Loretta Lynn

RogerDuke

As I'm typing this I'm also watching "Coal Miner's Daughter" on CMT.

It's been a few years since I've last seen it.

If any of you have never seen it, you're really missing an amazing story.

I was a big Loretta Lynn fan even before she made her appearance on the Dukes of Hazzard but after she was on the show, she quickly became my all-time favorite female country music singer and still is to this day.

She's really had an amazing life and is worthy of our admiration and respect. She did such a great job as an actress on the Dukes I wonder why she never did more of that kind of work. I suppose she made more money in music and I suspect she enjoyed it more than acting.

If anybody hasn't seen "Coal Miner's Daughter" and reads this post soon, it will be rerun on CMT on Sunday (June 13) at 3:00 pm. Just a warning, some of the material isn't suitable for children.

• 7 months later...
Here's a cool thing about the movie.....

they mention Hazard.....

Hazard Kentucky that is.....

home of the HazzardNet's Lori Davenport.

I saw it again last night. It seems like it's been longer than 7 months since I saw it last but I'm sure the date here is accurate.

I just love hearing Hazard Kentucky mentioned.

In the part of the movie where it's mentioned, Loretta hadn't become a superstar yet. I bet at that point in her life she never imagined she's someday be the queen of country music appearing on the king of all television shows.

Loretta is a living legend and I see she's still touring despite being 78 years old. I have so much respect and admiration for her. She's beautiful in every way. I'm so thankful that my favorite female singer had an entire episode dedicated to her on my favorite show.