To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the lack of sleep and the stress of everything going on around him started to kick in more, Bo lost more and more focus on where he was and what he was doing. He could see the truck but couldn\'t figure out why he was heading there....then all of a sudden...the ground seemed to disappear beneath his feet as he tripped on the step up to the sidewalk. He plummetted to the hard concrete below from his 6\'4 height, his head crashing to the ground and plummeting him into the darkness his body had craved as blood trickled from his head to the sidewalk.

The next morning, Luke was talking somewhat openly about his Nam experiences with Sara, doing the best he could in the hopes that he would make Bo crowd.

"I still can't look at a cave without tensing up," he finished, watching as Sara made some notes.

The door opened, a petite blond nurse going to Sara and whispering something in her ear.

Sara looked up quickly from the notes she was making, frowning deeply.

\"What?\"

She listened as the Nurse whispered to her for a longer time before getting quickly to her feet.

\"Luke I have to go and see to this a minute, your doing really really well today i\'m very impressed. Just hang tight for a few minutes okay?\"

She then hurried quickly out the room, following the nurse to Bo\'s room.

Sara swallowed a little, debating whether or not to actually tell him...she didn\'t know what kind of an effect this was going to have on Luke and she didn\'t want to risk making him worse. On the other hand Luke was already coping with things much better and if she kept this from him then she would lose all the trust he had built up in her.

Sighing gently, she looked up at him.

\"Bo\'s had a bit of an accident...\"

True to her word, just moments after Sara finished speaking, another nurse came into the room and made quick work of switching the IV bags over to the moveable stand. Sara then lead Luke out the room and down to where Bo\'s was.

Bo was laying, still unconcious, in the bed. He was as pale as the sheets and the pillow underneath his head, the only bit of colour on his face were the dark circles around his eyes and the little patch of red that had seeped through the bandage.

It wasn't long before Daisy came running through the door, Sara having left the two alone. At the sight of Luke sitting by his side though, she did a small double take....the last thing she expected him to be doing when he got the news was to be sitting next to Bo...she had expected him to be in as much of a mess as he was when Jesse had passed.

"L...Luke?"

"I know...the doctor told me on the phone...I..was...I mean i'm...kinda surprised your...sitting here. Considering the last time I saw ya..."

She knew she was walking on risky ground by mentioning it, but Luke would know if she was lying...no matter how upset he had ever gotten, he had always known when someone wasn't being truthful and lying to him or keeping something from him would only make him mad or more upset.