To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You can tell me Luke I promise...I'm here t'help you, not t'judge...tell me what you can't tell anyone else...tell me what your afraid of, why your supposed to be seen as such a bad person...cause I dont see a bad person before me...I see a troubled and tortured young man who needs someone strange to pour his inner most hauntings out to...someone who doesn't know him so he doesn't have to worry about making an impression...I can do that...i'm here to listen..." She implored softly.

"So you froze in shock and fear of what was happening...that's not an uncommen response...and besides, if you hadn't have froze the result still would have been the same from what I saw on his notes...the help wouldn't have arrived any quicker if you'd gone to get it...your Uncle's heart wouldn't have magically repaired itself...would it now?"

She questioned softly, trying to make him think.

Sara shook her head softly.

"No...No you didn't...he may have counted on you but i'll bet even he and Bo knew it wouldn't have made a difference even if you had moved...Luke think about it...please...what difference would it have made if you had moved...not including the fact you wouldn't be feeling like you are now..."

"No...nothing would have. Throught your Uncle's life i'm sure you helped him, looked after him....made him the happiest man alive having you as a part of his life. You may not have done what your cousin did in the feild that day...but you never failed your Uncle in making every single day special because you were with him....and i'm sure if he could now he'd tell you that over and over..."

She spoke with a soft tenderness, trying to make Luke think a bit clearer.

Sara nodded a little, reaching for her clipboard and writing some things down before replacing it back on the cabinet beside the bed.

"Well lets see if we cant work it out...maybe the reason your so upset has something t'do with your parents...and the fact that your Uncle was a surrogat parent for you...maybe because you couldn't do anything to save your parents...sub conciously you feel guilty for letting the same fate happen to your Uncle...even though there was nothing you could have done in either scenario...you believe that everyone's deaths are the result of some sort of neglegence on your part..."

"Sometimes...the most extreme emotions are triggered by something so simple that has simply snapped the ropes holding the load of emotional baggage you've been carrying around...and then can lead to deeper things. Right now i'm starting to sense that because of this sense of negligence that you can't figure out...you feel like you've lost control of your life...people dying all throughout your life has made you mroe aware than most people about how out of control of our own lives we really are...and it scares you doesn't it...because your a man that likes to be in control...which is why you feel so guilty you weren't when your Uncle collapsed and you froze...you see how it all continues in one big emotional loop?"

She explained gently.