RedHead's Emotional State

*DISCLAIMER*: *Story is actually based on a true story which happened to me back in August 2000 and March 2001. I really did have a miscarriage and nearly died in the hospital. I'm just writing some of my thoughts on computer through a Dukes story.

*This isn't a typical Dukes storyline, but it might turn into one in the future! :)

*If y'all would like to add your opinion or add anything, E-Mail or Private Message me first. Or go into the RedHead's Emotional State Comment Page.

*RATED: PG for violence, and for sensitive storyline. 8)

*If you decide to post anything, Your post may conflict with the original storyline.

*If y'all want to add, private message me first. You are more than welcome to add your character to it if it is needed only... :wink:

*Take Care! Have a Great Day & Night!

Little Red Vicki

Thursday, July 28, 1983

BALLADEER: Friends & neighbors, you're about to witness a certain redhead making a change in her life as she leaves her past behind in Hazzard County and starts a new life in Chickasaw County.

It all starts as Vicki was up early packing her suitcase as the sun starts to come up.

It was a beautiful summer morning in Hazzard County.

But to Vicki, it would be the last morning that she would ever see in this county, or so she thinks anyway. She just accepted a full-time position with the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Little had decided to train Vicki into taking over for him when he retires.

What Vicki didn't know that this was one day that she will not forget for a while...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm glad that I'd decided to stay here at Lulu's house instead of going home after my farewell party," thought Vicki as she was packing her suitcase.

She had most of her personal possessions already in Chickasaw County at the Boarding House, but she still had a few things to pack

in storage, including several pictures that she was thinking about throwing away.

As Vicki continued packing, Lulu & her mother Mary walked into the bedroom.

Slightly startled, Vicki smiled briefly to Lulu and her mother Mary.

"Good morning, honey," said Mary as she walked into the guest bedroom.

"Aren't you up a little early?" asked Lulu then added, "The only time you get up this early is if you have to go out on patrol."

"No, not really. I never did go to bed last night," said Vicki, slightly grouchy as she continued to pack things into her suitcase.

Lulu & Mary noticed that there were circles under Vicki's blue-gray eyes.

"Honey, I heard you crying your eyes out after you got home last night," said Lulu as she gave Vicki a hug.

"Are you all right, sweetie?" asked Mary worriedly as she gives Vicki a comforting hug.

"Not really. But I'll be fine as soon as I get out of Hazzard County," said Vicki as she continued packing.

Opening a box, Vicki threw a stackful of pictures inside.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LittleRedVicki on 2002-05-01 13:06 ]</font>

Mary frowned as she noticed a stackful of pictures in a box. "Are you going to throw those pictures away?" Most of the pictures were of Vicki & her friends.

Vicki glanced at the pictures as she continued packing. "I kept a few, Mom. I have some pictures of you & Dad, Pam & Shawn at their ranch in Oklahoma, Lulu & JD, and some of Rosco with Enos & Cletus, and of Rosco with his cousins. I also kept a few pictures of Cooter & his cousins, and some of Emma with her family."

Lulu picked up a picture off the bed. It was an older picture of Vicki with Boss Hogg's nephew, Hughie. It was taken several years back. She noticed that Hughie had his arm around her. "Honey, when was this picture taken?"

Vicki glanced at the picture. She noticed that Hughie had a police uniform on. "I'm not really sure, Lulu. But I think that it was taken when Rosco was away at the police academy."

"Oh, I remember that picture now. JD was telling me about that day. He said that you & Hughie were scheming everyone in Hazzard County with your car stripping operation.

If I remember right, you & Hughie were then trying to get Bo & Luke Duke into trouble," said Lulu in shock, remembering that wild Valentine's Day.

She remembered the wild streak that Vicki had back then.

Vicki looked at the picture again & sighed. She saw a twinkle in Hughie's blue eyes.

She also remembered that she had a second picture of that day hidden away in her wallet. It was a picture that her friends took at their hideout right before they were arrested.

Vicki smiled at Lulu. "Our plan didn't work though. Our car-stripping scheme backfired when Hughie & I had to end up arresting my car-stripping friends for kidnapping Bo Duke in the end."

"Honey, you were just as mean as JD back then. I'm glad that you've changed since then," said Lulu, giving Vicki a hug.

Vicki smiled at Lulu as she put the picture of her & Hughie into her purse.

Mary picked up the pictures out of the wastebasket. One of the pictures was a wedding picture, taken not too long ago.

"Vicki, these pictures are of Jesse & his family."

"So what," said Vicki sarcastically as she walked over to the window then added, "They are now part of my past. I don't want to have anything to do with them for a while."

Mary & Lulu both frowned at Vicki. "Honey, you're just upset. I don't think that you really mean that," said Lulu as she gave a trembling Vicki a hug.

"Yeah," said Mary as she gave Vicki a hug then added, "I think that you're only mad for what Bo did to you by going back out on the NASCAR circuit."

Vicki looked out the window and sighed loudly. "Mom, I'm not really mad at Bo anymore. We talked for a long time before he left 2 months ago. He apologized to me for deciding to go back to racing as soon as we got back from our vacation. All he told me that he wanted me to have everything. But all I wanted was his love. He left before I had a chance to tell him that."

Vicki continued on as the tears was falling down her face. "That was when he told me that he was going back out on the NASCAR circuit for the summer. I was mad at first until he asked me to go with him. At the time, he told me that he wanted us to get re-married. I was in shock after that."

"Then what happened, honey?" asked Lulu as she walked over to the bed and sat down next to Vicki.

Vicki wiped her tears before she continued.

"I knew that I couldn't quit my job right now since I now started working full-time as a Chickasaw County deputy. So I told Bo that I would think about it for a while."

Lulu puts her hand on Vicki's shoulder, comforting her. "Is your relationship with Bo over?"

"I really don't know, Lulu. I still have strong feelings for Bo that I can't get over," said Vicki as she looked at that wedding picture again.

"Honey, do you still love Bo?" asked Mary as handed Vicki some duct tape.

"Well," said Vicki as she put the duct tape into her suitcase then added, "We had a long talk right before Bo left a couple of months ago. I told him to follow his dreams, and he told me that he would always love me and that I would always be in his dreams. I remember crying the rest of the night after he left my driveway. I was so heartbroken."

Mary spoke up a few minutes later as she walked over to Vicki. "Honey, I don't think that you should shut out Jesse, Daisy, Luke, and Bo out of your life. They were a huge part of the family, and still is a part of the family."

"Maybe you're right, mom," said Vicki as she gave her mother a hug.

Lulu added. "Vicki, you & Jesse had quite a few good talks in the past...You & Daisy were close friends. You two loved to go shopping with me...When Bo left for the NASCAR circuit, Luke would come over just to see if you were okay, and take you on short drives just to talk. When you & Bo were together, Boss & Rosco were always schemeing to keep you two apart."

Vicki laughed. "Yeah, it seems like Boss & Rosco enjoyed keeping Bo & I apart."

Vicki shuts the box full of pictures. "I guess that I'll take these pictures with me."

"That's my girl. You can't stay mad at them forever," said Mary with a smile as she gave her daughter a hug.

"I may not be mad at my friends, but I can stay mad at Bo," thought Vicki with a tear in her eye as she shuts her suitcase. :cry:

About 15 minutes later, Vicki walked down the stairs at Lulu's house, carrying a small box full of pictures and a suitcase.

"Honey, are you sure that you can't stay any longer?" asked Lulu as she followed Vicki outside the house.

"I'm sorry, Lulu. I can't," said Vicki as she looked at her watch then added as she opened her passenger car door, "I promised Sheriff Little that I would be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse before noon today."

"Sweetie, you can't leave Hazzard County with a proper send off," said Rosco as he walked up to Vicki and gave her a hug.

Vicki looked at Rosco with tears rolling down her face. "Are you going to be all right here without me?"

"We'll be fine, honey. After all, I have Enos & Cletus here to take over your job for good," said Rosco, smiling at Vicki.

"Are you sure?" asked Vicki, wiping her tears with a handkerchief.

"Buzzard's on a Buzzsaw, Little Red! Don't worry about us!" said Cletus, giving Vicki a friendly hug then added, "We're going to be just fine. After all, I can chase Coy & Vance Duke around Hazzard when they get here."

Vicki smiled at Cletus after that remark.

Vicki looked at her watch. "I guess I do need to leave. Its almost an hour drive to Chickasaw from here."

Mary smiled at her daughter. "Honey, will you call me when you get to Chickasaw?"

"Sure, Mom," said Vicki, getting into her black mustang convertible then added, "I'll see y'all later."

"Bye, honey," said Mary, leaning down inside the window to give Vicki a hug.

"Lulu, thanks for letting me stay here last night," said Vicki, waving at Lulu.

"You're welcome, honey. Come & see me anytime," said Lulu, waving at Vicki.

"Don't worry, Lulu. I'll still be around," said Vicki, smiling at Lulu as she noticed that Rosco walked over to her.

"Vicki, we'll follow you to the County line," said Rosco as he & Cletus were getting into the patrol car.

As Vicki pulled away from Lulu's & Boss's house in tears, she knew that this would be the last time for a while that she would be in Hazzard County.

Watching from the Garage, Cooter & Luke knew that Vicki would not be in Hazzard anymore for a while...

Luke glanced at Vicki as the 2 cars drive by Cooter's Garage a few minutes later. He then walked outside the Garage as Vicki pulled her car up to get some gas.

"Hey, Little Red. I'd figure that you would be in Chickasaw County by now," said Luke as he approached Vicki, who was getting gas for her car.

"Hi, Luke. I just stopped for some gas, so I wouldn't have to do it later," said Vicki, smiling at Luke as she put the nozzle into her gas tank.

"How are you doing this morning?" asked Luke as he noticed that Vicki had been crying earlier then added as he gave her a hug, "Are you all right, sugar?"

"Luke, I'm sorry. I'm not feeling real good right now. I just about threw every picture of me & Bo away, until my mom stopped me," said Vicki as she looked away from Luke.

Luke smiled slightly at Vicki.

"Sugar, Bo did the same thing, until I stopped him. He told me that he still had strong feelings for you, even though y'all separated a couple of months ago, due to Bo racing this summer on the NASCAR circuit."

"His feelings are still that strong about me?" asked Vicki in shock to Luke as she wiped the tears away with a handkerchief.

"Yeah, he told me not very long ago that he still loves you very much."

Vicki felt a tear fall down her face.

"Sometimes, I wish that it would work out between us. We have only been married for a year, and it would have been our 3rd anniversary together as a couple."

Luke put his arm around Vicki's shoulder comforting her. "Sugar, I remember when y'all got married. Y'all married right after you & Bo captured Jasper Johnston & his gang. I think that it was when you were working undercover with the FBI as a bank robber."

"Yeah...that was a day that I don't want to ever forget."

Vicki gave Luke a hug, then began to clean her windows on her car.

"That was the only time in my career as a police officer that I was working undercover for the FBI as a crook."

"But it worked out in the end," added Luke as he smiled at Vicki.

"Yeah," said Vicki as she smiled slightly at Luke then added, "It was one of the best days of my life, until Bo left me a couple of months ago to go back out on the NASCAR circuit."

The 2 friends continued to talk for the next few minutes as Rosco walked over to them. "Honey, are you done filling up?" asked Rosco.

"Just about, Rosco," said Vicki smiling at him.

"Luke, how is everything at the farm?" asked Rosco. "Just fine, Rosco. We'll have more help coming this afternoon after I go pick up Coy & Vance up at the airport," said Luke then added, "They're going to help Uncle Jesse & I run the farm, since Bo won't be around much, and that Daisy is on vacation with Enos right now."

"I haven't seen Coy & Vance in a while," said Vicki, smiling at Luke then added, "Why don't you bring them into Chickasaw to see me." "Sure, Little Red. We'll come by and see you on our way home," said Luke, smiling at Vicki. "Well, I have seen Coy just about every weekend for the last month," though Vicki to herself.

"Honey, make sure that you stop them for speeding," said Rosco laughing.

Vicki giggled at her uncle. "I probably won't unless Luke gives me a reason too."

Luke rolled his eyes :roll: at Vicki and laughed. "We'll see about that, LIttle Red."

As Vicki finished getting gas, Cooter walked over to her. "Little Red, if you have any problems with your car, call me and I'll take a look at it," he said as he gave Vicki a hug then added after looking at the gas pump, "You owe me $11.00 for gas."

Vicki handed Cooter $15.00 dollars and smiled. "Cooter, after all you did for me in the past, you can keep the change."

"Thanks, Little Red," said Cooter, grinning at Vicki then added, "Take It Easy."

"I will, Cooter. Thanks for everything, y'all," said Vicki smiling brightly at her friends as she pulled her mustang away from the garage.

About 30 minutes later, Vicki pulls the black mustang across the Chickasaw County line. As she crosses the line, a newer Black Chevy Bronco starts to follow right behind her.

Looking into the rear view mirror, Vicki recognizes the SUV immediately then pulls over to the side of the road. "I'd figure that he would find me before I got to town" she thought as she was getting out of her car.

"Princess!" said Hughie Hogg excitedly as he gave Vicki a hug then added, "You're out of Hazzard County finally!"

"Sweet sugar," said Vicki, smiling at Hughie then added, "You mean that I'm out of Hazzard County for good!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hughie excitedly held Vicki for the longest time as they were sitting in the backseat of Vicki's black mustang. Vicki sighed loudly as she laid her head on Hughie's shoulder.

"Princess, do you want me to hold you forever?" murmured Hughie against Vicki's auburn red hair.

"More than anything," said Vicki, sighing loudly.

As they pulled apart, Hughie stared long into Vicki's blue-gray eyes.

"What's wrong?" asked Vicki looking into Hughie's blue eyes as a stray tear fell down his face.

"Princess, do you know that I have been so happy since you decided to permantently move to Chickasaw County," said Hughie, as he pulled Vicki into his arms. He then started lightly kissing her cheek.

"What do you mean?" asked Vicki.

"Vicki, ever since you moved out of Hazzard County 3 months ago, I have been so happy; especially having you for a friend." said Hughie, giving Vicki a hug.

Vicki felt tears of happiness well up in her eyes as she pulled away from him. "I know, Hughie. This is the 1st time that I have felt this happy, and this comfortable with you."

"And I feel the same way about you. You're the only girl I know that understands me," said Hughie, grinning at Vicki.

"And you're the only one that I can talk to when I feeling sad." said Vicki, giggling as Hughie started swinging her around right in the middle of the road.

"Vicki, of course I'll listen to you. I'm here to make you feel happy again."

Pulling a small silver box out of the pocket of his jeans, Hughie smiled brightly at Vicki. "I have something, that I've been meaning to give you for the last few weeks."

Vicki opened the box and smiled. Inside the box was a silver locket. "It's beautiful," said Vicki as she took the locket out of the box then added "Would you like to put it on me?"

"Princess, with pleasure," said Hughie as he clasps the lock behind Vicki's neck then added, "I had this locket remade for you. Look on the back of it." Vicki turned the locket over. The back was engraved with only 3 words: My Sweet Princess.

"This locket is so beautiful, Thank you," said Vicki as a tear falls down her face.

Hughie gently brushes the tear away with thumb. "No, thank you, for being my friend forever."

"Let's head towards town to drop my car off at the police station. Then you can take me out for lunch," said Vicki.

"Okay, Vicki," said Hughie as he opens the driver's door for Vicki.

Vicki smiles back at Hughie in the rearview mirror a few minutes later. She realizes then how much Hughie Hogg is now a part of her life, even though part of her heart still belongs to Bo Duke. :)

About 30 minutes later, Vicki pulls her car up in front of the Chickasaw County Courthouse as well as Hughie Hogg in his Chevy Bronco.

Katie Williams, Vicki's best friend from high school walked out to meet the couple. "Vicki, how did it go leaving Hazzard County this morning?"

Vicki smiled at Katie as she was getting out of her car. "Well, it went a lot better after I left Hazzard County."

Katie giggled to Hughie, who sneaked up behind Vicki, taking the boxes away from her then added, "Hey, Hughie. I noticed that you can't keep your hands off my best friend."

"Not when I'm crazy about her," said Hughie laughing as he took the boxes and started walking across the street over to the Boarding House.

Vicki sighed loudly as she watched Hughie walk across the street.

Vicki sighed happily as she watched Hughie walk across the street into the Boarding House.

"Vicki, are you all right?" asked Katie as she noticed her friend with a dreamy expression on her face.

"I don't know. I think that I feel happy right now," said Vicki giggling slightly.

"Is it because "Big Ed" is letting you run Chickasaw County now? Or is it because of Hughie?" asked Katie giggling.

Before Vicki could answer, Vance Duke yelled out the driver's side window of the General Lee as they passed by the Chickasaw County Deputies, "Hey! Little Red! Do you want to chase me again?"

BALLADEER: Y'all, I hope that the redhead is in a good mood! Wait until she sees who is in the backseat of the General Lee with Luke! I'd bet that it makes her blood start boiling!

• 3 weeks later...

Katie looked wide-eyed at Vance. "He's handsome," she thought then added to Vicki, "Who's that driving the General Lee? It's certainly not Bo & Luke!"

"That's some old friends of mine, they are also my cousin-in-laws Coy & Vance Duke," said Vicki giggling as she yelled back at Vance, "You're on! I bet that I can catch you now!"

Coy Duke hollered out the General, "How about a race then, Little Red? I want to see if you are really as good as you used to be when you used to chase us!"

Vicki giggled as she & Katie were getting into her patrol car. She then picked up the CB mike. "You guys sure haven't changed much since the last time I saw y'all! We'll race to the Chickasaw/Hazzard County line and if I win, y'all have to spend the night in handcuffs at the Chickasaw County Jail for speeding, evading police officers, and for reckless driving."

"We'll see about that, Little Red," said Vance, laughing into the CB mike then added to Coy and Luke as they were heading out of town, "Is she bluffing?"

"I don't think so, cousin! I think that she's serious!" said Coy as he looked back at the speeding patrol car.

"No way! She knows all these back roads like a book!" said Luke.

"Yeah, only because I taught her every shortcut here in Chickasaw County and in Hazzard County," said Bo sarcastically then added as he looked behind him at the speeding patrol car, "If she recognizes me in here with y'all, we're all in big trouble! Step on it, Vance! She's gaining on us!"

"Sure thing, Bo," said Vance as he stepped on the gas.

Bo looked behind him as Vicki lightly nudged her patrol car into the back of the General Lee. He knew then that this wasn't the best time to come home to talk to the rebellious redhead... :-?

"Katie, does Big Ed know what we're doing right now?" asked Vicki as she speeded her patrol car up a little more.

"No, Why?" asked Katie as she glanced in front of her at the fleeing General Lee.

"Well, we better call him. I don't want him to be surprised when I haul 3 Duke Boys off to jail in handcuffs," said Vicki giggling meanly as she picked up the CB mike then added, "This is LadyRed calling Chickasaw Terror, are you there, Sheriff? Come back!"

**BALLADEER: Y'all, things aren't looking to good! Can you believe that this wild redhead is as mean as Sheriff Little?? :o

Near Mountain Creek Lake, Sheriff "Big Ed" Little picks up the CB mike.

"Good Afternoon, LadyRed. What's up? Come back."

"Hi, Sheriff. I was just going to tell you that I'm chasing the Duke Boys as we speak," said Vicki into the CB mike.

"That's good, little lady. You've gotten really good at chasing those Duke boys, and catching them too!" said Sheriff Little laughing into the CB mike then added, "Where are you at right now?"

"I'm about 5 miles north of Chickasaw on Highway 411," said Vicki into the CB mike.

"Vicki, do you want me to set up a road block?" asked Sheriff Little.

"No, I think that I'm going to be just fine chasing them, besides I have Katie riding with me," said Vicki with a smile.

"That's good, little lady. I know that you ladies can handle them now," said Sheriff Little with a laugh.

"Thanks, Sheriff. As we speak, I'm bumping my patrol car into the General Lee's back bumper, trying to force them off the road," said Vicki, frowning as she noticed Vance Duke speeding the General up a little more.

Sheriff Little laughed into the CB mike. "Vicki, you're becoming just as mean as me. I love that new aggressive attitude that you have!"

"Thanks Sheriff, Hold on for a minute," said Vicki, taking her gun out of her purse as she was driving. She then fired a shot towards the General's tires. BANG!!

In the General Lee, Bo's dark blue eyes lit up a little after hearing Vicki's beautiful, but furious voice. "How is she going to feel when she sees me again?" thought Bo, looking behind him as Vicki fired a shot towards them...

In the General Lee, Vance started moving all over the road from trying not to get shot by the redhead Chickasaw County deputy.

Vicki fired again towards the General's tires. BANG!!

"Wow! She has really changed!" said Coy as he glanced back at the speeding patrol car.

"You're telling me, cousin! She's as mean as Sheriff Little!" said Vance, swerving across the road.

"She seemed all right to me this morning when I was talking to her," said Luke, looking back at the patrol car then added, "What has gotten into her??"

Vicki frowned as she noticed that Vance was speeding the General away from her. "That's very typical of a Duke," she muttered angrily then added, "It makes me think that it might be Bo driving up there instead of Vance!"

"Vicki, you shouldn't say that! You're still a Duke! You used to drive like that when I was chasing you on your day off," said Katie.

"Yeah, that was several months ago when I was still with Bo before he left to go back out on the NASCAR circuit!" said Vicki angrily as she followed Vance as he turned onto Silver Creek Road.

"Oh...now I know why you moved out of Hazzard. To get away from your broken heart," asked Katie, looking at her best friend.

"Bo is the main reason for my broken heart...maybe if he wouldn't have went out on the NASCAR circuit, we would still be together..." thought Vicki as she wiped a tear away from her face.

"Even though sweet Hughie is helping me forget about my past, I will always have a broken heart."

"But all Hughie is to you is a good friend," said Katie, putting a hand on her friend's arm, trying to comfort her. "Yeah, we listen to each other's problems, and we share a good friendship," said Vicki, sighing loudly.

"But you still have feelings for him," said Katie, looking into the backseat of the General as Vicki was pulling up next to them.

"Feelings for who?" asked Vicki, smiling meanly at Vance as she pulled side-by-side up next to him.

"For him," said Katie, pointing into the backseat of the General.

Vicki gasped in shock, staring into Bo's dark blue eyes as she forces the General Lee off the road... :p

"Katie, I don't know exactly how I feel right now," said Vicki as she was looking in her rear view mirror as she was taking off her seatbelt.

"LittleRed, I can see it in your eyes. You do still have feelings for him. In fact, I think that you still love Bo," said Katie as she opened her car door.

Vicki glanced away from Katie. "I don't know, Katie. I am still pretty angry with Bo about what he did to me a few months ago."

"We'll talk more later, Vicki," said Katie with a smile.

"Okay," said Vicki, sighing loudly.

"Yep, Vicki still have feelings for him. I can see it through her sad eyes," thought Katie, smiling slightly then added to Vicki, changing the subject, "How many sets of handcuffs do you have? All I have is two sets with me."

Vicki searched her patrol car. In the back seat she found 1 set of handcuffs and a thin long chain. "Just one set, Katie. But I found some chains."

"A chain! What are we going to do with that chain?" asked Katie as she got out of the patrol car with her gun ready.

"I have a pretty good idea on WHO I'm going to use it on," said Vicki, smiling meanly at Katie as she was dangling the chain in her hand.

In the General Lee, Bo was staring at Vicki out of the backseat as she & Katie was walking slowly towards them. "She still looks beautiful. Maybe I can talk her out of taking me to jail," he thought with a shock smile then added to Coy & Vance, "Y'all, we better get out. No telling what those ladies will do if we don't!"

"Let's try to out run her! That little redhead can't catch us!" said Coy, laughing as he was getting out of the General.

"Cousin," said Vance, placing his hand on Coy's arm, stopping him then added, "I don't think that she is the same little girl that we once played around with. She looks pretty mean to me! We better get out!"

"Yeah, we have no choice now anyway! She shot out our back tire!" said Luke.

"Maybe I can talk that beautiful deputy out of taking us to jail," said Bo as he was climbing out of the General.

"Bo, I don't think that it is a good idea. She is still mad at you," said Luke, putting a hand on his cousin's arm.

"Luke, once I talk to Vicki about the reason why I'm back here, maybe she won't decide to take us to jail!" said Bo as he was walking over towards Vicki & Katie with his arms raised in the air...

• 2 weeks later...

"Katie, I don't feel too good," moaned Vicki as she & Katie were walking towards the General Lee slowly.

Katie gasped in shock at Vicki as she noticed the redhead turning very pale.

"Vicki! Are you all right? You're white as a sheet!"

"I don't know, Katie. Everything is spinning. I'm feeling real lightheaded all of a sudden."

"Oh, no!!" said Katie, alarmed at the sudden change in events then added, "We've got to get you to a doctor!"

"Katie, I'll be fine in a minute," said Vicki, breathing deeply.

"Hi, Ladies. What's going on??" asked Luke as he, Coy, Vance, and Bo walked over to Katie and a trembling Vicki.

"Nothing much, Luke," said Katie with a smile then added, "Unless you want to count us taking y'all to the Chickasaw Jail!"

Luke laughed at Katie's remark. "Sounds like fun after y'all help us fix this tire!"

While Katie was talking to Luke, Vicki was staring shyly at Coy & Vance.

"Vicki, Bo was right! You have changed a lot since the last time I saw you!" said Vance as he hugged the redhead then added, "You're one heck of a deputy to pull us over like that!"

"Sheriff Little must really depend on y'all! Y'all are too beautiful to be deputies," said Coy, grinning at Katie & Vicki. He then added to Vicki, "I guess that you can't chase me anymore like you did when we were kids!"

Vicki giggled at Coy as Bo approached them, then she moaned, clutching her stomach.

"Vicki, long time no see! Are you all right??" asked Bo, as he noticed that she was swaying a little.

"I don't feel too good...Everything is turning black..." said the redhead, moaning.

"Sweet Angel, are you okay?" asked Bo.

Barely hearing what Bo said, Vicki fainted directly into his arms.

"Sweet Angel! NO!!!" said Bo, frantically then hollered at Luke, "Luke, call Sheriff Little on the CB! Vicki's fainted!" :cry:

"Bo! What happened to Vicki?" asked Luke as he & Katie rushed over to where Bo was kneeling on the ground, holding an unconscious Vicki in his arms.

"I don't know, Luke! One minute she was talking to Coy & Vance, and the next minute, she fainted in my arms," said Bo worriedly as he showered Vicki's face with kisses then added, "Sweet Angel, please wake up! Don't die on me!!"

"Y'all, the ambulance is on the way here! And I also called Rosco & Sheriff Little on the CB. They're going to meet us at the hospital," said Katie, looking worriedly at her friends then added, "I hope that Little Red will be all right!"

"I'm sure that she will be all right," said Luke, smiling slightly at Katie.

"How can you be so sure about that?" asked Vance as he & Coy walked over to them.

"Vicki is about as white as your shirt, Luke!" said Coy worriedly as he watched Bo holding his young wife.

Luke looked at Vicki's face. "Yeah, and that's not good either. I wonder what is wrong with her? She seemed fine this morning when I was talking to her..."

Bo looked around, then looked at his watch. "Where are the ambulances? They should have been here by now! Vicki's pulse is getting weaker!"

BALLADEER: I wonder what happened to the redhead? Could she have fainted at the sight of seeing her husband for the 1st time in 2 months?

Or was it something else?? Only time will tell!! :o:(

Moaning, Vicki shifted a little as Bo held her. "Sh...honey, don't move. The ambulance is on its way here."

"I'm all right," said Vicki as she tried to sit up then added moaning, "I'm so dizzy...Why is my head spinning so bad?"

"I don't know, honey," said Bo worriedly, looking around, hoping that the ambulance would get to them soon.

"Something's wrong..." said Vicki, her voice drifting off, then added as she turned her head towards Bo "Everything is turning black...I love you, I don't want you to fade away from me..."

Vicki then blacked out again.

"Oh, Lord, NO!!" said Bo in a fearful voice as he picked Vicki up off the ground and started carrying her towards the General Lee.

"What's going on??" asked Luke in a worried voice to Bo as he watched his cousin carry Vicki in his arms.

"Luke!" said Bo in a fearful voice. "Help me get Vicki into the General carefully. We've got to get her to the hospital! She came to for a minute, but she fainted again and I can't wake her up!"

"You got it, cousin! Don't you worry, we'll get her there!" said Luke as he & Bo carefully put the unconscious redhead in the backseat of the General.

"Luke!" said Katie excitedly as she watched him head towards the driver's side of the General then added, "How's Vicki?"

Luke's face looked quite grim. "Not real good. She came to for a minute, then she fainted again. I think that she went into shock. Since the ambulance isn't here, we're going to take Vicki to the hospital in Capital City ourselves."

"Oh, my gosh!" said Katie excitedly then added to Coy & Vance, "Come on, fellas. We're going to the hospital."

"Why?" asked Coy as he was getting into the backseat of the Chickasaw County patrol car.

"Because, your cousin-in-law, my best friend just went into severe shock, and they need a police escort!" said Katie worriedly.

"Oh, Lord! Poor Little Red! And all I wanted was for her to race us!" said Coy worriedly.

"She'll have to race us later, cousin," said Vance as he opened the driver's side of the patrol car then added to Katie, "Since our cousin's life is at stake, let me drive. I can get us there in a hurry!"

"Sure, Vance! And I'll call Sheriff Little, Rosco, and even Hughie Hogg on the CB and tell them the bad news about Vicki!" said Katie as she picked up the CB mike then added, "Breaker, Breaker. Anyone out there on the police channel? We have an officer down! Y'all please come back! This is Urgent!!"

"Speedqueen, what do you mean that we have an officer down?" asked Sheriff Little into the CB mike as he turned onto Highway 76 North.

"Sheriff, as me & Vicki were getting ready to arrest all 4 Duke boys, Vicki started staggering quite a bit. She kept saying that she was getting lightheaded & dizzy," said Katie worriedly into the CB.

"Then what happened?" asked Rosco as he got in on the conversation as he & Cletus were heading towards the Chickasaw County line then added, "What is this about Vicki getting hurt?"

"Rosco! Thank goodness that your on! Your god-daughter collasped when we were about to arrest all 4 Duke boys out just north of Mountain Creek Lake near the Hachapee County line," said Katie, letting out a sigh.

Katie continued on. "When we walked up to the Dukes, I asked Vicki if she was all right, and she said that she was fine, so I left her talking to Coy & Vance while I was talking to Luke."

"She was fine then?" asked Sheriff Little. "Well, Sheriff, maybe for a few minutes. When Bo walked up to her, Vicki started breathing heavily, and then she fainted," said Katie, worriedly.

"Good Lord! Poor Princess!" said Hughie Hogg in shock as he butted into the conversation then added, "Sheriff Little or Rosco, I want y'all to arrest all those Dukes! They have put Vicki into the hospital!" "We'll see about that, Hughie!" said Sheriff Little.

"I have to go, y'all! I think that we have finally caught up with the ambulance! Meet us Capital City Medical Center as soon as y'all can!" said Katie into the CB mike as she watched 2 EMTs rushing over to get an unconscious Vicki out of the General Lee...