Theme song in movie?

What the heck? I say keep the same original theme song! Afterall, to this very day, "Good 'ol Boys" is Waylon Jennings' best selling single! However, if they must have to have the song re-recorded, they really should let Willie Nelson record it. Aside from being in the movie, remember, Willie was one of the original "Outlaws" as well. I just think "Good 'Ol Boys" wouldn't quite have the same feel with one of country music newer stars performing it

GADuke01

I don't know if this is true or not so someone help me out. There is the rumor out there that Kid Rock is someone that might do the theme song. Apparently, he's been playing a cover of it at his concerts recently. Has anyone else heard this? I'm not sure how crazy I am about this. I agree with the previous post that Willie should be singing it. By the way, this is my first post here and I love the site!

Howdy, Clay! Welome to HazzardNet. Glad you like it!

About the theme song...I hate to bring up the cash register motive of WB, but they'll have anybody sing anything, so long as it sells the soundtrack.

And since Kid Rock has done a duet with Shania, and Tim McGraw is rappin' along with...Nelly or whoever, nothin' would surprise me anymore. So long as the musicians are signing the theme song because they dig the Dukes, that's awright with me.

I suppose by the end of the movie, they'll all join in one big chorus, kind of like a massive "We Are the World" tune where every singer gets at least one solo line. Heh heh!

Brian

I was just watching E! and they had an interview with Jessica Simpson. She said she would be recording songs for the soundtrack. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? She is not even a country singer. The movie and the show is the epitome of Southern and country life. The soundtrack should include COUNTRY singers; someone like Jessi Colter should be on the soundtrack. Thats just my opinion of the soundtrack.

Kid Rock may just do the theme song for the movie....He is a big Dukes fan like us and he does own a General Lee.......I saw it on TV. So most likely if hes singing "good ol' boys" at his concerts...he might be running it by his audience to see how they react to it....so I say its highly possible that Kid will do the theme song....take care ya'll

I highly doubt Michael Snipe or whatever his name is of REM would want to be caught dead recording the theme from the Dukes of Hazzard. This is the same guy who considers the Beatles to be "elevator music."

U2.... I've dug this band since the mid-80's but I can't see them doing the song either. Not exactly Bono's style. LOL

Can't comment on Counting Crows. I think I only know one song by them and I don't know the title (Hard to Handle? Maybe this was done by the Black Crows? Gahh... LOL)

Like Brian said before, WB is gonna use singers that are gonna sell the album (Kid Rock is a strong possibilty). And if Simpson is recording songs for the soundtrack....................

Anyway. ROFL

However, I do agree that a very healthy dose of country music must be in this soundtrack. Preferrably a Waylon inspired type artist. For that I've got two words for ya: TRAVIS TRITT!! ;)

Ok, that's my two cents. LOL

In all respect,they can still use waylons theme song of good ole boys for the movie! Any other voice would be just a sin!

The theme song of waylon is like the flag on the general lee,you can't take one without the other!

Since waylon is no longer with us,why not have willie nelson narate the movie!?