Holy General Lee! Batman At Dukesfest!

Tim, thanks for clarifying that. I do recall the original "Here's who you might meet" phrase on an earlier version of the site. And in another thread , there was a remark to the effect of not every contract is locked in. But now there was supposedly never any doubt that all the orignal cast was locked in. Whatever....

At this point it doesn't matter, it's just the fact that for all the pretty pictures, the message itself was never very clear. Except for that announcement about Adam West - which irritated more fans than just me.

But dissent ain't permitted in certain circles, is it? I've seen the recent commentary, and the tone of Ye Olde DF Webmaster comes across a bit condenscending. Doesn't bother me none, but hell I've seen members of his own site get a fry pan upside the head for daring to disagree with him - from fellow members of the same site.

Feedback should have a place. Spirited disagreements, so long as they don't degrade into name-calling and cussing, are a natural part of any message board. So the dispariging tones and the squelch efforts kind of amaze me. Given the history of the organization and the charity purpose it used to serve.

I do wish DukesFest all the success in the world, and ultimately the thousands of paying fans going through the gate will be the ones voting on what works and what doesn't. Voting with hard-earned cash that's especially precious in the current economy. That's really what drives my promotional disagreements, because I don't think anybody can sit back and just blindly expect 50,000 people to show up at the gate this year.

• 1 month later...

It's starting to look like this might be the best Dukesfest yet.

John is going getting guest that where part of the cast coming.

The line up is really cool. Tom, Cathy, Jimmy, Sonny, Ben, Rick,

Byron and the guy that played Sheriff Little. But I still don't get

why he invite Batman and catwoman for.

• 5 weeks later...

yes we are confirmed!2 shows for Dukesfest sat & sun around 12 pm,hows that?Hopefully right up your allies.We are featuring our song me and General Lee on a limited cd 7 will be performing the song.And dont forget an acoustic performance by State Line Mob sunday night at the Covington town square as we will be filmed during the "On the road to Hazzard" documentary.

See you there!

YAvouH02hg.jpg

Phillip,S.L.M.8-)

I know I'm spending too much time here when I'm answering my own posts. Ah well, I'm too lazy to update the homepage so this'll have to do in a pinch.

Looks like Byron Cherry was the most recent, big announcement for DukesFest. To his credit, Byron treats the fans very well and has a smile for everybody.

And lo and behold...looks like the Dukes cast appearance confirmations are finally getting communicated. How 'bout 'dat. Adam West is mentioned at the bottom of the list, which is more appropriate.

Looks like the musical acts are still getting organized, but I reckon it'll get sorted out in the upcoming couple of weeks. ( Thus far nothing else is confirming the State Line Mob, but nothing is disproving it, either.)

We'll update our homepage soon and help spread the hoopla. Now that we have a better understanding of what the hoopla is.

Then again, the current promoters of DF may not want or need HNet endorsement 'cause they got their own crew handling things. We should probably let the pros handle it. Since we're pretty lazy anyway. And how would they gauge the effectiveness of their own online promos, if we got involved and started throwing thousands of visitors their way? Who'd want that?

We will do our best!We have 3 shows lined up with the final being sunday night at covington at the town square.Dukesfest hasnt done a great job in the promoting department!But i think we are the best fitted band for dukesfest so far out of the other 2.We'll let you be the judge,Just 1 thing,if you love us,tell Dukesfest you want us back for next year & for us to be the headliner instead of the opening band at 12 pm.We have our newest song titled Me and General Lee & have added the song to our debut cd Ruckus & will be available as a limited edition cd for Dukesfest.Thought yall needed the update.Take care & see yall there in Atlanta! Phillip Crunk S.L.M.http://www.statelinemob.comejCKNivzRK.jpg

I have no idea what's cookin' next, but to "hazzard" a guess maybe it's a bigger-name musical act. So far I've only come across news about the one band, the State Line Mob, and that's not gonna hold over the crowd for the whole weekend.

I gotta tell ya'll, I'm concerned about how this year's DF is going to do in attendance, with the economic mood folks are in, and with the lack CMT endorsement. Whatever the upcoming announcement, it needs to be strong enough to get the excitement level built up. If folks are excited enough, it won't matter what the gas costs to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you here wondering how Adam West was received at 'Dukesfest', well, let's just say that folks were a lot more eager to get a glimpse of the Batmobile than they were Mr. West.

I had dinner on Saturday with some people that had spoken with Adam West on Saturday morning. They said that West told them that he "would rather be at home." They said that he went on to say that "there was nothing going on there at 'DukesFest'." They said that he came across as a very arrogant man.

West was charging $40 for an autograph and $20.00 for a photo. Needless to say, his autograph/photograph line was pretty much non-existent on both Saturday and Sunday.

gaduke01

For those of you here wondering how Adam West was received at 'Dukesfest', well, let's just say that folks were a lot more eager to get a glimpse of the Batmobile than they were Mr. West.

I had dinner on Saturday with some people that had spoken with Adam West on Saturday morning. They said that West told them that he "would rather be at home." They said that he went on to say that "there was nothing going on there at 'DukesFest'." They said that he came across as a very arrogant man.

West was charging $40 for an autograph and $20.00 for a photo. Needless to say, his autograph/photograph line was pretty much non-existent on both Saturday and Sunday.

gaduke01

That does not surprise me one bit. I've heard stories from fans who'd seen him at various car shows and said similar things. That's one reason I wasn't all that enthused to hear he was going to be there. Why not spend the money to bring in a guest star that was actually on the Dukes?

And from your other post, sounds like Adam didn't do much to bring in extra ticket sales at all.