said Enos.

"I'll think about it, Enos," sighed the redhead as she played a chord on the piano then added, "You know, maybe I'll listen to what Bo has to say."

She then began to sing a song that she heard last week in the hospital while she was playing the piano, "Hurt Me..."

*AUTHOR NOTE & DISCLAIMER*: For the next few posts, y'all might recognize a few lines from the song, "Hurt Me" by LeAnn Rimes. It is from her "Blue" CD that came out in late 1996. I'm just going to borrow a few lines of the song. It fits this portion of the storyline perfectly. :(

"Hurt Me...Why In the World did you Hurt Me?" Vicki sang, not really noticing that everyone started to crowd around her.

Everyone (except the Dukes who were late as usual) started to crowd around Vicki as she beings to play on the old upright piano. Some of them were in shock.

"Judist Priest on a Pony! When did Vicki learn how to play like that?" asked Rosco as he & Enos walked over to where Vicki was playing the piano.

"I don't know, Sheriff. I was talking to her while you were in Mr. Hogg's office. She didn't mention anything about it to me," said Enos.

They couldn't believe that the redhead knew how to play.

"Holy Hannah! What is going on now?" asked Boss Hogg as he & Lulu stepped out of his office.

"It's Vicki, JD. She's actually playing the piano. I didn't even know that she knew how to play. Mary didn't mention anything about it to me," said Lulu as she walked over towards Vicki then added sadly, "It sounds like a sad song. She must still be depressed about what happened to her."

BALLADEER: *What is this?? Vicki playing the piano?? Who would have thought that the redhead knew how to play, and such a sad song. I'm surprised! Aren't y'all?? More to come later!*

While Vicki was playing her broken heart out, near the Boar's Nest in the General, Bo, Luke, and Daisy was talking about Vicki.

Coy & Vance were following behind them in a loaner from Cooter.

"Y'all, I don't want to lose Vicki. I love her. I don't want to lose her forever," said Bo as he speeded up the General a little more.

"I know, sugar. Vicki has been a livesaver to you for a long time. I know deep down that she still loves you very much," said Daisy.

"I know, Daisy. But why is that little twerp Hughie Hogg hanging around her? I wonder if he is trying to use her again," said Bo, peering down the road for the speeding black mustang. "Where is she? She should have been on this road."

"I don't know, cousin," said Luke, looking outside at the wildflowers then added, "Maybe she took some sort of shortcut."

Bo groaned worriedly. "Vicki shouldn't be taking any shortcuts at all. She's in no condition to be even driving right now." :-?

About 15 minutes later, Bo pulls into the parking lot at the Boar's Nest.

"Hey, y'all! I don't believe it! Take a look at who is parked close to the front door," said Bo, looking at the cars in the crowded parking lot. He was showing Luke & Daisy Vicki's black mustang.

Daisy gasped outloud as Luke helped her out of the General Lee, noticing the black mustang. "Well, I guess that Vicki must be feeling good enough to drive here."

"I guess so, Daisy. Let's go inside and see if she's here," said Luke as he opened the front door for his cousins.

As Luke opened the front door to the Boar's Nest, they could hear music coming from a piano. "It sounds like someone is playing the piano," said Bo as he stepped inside the front door of the Boar's Nest, not knowing that Vicki was the one playing the piano.

AUTHOR NOTE: A few lines in this post, Vicki will be singing "Hurt Me" by LeAnn Rimes. It is off her "Blue" CD. Just a little info for Y'all! And part of this post is true, I do know how to play the piano, and I have taken 2 years of choir in high school, back several years ago! Take Care! 8)

"Hey, y'all! Vicki is the one playing the piano & singing that song," said Bo surprised then added to his cousins, "When did she learn how to play the piano like that?"

"She must have been taking lessons back in Chickasaw," said Daisy.

"This is unreal. Who would have guessed that Vicki knew how to play the piano like that," said Luke, placing a hand on Bo's trembling shoulder then added, "You okay, cousin?"

"Not really, Luke. Just let me listen to Vicki sing that song about us. She's singing it directly to my heart," said Bo, as he walked over to the bar and sat down directly behind Vicki, who was playing at the piano.

"Hurt Me..." Vicki sang, not knowing that everyone in the small crowded bar was not listening to her sing that song.

"You Hurt Me...Why in the World did You Hurt Me? Just when I thought that I found you to trust, You took away your Love..." Vicki sang as the tears started to fall down her face.

Daisy gasped as she listened to the song that Vicki was singing from her heart. "Bo, are you listening to this song? She is singing that song directly to you."

"Yeah...Daisy, I know in Vicki's voice that she is singing that song to me," said Bo, taking a drink of his beer as he listened to Vicki's broken heart voice.

"Hurt Me...Still can't believe that you Hurt Me. Just when I thought that it was safe for me to love you...You, let me want you & need you again," Vicki sang, surprised as she felt a strong hand on her shoulder.

"You Left Me, like a child in the rain, now I have the PAIN in my heart. Oh, You Hurt Me..." as Vicki continued to play a few chords.

After playing & singing a few more lines in the song, Vicki ended the song "You...Hurt...Me"

After the song ended, the crowd behind her clapped their hands & cheered for the redhead. Surprised by the crowd, Vicki rushed outside... :-?

BALLADEER: Is Vicki going back to her wild ways? :o

A few minutes later, Vicki sat down on top of her mustang's hood and cried. She felt so cold and lonely right now.

"I'll just leave right now. That way, I can be in Oklahoma by noon tomorrow," said Vicki in a sad voice, wiping her tears as she got into her mustang and started the car.

"Vicki! Wait! Don't leave!" said a deep voice behind her, startling the redhead.

In the bright summer sunlight, Vicki noticed that someone was walking towards her.

"What do you want?" asked Vicki in a cold icy tone as she noticed that Bo was the one walking towards her.

"I want to talk to you for a minute," said Bo, opening the mustang's passenger door and got in.

"Bo, I don't want to talk to you anymore. I have nothing else to say to you right now," said Vicki, wiping her tears with a handkerchief.

"What about that song you were singing to me? You were definitely talking to me then," said Bo sarcastically as he looked out the window. "And to my heart," he thought.

"I was just singing the way I was feeling. I do still have strong feelings for you. But I don't know what you feel for me," said Vicki, confused.

"Vicki, I don't know how I feel right now," said Bo as he looked out the window.

"Maybe you don't love me anymore, since you don't know about us. Don't you need to leave me anyway to go back out on the NASCAR circuit?" asked Vicki angrily as she back her car out of the parking lot.

"I don't think that I can leave at the moment," said Bo in shock, looking out the back window at the Boar's Nest behind them...

"Vicki! You've got to slow this car down! You're driving way to fast!" said Bo fearfully as he watched his depressed wife drive all over the road.

Vicki laughed wildly, brushing her auburn-light brown hair away from her eyes. "I'm just driving like you normally do. All over the road."

"Vicki, you've got to stop driving like this. You're really in NO condition to be driving at all. Why don't you pull over right now?" said Bo fearfully as he looked behind them, hoping that Luke or Enos will catch up to them.

"I really don't think so right now. Not until I take you somewhere where we will be alone for a while!" barked Vicki as she turned onto Highway 36 North towards the state line.

But to which state could they be heading to? Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, or Florida. Or will they be driving all the way to Oklahoma? 8)

About 15 minutes later...

Meanwhile, back inside the Boar's Nest, everyone was waiting impatiently for Vicki or Bo to come back in.

"Where's Vicki?" asked Luke to no one in particular.

"I don't know," said Mary, Vicki's mother as she looked at her watch then added, "She should have been back in here by now. Knowing her, she went out to her car to get some fresh air."

"Luke, Bo is no where to be found either," said Daisy as she looked around the crowded bar.

"Daisy, that is only because Bo went after Vicki when she left nearly 30 minutes ago," said Enos, adding into the conversation.

Luke shooked his head. "We better go take a look outside for Bo & Vicki. Something must have happened to them for not coming back in here."

Several minutes later, Luke, Daisy, and Enos walked outside the bar to look for Bo & Vicki.

"BO!" yelled Luke as he walked all over the crowded dirt parking lot.

"I don't think that he's here, Luke," said Enos as he walked around the parking lot with Luke.

"Neither is Vicki. She's gone too!" said Daisy worriedly as she followed Luke & Enos.

"But Vicki is with Bo though," said Enos as he looked around the parking lot.

"Or is it the other way around?" questioned Luke.

"Isn't there something missing in this parking lot. Wasn't there a car parked next to Hughie's convertible?" Daisy asked as she walked over to Hughie's convertible, not knowing that Hughie was watching them from the front door.

"Daisy, I know what's missing," said Luke worriedly.

"What's missing?" asked Daisy.

"Bo. I think that he disappear out of this parking lot in Vicki's mustang," said Luke.

"Possum on a Gumbush! I'd better go tell Rosco!" said Enos excitedly as he, Daisy, and Luke walked towards the front door of the Boar's Nest.

About an hour later...

THROUGH VICKI'S THOUGHTS AS SHE WAS DRIVING TOWARDS TENNESSEE LINE:

**What am I doing? I shouldn't be doing this. Technically, this is against the law by taking Bo against his will, but I don't care right now. I didn't exactly take him by force. He just decided to take a ride with me. He didn't care that I was leaving as we were having that fight earlier. All he told me at the time that he wanted to talk about our marriage.**

She thought as she was nearing the Chickasaw/Sweetwater County line.

She looks over at Bo sleeping restlessly in his seat. Vicki sighed loudly.

*He looks so handsome while he's asleep. I used to just watch him sleep in bed when I would wake up before him. I'm starting to regret now what I did a couple of hours ago to him. But maybe when he wakes up, I can ask him how he really feels about me. He was saying all those things to me even when I was in the hospital a few weeks ago. But I don't know now if he really means it.*

Vicki sighs loudly as she pulls into a gas station about 30 minutes later. She had just crossed into Sweetwater County where the interstate is, and she noticed that her gas gage was nearly on empty.

Hoping that Bo wouldn't wake up for a few more minutes, she cuffed his wrists loosely around the door handle on the door with a set of handcuffs that she kept in her glove compartment.

*Hopefully, I can take that restraint off of him before he wakes up. I don't want him to leave me while I'm getting gas for my car. I want to at least say good-bye to him when he wakes up again in Tennessee.* Vicki thought as she was going inside the gas station to pay for her gas.

A few minutes later, Vicki walks back out of the gas station, carrying a couple of sodas and some snacks. She knew that she was in for a long, wild drive when Bo wakes up and finds out that he's in Tennessee with a wild redhead... :p

Getting back into her car as quietly as she could, Vicki took her moblie car phone out of the glove compartment and plugged it in to her cigarette lighter.

After making sure that Bo was still asleep and shackled to the door, Vicki quietly dialed a number into her phone.

"Chickasaw Mobile # 471 please," said Vicki quietly into the phone.

"Thank you, Ma'am," said the operator then added, "It's a minute or two."

"Okay," said Vicki, whose heart was beating rapidly. She then started to watch Bo sleep while she was waiting.

About a minute later, Hughie Hogg's voice came over the line. "This is Hughie."

"Hughie, thank goodness that you answered your moblile car phone," said Vicki, taking a deep breath then added, "Promise NOT to tell anyone back in Hazzard on what I'm about to tell you."

"Vicki, honey, calm down. Tell me what it is. Where are you at right now? You sound like you're at least a hundred miles away from me," said Hughie into his mobile car phone as he crossed back in Chickasaw County from Hazzard County.

"Hughie, do you remember what I used to be like when I was much younger?" asked Vicki, looking over to make sure that Bo was still asleep as she pulled her car into a rest area along the interstate.

Hughie laughed. "Yeah, when we were scheming to take over Hazzard several years back, you were a very wild teenager. Especially when you were working for me & my associates at a car stripper."

Vicki giggled hysterically into her mobile car phone, hoping that it wasn't loud enough to wake up Bo. "You won't believe what is going on this time. I've done something that I haven't done since I was a wild teenager." :p

Hughie laughed into his car phone. "Vicki, you know that your phone & my phone was pretty expensive to have installed. So what did you do this time?"

"And it is pretty expensive to call you too. But this was an emergency," said Vicki, not really answering Hughie's question as she pulls her mustang up in an rest area near the Tennessee line.

"Vicki, what are you not telling me?" asked Hughie sarcastically as he pulls up in front of the Chickasaw County Courthouse.

"Hughie, let me ask you this. Was there anything missing when you left the Boar's Nest a little while ago?" asked Vicki giggling slightly.

"Oh...now I know," laughed Hughie then added, "I have a pretty good idea what you did this time. Everyone in Hazzard has started looking for you & Bo, according to the CB. Luckily, I left the Boar's nest right after you and before Uncle Boss or Rosco could questioned me about you disappearing like that."

• 3 weeks later...

"Thanks for sneaking out like that," said Vicki giggling wildly into her car phone.

"No problem, sugar. So where are you at right now?" asked Hughie as he watched Sheriff Little walk inside the Chickasaw County Courthouse.

"About 20 minutes or so out of Chattanooga, and about an hour and 1/2 from Knoxville. That is the reason why I have a lot of static in my phone," said Vicki, sighing loudly.

"Well, that is one way of getting away from Hazzard County & the Dukes," Hughie laughed.

"Yeah, but what I did was slightly illegal. You have to make sure that you act like that you have no idea where I'm at, if someone comes around bugging you about mine or Bo's disappearances," said Vicki into her car phone.

"Yeah, by you taking me hostage!" said Bo yawning as he opened his eyes. He then started to strain on the handcuffs. Vicki gasped loudly...

"Sugar, as much as I wanted to be with you, I want you to work things out with Bo. You two deserve each other," said Hughie then added, "Even if he used you like that."

"Hughie, I'll think about what you said. I need to go. Prince Charming just woke up," said Vicki giggling wildly into her car phone.

"Okay, Vicki. Just don't worry about anything here. I'll handle the Dukes. Take Care, sugar. Bye," said Hughie into his car phone as he turned it off with his ignition switch.

"Bye," said Vicki as she turns off her ignition switch. After putting her phone back up, Vicki smiles seductively to a frightened Bo...

• 2 weeks later...

--AT TENNESSEE STATE LINE--

"Sugar, what are you doing by taking me hostage like that? Don't you know that it's against the law what you did to me?" asked Bo stubbornly as he strained against the handcuffs about 30 minutes later.

Vicki just continued smiling at him as she was driving into Chattanooga. She was staring at him. She licked her lips, willing herself to choose the words from her heart with caution. She sat opposite of Bo as she continued to just stare at him with hunger in her eyes & her heart.

He was staring at her not really frightened, but angry. Vicki pushed aside any impulse to release him from the cuffs and just hold him against her. So she stared back away from him just looking at the clouds.

"What are you doing ignoring me? Did you hear anything I said earlier?" asked Bo impatiently.

Vicki just continued to stare at the clouds rolling across the sky...

"Vicki, you look back at me!" Bo growled, as he continued to stare at the redhead.

"Why should I?" asked Vicki sarcastically, not taking her eyes off the road as she was driving into some heavy traffic.

"I want to know what caused you to do this to me!" said Bo angrily as he looked away from Vicki.

"You want to know WHY I did this to you, why don't you think back to what happened between us in Chickasaw 3 weeks ago, and what happened back in Hazzard nearly 3 hours ago," said Vicki angrily as she headed northeast on the interstate towards Knoxville.

Bo sat back in his seat, his bound hands now numb from the handcuffs, thinking about what a jerk he had been to his wife when she needed him the most...

As Vicki continued to drive towards Knoxville, all heck was starting to break loose back in Hazzard. A lot of people was starting to worry about Vicki & Bo, and why they disappeared.

"I can't believe that Vicki left abruptly like that, taking Bo with her," said Luke in shock.

"I know, Luke. Something must have triggered inside Vicki when we walked inside the Boar's Nest earlier," said Daisy as she & Luke sat down at a table with Jesse & Cooter.

"Hey, y'all. Is there something wrong?" asked Cooter, looking at Luke's worried face.

Luke looked around the room. "Yeah, Cooter, something is wrong. We have the suspicion that Bo was kidnapped by that crazy redhead wife of his when he disappeared outside nearly an hour ago."

"Wow! That is not like Vicki at all. She seemed okay when I visited her in the hospital," said Cooter, shaking his head.

"But she was sad then, Cooter. She's been depressed ever since she had that miscarriage," said Daisy worriedly as she looks towards the door then added, "I'm afraid that she is going to take it out on Bo if her fiery temper flares up again."

"I'm sure that Vicki won't take it out on him, I know deep down that Bo is still in love with her," said Cooter as he took an old picture of the couple out of his wallet.

"Vicki has told me that too," said Daisy, agreeing with Cooter.

"Yeah, Bo has told me that too," said Luke, nooding his head.

"I wonder why they ran off together like that?" asked Jesse worriedly then added, "What would have caused Vicki to abduct him like that?"

"Bo must have triggered Vicki's emotions somehow," said Daisy.

"Maybe they'll patch things up. Vicki told me that she wanted to talk seriously to Bo about everything that happened to them," said Mary, Vicki's mother, as she walked over to the family then added, "I think that she told me yesterday that she wanted to go to Oklahoma so she can help Pam run her horse ranch."

"Oh...lord. If Vicki does that with Bo, that means that Bo will break his probation for sure!" said Luke worriedly.

"Only if they already headed that way," added Daisy.

"Bo might have already broke his probation if they are already out of state, didn't he?" asked Cooter.

"Yeah, but with Vicki being a Chickasaw County deputy, I'm sure that she had a few tricks up her sleeve about that," said Luke, taking a sip of his beer then added, "I bet that she went by the Hazzard County Courthouse to pick up the probation papers. That way it can be waivered off for Bo to leave the state."

Meanwhile near Knoxville, Tennessee...

About 30 minutes later, Vicki pulls her black mustang in a rest area inside Smokey Mountain National Park just outside of Knoxville.

Bo just sat there, numb & emotionless, and in a lot of thought. He was thinking about why he treated Vicki so badly before and after the loss of their baby.

"Bo, are you okay?" asked Vicki shyly to Bo.

Bo stared at the redhead for a second, then looked out the window, not answering her right off.

He moved his chained wrists against the door handle, then propped his elbow the best he could on the open window and stared out at the tall treetops, ignoring Vicki.

Since he knew that Vicki was still angry, he knew that he couldn't sweet talk her enough into freeing his hands from the door, or to take him back to Hazzard.

Again, as he looked back at Vicki, who was still smiling at him as she took a drink of her soda. *She looks so beautiful, and so dang innocent just sitting there...* thought Bo as he grinned shyly back at the redhead.

Bo continued to eyed Vicki down as her fingers curled lightly around the steering wheel, her red hair blowing lightly in the gentle breeze.

"Are you okay, Bo? Are you getting hot?" asked Vicki, smiling at Bo as she noticed him eyeing her down hungrily.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Vicki. We're far enough away from Hazzard. We have to talk now about us," said Bo as he stared directly into Vicki's eyes...

Vicki pulls her car into a parking spot inside the rest area. "Bo, what do you mean that we have to talk?" she asked, in a innocent voice.

"Sugar, I know deep down inside that you didn't mean to take me away from Hazzard and cuffing me to the door, didn't you?" asked Bo as he looked back at the tall treetops.

Vicki looked innocently at her husband. "Whatever do you mean, Bo?" she asked again in an innocent voice.

"Sugar, I know now that it wasn't your fault that you kidnapped me like that. It was my own fault anyway that I got in the car with you when you were leaving, but at the time I needed to talk to you," said Bo staring sincerely at Vicki.

Vicki looked the other way. She knew deep down that Bo was trying to apologize to her, but she didn't know if he really meant it.

She hated to admit it, but she didn't really trust him enough right now to believe him. Maybe he was being sincere and maybe he wasn't.

She's tried for the last few weeks to convince herself that it was all over between them, but with him right beside her, she knew she couldn't put him out of her life, especially after taking him away from Hazzard.

Bo tried again to talk to Vicki. "Sugar, please let me tell you how sorry I really am for treating you so badly."

Vicki stared at Bo for a few tense seconds. "Do you really mean that, or are you shuck-n-jiving me into freeing you from the cuffs?" she asked in a cold voice, but smiled slightly as she freed Bo from the cuffs.

"Heck, you know that I do mean it, Vicki! How many times do I have to tell you how sorry I am that you lost our baby?" said Bo as he looked away from Vicki, rubbing the circulation back into his aching wrists.

Vicki held back a few tears that were starting to build in her eyes.

She knew that he was wanting to try to destroy her fragile self-control mind. "And you're still blaming me about the loss of our baby. You just don't know how I really feel, Bo."

"Vicki, I know exactly how you feel. I was devastated when Doc Applebey told me that you lost our baby," said Bo as a stray tear fell down his face then added, "At the time, I felt that our love for each other was lost too."

"I know, Bo. You only saw me once in the hospital after I had surgery. You were so distant from me, I knew then that you didn't love me anymore," said Vicki as the tears start to fall down more on her face as she was getting out of the mustang.

BALLADEER: While a depressed Vicki & a relunctant Bo was finally talking about their relationship, nearly 150 miles south back in Hazzard, everyone was in shock over the recent disappearances of the estranged couple.

"Judist priest on a pony..." exclaimed Rosco in shock :o as he paced around his office then added, "Are you sure that you're not shuck-n-jiving me again?"

"Rosco, this is the truth. It's hard to believe that Vicki could take Bo and run off like that," said Luke, shaking his head as he looked out the window.

"Yeah, and we can't do anything about it either. Vicki took Bo's probation papers with her too," said Daisy, still in disblief over everything that happened earlier.

"This isn't like Vicki to do anything like this. She's been a good god-daughter to me in the past. What caused her to run off like that?" asked Rosco as he stopped pacing and sat back down at his desk.

"We're thinking that it could be her miscarrying the baby and maybe her job in Chickasaw," said Luke.

"And of her & Bo arguing about taking that job in Chickasaw," said Daisy as she noticed that Enos was walking inside Rosco's office.

---Just then Enos walked into Rosco's office.---

"Hey, y'all. I was into the files, and found something of interest," said Enos, waving an large manila envelope in his hands.

"What was it, Enos?" asked Rosco.

"Bo's original probation papers," said Enos as he gave Rosco the envelope.

Rosco took the envelope away from Enos. "Thanks, dipstick. For once, you did something right."

"No problem, sheriff. Glad to help you out. Maybe we can go after Vicki now," said Enos.

"Maybe, dipstick," said Rosco, grinning at Enos then added as he looked at the papers, "As much as I care for my god-daughter, Vicki has done something illegal this time."

"What Sheriff?" asked Luke as he walked over to Rosco.

Rosco shook his head in disblief. "Vicki had copies made of you & Bo's probation papers. That is how she got Bo out of the county."

"And probably out of the state too," said Daisy worriedly.

"Maybe, maybe not Daisy. Vicki could have taken Bo to one of her dad's old moonshine sites," said Luke.

"I don't think so, Luke. Vicki probably knew that we would start looking for them there," said Daisy.

"Then they probably did go out of state. I wonder to which state though?" said Luke as he walked to the window and looked out at the clouds rolling in from the north...

Meanwhile...

"Vicki! Wait! Where the heck do you think that you're going?" asked Bo, rushing to catch up with the redhead.

"Bo, just leave me alone for a few minutes," said Vicki, as she was breathing in fresh mountain air.

"But sugar, where are you going?" asked Bo.

"Just to go refresh myself before driving the rest of the way to Knoxville," sighed Vicki loudly as she was walking towards the women's restrooms.

Bo watched her leave, his dark blue eyes were unreadable. The soft sway of Vicki's hips as she walked might have beguiled him somewhat, but now he was eyeing her down more as he was watching her walk.

He stared morosely into space, seeing her sad face when she begged him not to go back to racing a few weeks earlier. That was right before Vicki lost the baby.

He blinked back another tear when Vicki & him were arguing about Vicki working for Sheriff Little & Hughie Hogg. They argued & argued over that until he left Vicki and went back out on the NASCAR circuit.

He groaned, raking a frustrated hand across the back of his neck. Suddenly, he wanted to know why he & Vicki got into those arguments, and he wanted to find ways of making it up to her too.

*Vicki, we're going to talk when you get back,* thought Bo as he watched the redhead walk towards the restrooms then added, *You are still my sweet angel to me, and we will overcome all our obstacles together, no matter how bad they are.*