What would you like to see at HazzardNet?

I've decided I'd put together an all-purpose suggestion thread here so on the rare occasion that any of us actually do any work around here, we'll have an idea of what you'd like for us to improve.

So, what would y'all like to see here at HazzardNet? We do have some guidelines...

1) It has to be feasible both financially and in terms of our collective skills.

2) It has to be something that can be accomplished in a month or two. We have short attention spans.

3) I'm sure there's something else I wanted to put here, but... well, refer to #2 about the attention span.

So, ask away!

Hey Meadowmufn!

Okay, I wasn't sure if you were asking what features would be nice to have on this site, or more about what forums (and related items) we'd want.

But, I have a suggestion. I thought that the "Number of Users Chatting" feature was kind of nice. I hope that I made some sense...

Anyway, thank you for givin' us all a chance to voice our thoughts!

General Grant

I've decided I'd put together an all-purpose suggestion thread here so on the rare occasion that any of us actually do any work around here, we'll have an idea of what you'd like for us to improve.

So, what would y'all like to see here at HazzardNet? We do have some guidelines...

1) It has to be feasible both financially and in terms of our collective skills.

2) It has to be something that can be accomplished in a month or two. We have short attention spans.

3) I'm sure there's something else I wanted to put here, but... well, refer to #2 about the attention span.

So, ask away!

Although #1 is important, #2 is the biggie. In fact, given our short attention spans, it's really amazing that HNet ever got launched in the first place. Khee!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! Two suggestions! One is to have a forum for holidays...The general one to use fer it is ok but one for just holidays would be nice...if that makes any sense....n then you know how the chat things have where you can play sound...the dixie horn would be nice to have as an option...there is a Yee haw! but no dixie horn :(....Sorry Im hyper at the moment may not have been a good time to write this...but otherwise hazzardnet is GREAT! Yee Haw!Hope that made sense

Ok. I'll try to add back the number of users chatting thing. I have no idea what happened to it. It seems to have disappeared after the upgrade.

I'm also working on getting custom sounds into the chat room, but it's going to take some doing, as the size of the files they allow have to be really small!

I'll post back here when those are done. If it takes me a while, just bark at me. :D

Ain't the number of users chattin still here? It in the little box with Welcome(User name) You last visited(time) Private Message:: Unread(#), Total (#) and then it has Number of users chattin (#)

I've seen it off and on, so apparently there's some sorta glitch. Right now it's not showing for me. I'll try to get that squared away this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Y'all!

I got to the point of having NO notifications, and the number of users chatting thing appeared. Thanks, MaryAnne, for putting that idea in my head, it worked!

Oh, and thanks, meadowmufn, for being so considerate as to take the time to find out what us hazzardites want. That is so thoughtful of you. Not many moderators or sites would do that! Thanks!

General Grant

• 1 month later...

Hey something just popped into my head. It's kinda off of what's been said here but I'd really like to see more episodes from the dukes online. I haven't been able to find them anywhere and I've looked. I don't know if it's got something to do with copyright laws or something but I've noticed you do have a few and I'd like to see more if it's possible.

I agree with Lost Soul.

A Hazzard dictionary would be fine, especially for people like me. I've always looked at italian version of Hazzard, and it's difficult for me to understand Hazzard's words and in particular catchphrases/slang used sometimes in fanfiction. :-?

Yeah, an "Hazzardisms" section where people may explain these strange words or catchphrases. :)