A normal day in Hazzard?

i1976

Enos moaned rolling on his back.

Daisy shook him again, "Enos, sugar".

Finally Enos opened his eyes slowly, stirring. He looked around him a bit confused.

Daisy smiled, "You're at the farm. Do you remember, don't you?"

Enos stood up, yawning and stirring, "Yeah. I remember everything", he said, "unfortunately", he thought.

He rubbed his eyes, yawning again.

"Enos, go to wash your face. Breakfast is ready", Daisy gently put an hand on his shulder, smiling.

Enos nodded, so Daisy went back to the kitchen.

In the bathroom Enos washed his face trying to wake up. He looked in the mirror and he saw his tired face.

Daisy was at the table "im worryed about Enos i know i shouldnt be but it am"

Uncle Jesse said "Don't worry Daisy. Enos will be fine. He's only a bit tired".

Daisy nodded.

Enos came in the kitchen with a smile on his face (a smile different from his usual smiles, and the Dukes noticed that), "Good morning".

He sat at the table while everyone was looking at him silently.

Uncle Jesse broke the silence, "Well, I hope you like my breakfast, Enos".

Enos nodded, "For sure, uncle Jesse".

Uncle Jesse said "Don't worry Daisy. Enos will be fine. He's only a bit tired".

Daisy nodded.

Enos came in the kitchen with a smile on his face (a smile different from his usual smiles, and the Dukes noticed that), "Good morning".

He sat at the table while everyone was looking at him silently.

Uncle Jesse broke the silence, "Well, I hope you like my breakfast, Enos".

Enos nodded, "For sure, uncle Jesse".

Daisy smiled at Enos but still silently worried in which Enos noticed this at once

Enos ate breakfast silently.

Then he stood up, "Thank you for breakfast, uncle Jesse, ... and thank you for everything. Now I have to go. I think Rosco is waiting for me at the Court House".

"Do you want really to go, sugar? You could ask Rosco to have some days off. I think he would agree", Daisy said hopefully, but Enos shook his head, "It's better to go back work for me".

Daisy looked at uncle Jesse and her cousins.

Enos ate breakfast silently.

Then he stood up, "Thank you for breakfast, uncle Jesse, ... and thank you for everything. Now I have to go. I think Rosco is waiting for me at the Court House".

"Do you want really to go, sugar? You could ask Rosco to have some days off. I think he would agree", Daisy said hopefully, but Enos shook his head, "It's better to go back work for me".

Daisy looked at uncle Jesse and her cousins.

Daisy sighed when Enos left "i dont think he wants to be around me anymore he barely talks to me anymore"

Uncle Jesse said gently "I think he feels ashamed because you know everything 'bout yesterday. He feels ashamed because you know he lost his temper and he beat that man down"

Daisy sighed, "I don't blame him for it. I know he's a nice man".

Uncle Jesse nodded, "I know Daisy. But Enos needs to forgive himself before to talk to you as always"

Daisy sighed again, "OK, I'll wait for it. But I hope he's going to forgive himself as soon as possible"

Uncle Jesse said gently "I think he feels ashamed because you know everything 'bout yesterday. He feels ashamed because you know he lost his temper and he beat that man down"

Daisy sighed, "I don't blame him for it. I know he's a nice man".

Uncle Jesse nodded, "I know Daisy. But Enos needs to forgive himself before to talk to you as always"

Daisy sighed again, "OK, I'll wait for it. But I hope he's going to forgive himself as soon as possible"

Enos whent back to the station and Rosco looked at him "your not workin' today Enos i want you and Daisy to spend some time together for a few days to straighten things out"

Enos was surprised. He didn't think Rosco could say something like that, but he appreciated it.

In effect, also Rosco was worried for Enos; he remembered everything Dukes told him and, even if sometimes Rosco seemed a bit weird, he cared very much for Enos.

"Are you sure sheriff?", Enos asked, a bit confused.

"Of course Enos" Rosco snapped, "you're so boring when you're tired, and I don't stand to see you 'round there. And moreover, me and Boss Hogg have something important to do, so we don't want you to bother us. So, go". Well, even if Rosco cared for Enos, he didn't show it very much, but Enos knew it, so he smiled and thanked Rosco.

Enos was surprised. He didn't think Rosco could say something like that, but he appreciated it.

In effect, also Rosco was worried for Enos; he remembered everything Dukes told him and, even if sometimes Rosco seemed a bit weird, he cared very much for Enos.

"Are you sure sheriff?", Enos asked, a bit confused.

"Of course Enos" Rosco snapped, "you're so boring when you're tired, and I don't stand to see you 'round there. And moreover, me and Boss Hogg have something important to do, so we don't want you to bother us. So, go". Well, even if Rosco cared for Enos, he didn't show it very much, but Enos knew it, so he smiled and thanked Rosco.

When Enos pulled back into the driveway of the Duke farm Daisy looked really confused and just staired out the window

When Enos got out his car, Daisy saw he was wearing his civilian clothes.

She opened the farm's door, "Enos, what's happened?"

Enos shrugged shyly, "Rosco told me it's my day off. I didn't know what to do, so I've decided to come here. I...... prefer not to stay alone, if I don't bother you, ...... please".

Daisy hugged him, "I'm happy you're here, Enos".

When Enos got out his car, Daisy saw he was wearing his civilian clothes.

She opened the farm's door, "Enos, what's happened?"

Enos shrugged shyly, "Rosco told me it's my day off. I didn't know what to do, so I've decided to come here. I...... prefer not to stay alone, if I don't bother you, ...... please".

Daisy hugged him, "I'm happy you're here, Enos".

Daisy invited Enos in "im so glad your here i was feeling so alone even though my cousins are here and Uncle Jesse to"

Finally they arrived at the lake.

They sat down near the lake shore.

Daisy looked at Enos; he was blushing and he seemed a bit embarrassed.

Daisy thought of her uncle's words 'bout Enos, so he took his hand to calm him down.

"I know you since we were children, Enos. I know you very well".

Enos nodded but he didn't say anything.

Daisy sighed, putting her head on his shoulder. She would have waited for his words.

Finally they arrived at the lake.

They sat down near the lake shore.

Daisy looked at Enos; he was blushing and he seemed a bit embarrassed.

Daisy thought of her uncle's words 'bout Enos, so he took his hand to calm him down.

"I know you since we were children, Enos. I know you very well".

Enos nodded but he didn't say anything.

Daisy sighed, putting her head on his shoulder. She would have waited for his words.

Daisy was very patient around Enos as she always was "enos, i dont care about what happend anymore its in the past"

"But, what if I lose again my temper? It scares me. I didn't know who I was. It wasn't me, and if..."

Daisy squeezed his hand, "Enos, stop, please. You are the man I've always known. A sweet and nice man. Ok, you got angry and you beat a stalker down. But that man was stalking me. I was angry and upset, everyone was angry, and you was angry too. There's nothing to be ashamed of".

"But, what if I lose again my temper? It scares me. I didn't know who I was. It wasn't me, and if..."

Daisy squeezed his hand, "Enos, stop, please. You are the man I've always known. A sweet and nice man. Ok, you got angry and you beat a stalker down. But that man was stalking me. I was angry and upset, everyone was angry, and you was angry too. There's nothing to be ashamed of".

Enos looked at Daisy and said "Daisy, you have a way with words" Daisy said "thanx" and she kissed him