Honest Wildman Jack's Slightly Used Car Lot

"I know...It's just that well the tutor she has says Belle isn't doing any of her work and the stuff she does do isn't right and half the time Belle just stares out the window. I don't want her to go to public school but...I don't know what else to do if she asks to go." Lizzy says.

Daisy said "I know my kids are going to ask and I'm in the same boat of not knowing what to tell them."

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daisydukeXenosstrait

• LizzyJackson-Davenport

• Julieduke

Bo nods "Me too."

"Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast." Belle says as she races down the hall.

"Belle." Lizzy snaps.

"Sorry Mama." Belle says lowering her head.

"We need to talk."

"But I don't want to talk." Belle says. "I want breakfast."

"Annabelle." Lizzy warns. Belle swallows hard and walks to her chair at the table which is right next to the chair Lizzy's sitting in.

"I'm sorry Mom." Belle says softly. "Is this about Dad giving me all that sugar?"

"I wish it was baby. It's about you and your school work." Lizzy says.

"Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast." Belle says as she races down the hall.

"Belle." Lizzy snaps.

"Sorry Mama." Belle says lowering her head.

"We need to talk."

"But I don't want to talk." Belle says. "I want breakfast."

"Annabelle." Lizzy warns. Belle swallows hard and walks to her chair at the table which is right next to the chair Lizzy's sitting in.

"I'm sorry Mom." Belle says softly. "Is this about Dad giving me all that sugar?"

"I wish it was baby. It's about you and your school work." Lizzy says.

Belle sighed and said "Oh that....I'll try to do better."

Belle sighed and said "Oh that....I'll try to do better."

"I just want to know why you're so distracted." Lizzy says.

"I...I..." Belle looks down and tries not to cry. Lizzy looks at Bo then kneels next to Belle.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Lizzy asks.

"I don't understand." Belle cries.

"Understand what?" Lizzy asks glancing at Bo.

"Any of it. It's so hard Mommy. I don't know what to do. I try so hard but I don't understand it."

Lizzy pulls Belle into a hug and looks at Bo. What do I do? Lizzy mouths.

"I just want to know why you're so distracted." Lizzy says.

"I...I..." Belle looks down and tries not to cry. Lizzy looks at Bo then kneels next to Belle.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Lizzy asks.

"I don't understand." Belle cries.

"Understand what?" Lizzy asks glancing at Bo.

"Any of it. It's so hard Mommy. I don't know what to do. I try so hard but I don't understand it."

Lizzy pulls Belle into a hug and looks at Bo. What do I do? Lizzy mouths.

Bo said kneeling down and putting his hand on Belles and Lizzys shoulders "I don't know...But we'll figure it out."

Bo nods "Yes we will try our best."

Later that day Lizzy talks to the tutor. "She's so smart and she's got so much potential she just doesn't apply it. Look the stuff I'm giving her she's nine right?"

"Yeah."

"The stuff I'm giving her is first grade work. Stuff my six year old niece could do. I don't understand why she can't do it." The tutor says.

"Can I see some of her work?" Lizzy asks.

"Yeah here." Lizzy flips through the pages and sighs. "Look Liz, there's something I want you to consider."

"And what's that?"

"She may have ADD."

"You can't be serious."

"I've seen it with some of my other students. She can't pay attention and when she does its not for long. Lizzy look I understand you want to protect her but...something is going on." The tutor says.

"I'll see what I can do." Lizzy sighs.

Later that day Lizzy talks to the tutor. "She's so smart and she's got so much potential she just doesn't apply it. Look the stuff I'm giving her she's nine right?"

"Yeah."

"The stuff I'm giving her is first grade work. Stuff my six year old niece could do. I don't understand why she can't do it." The tutor says.

"Can I see some of her work?" Lizzy asks.

"Yeah here." Lizzy flips through the pages and sighs. "Look Liz, there's something I want you to consider."

"And what's that?"

"She may have ADD."

"You can't be serious."

"I've seen it with some of my other students. She can't pay attention and when she does its not for long. Lizzy look I understand you want to protect her but...something is going on." The tutor says.

"I'll see what I can do." Lizzy sighs.

The tutor nods.

The tutor nods.

After talking to a couple more people and then taking Belle to a doctor who confirmed nothing was wrong physically Lizzy takes Belle to a psychologist. After about an hour of talking the psychologist walks out. "She doesn't have ADD."

"Then what is it?"

"Is everything ok at home?"

"Everything's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Belle wants to go live with her father."

"What do you mean?"

"Belle tells me she lives with her mother and her step dad and she loves you both but she thinks maybe things will be better if she lived with her real dad."

"Thanks." Lizzy says. The psychologist nods and lets the pair leave.

"So did you figure out what's wrong?" Bo asks later that night.

"Belle wants to live with Matt." Lizzy says.

After talking to a couple more people and then taking Belle to a doctor who confirmed nothing was wrong physically Lizzy takes Belle to a psychologist. After about an hour of talking the psychologist walks out. "She doesn't have ADD."

"Then what is it?"

"Is everything ok at home?"

"Everything's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Belle wants to go live with her father."

"What do you mean?"

"Belle tells me she lives with her mother and her step dad and she loves you both but she thinks maybe things will be better if she lived with her real dad."

"Thanks." Lizzy says. The psychologist nods and lets the pair leave.

"So did you figure out what's wrong?" Bo asks later that night.

"Belle wants to live with Matt." Lizzy says.

Bo says "Is she unhappy here?"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.