Odd Idea (Fanfiction Theme songs)

pendragon1980

When I'm writing my fiction, I listen to a song or a set of songs to set the "mood" of the story. Sometimes I think this is lost when I write. Sometimes I try to incorporate as the title of the fanfiction.

Would putting the story's "themesong" into the first post be an odd idea? Or would that help help the mood of the story?

Pendragon

Edited by pendragon1980

I do the same thing when I write. I had an English teacher that encouraged the use of music in our writing. When we handed in a story or poem to him, we had to hand in a playlist as well. (What he did with it, I have no idea). I find that having a playlist or soundtrack to write to helps me out with writer's block and gives me inspiration for character motivation and plot.

I don't think that would be weird at all. I do it a lot in my writing to set the mood. A lot of times I will put like a little prologue to the story that is lyrics from a song or a few lines from a poem. I think that it is a strategy that if used properly can definitely add to a story.

Hey!

This isn't an uncommon or wierd thing to do at all! On Fanfiction. net there are plenty of writers who incorporate songs into their stories, some even put the lyrics of the song into the story IE, they'll write a few paragraphs of the story then underneath they'll type out the lyrics that fit with it underneath.

This has been done a fair bit and its always nice to see someone's inspiration. Adds a whole nother depth to the story too if your reader knows the song you're talking about!

Good Luck with it!

x