Black Friday Tragedy

Redneck girl 01

Howdy Y'all...today is the day after black friday and the swarms of people shoppin...it went a little too far in Long Island...A man was trampled to death after the doors opened...people just kept runnin him over and they didn't stop...they knocked a pregnant woman to the ground, and she hadda go to the hospital and three other people had injuries...if ya wanna read more here are the links on it:

http://wcbstv.com/local/walmart.worker.trampled.2.875747.html

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-limart1129,0,7044659,print.story

Anyways in my opinion there ain't nothin in this world that is worth that...Can't people be civilized! Heck I dont care bout a lil push n shovin but when you run people over and dont help em back up to the point they are killed there is NO sense in that...pretty dang pathetic....

Anyways I was just wonderin yer thoughts n opinions on it.

I guess that's what some of those folks mean when they shopping is an actual sport. I for one don't really care for it. I have no desire to wake up and be pounding on a door to a store at 4AM. I have better things to do at that time of day, like sleep.

I certainly hope that they got the people on video and prosecute some of them.

See, this is why I try to avoid shopping, or even leaving the house on black Friday - people lose their minds! My sister was telling me that two men killed each other in a Toys - R -Us somewhere on the west coast. Can you imagine being the child whose parent was killed or killed someone else over a stupid toy they thought you might want? Christmas would just never be the same again.

It's horrible. I can't imagine ever wanting a TickleMe Elmo so much I would kill someone over it! Or anything else for that matter.

I feel bad for the people having to work retail on Black Friday. Not only do they have to be out of bed to open the store at 4:00 or 5:00, but they face angry customers all day who are upset because they got up early only to find the store was out of what they came for...and then the workers get blamed.

I ventured to WalMart about 11:00 and found a couple wii games for my brother. Of course when I got to the cashier she was just leaving and I would have had to wait for someone to take her place...but she said that I was the first smiling, polite person she'd seen all day and would be happy to wait on me. So I thanked her for being there and wished her a Merry Christmas...

So all that to say my shopping tip this time of year: Be nice to the cashiers...yours might be the only smile they see that day.

I've been in the retail industry before. I have seen many a Black Friday. I've heard the horror stories about customers on Black Friday.

However, I've not only seen it in the papers at big city stores about things like the trampling in Long Island. I've also seen unruly customers punch my own kin who worked at the same store with me, on Black Friday, over a $20 television.

Yet, why?

I've always dreaded Black Friday. Yes, there are some good deals, but sometimes the most studious of shopper can find great deals any time of the year, not just Black Friday. It goes beyond just Black Friday and unruly customers. Something can be said about those who are unruly not just Black Friday but all year round. The papers don't ever show it but there are customers that get mean and nasty with retail staff, simply because they can't get what they want. Yes, there are bad retail workers too. Believe me. I've seen plenty of horrorible co-workers.

Point being, when you shop, especially durring the holidays make time for it. If you're in a hurry don't do your weekly grocery shopping. If you are in a hurry and need one or two things, get them but make sure you read signs carefully before taking items off shelves. Don't use the express line unless you're paying with cash or credit card, and have less than five items. Yes the sign says less than 10 but that's not really helpful to the cashiers. Be patient and considerate, some of the staff maybe new and not know all the protocols. Sometimes retail staff do or not say certain things for a reason. Keep this one thing in mind, retail store staff are not out to rip you off and have to earn a living too. Just because they don't give you the deal you want, there maybe a reason they can't. The profit margin may on be too narrow to give you that kind of deal.

I love shopping and don't discourage anyone from doing it. However, just keep a few things in mind, have some consideration, and you will have a happy holiday.