"CLASSIFIEDS: For Sale"

Cowboy

*Yawns and checks my pocket watch, shivering alittle as its getting colder out. Sighs and gets up from under the tree and tucks my hands into my black denim jacket and trudges to the side walk then crosses the road. The cold winter wind flutters the white feather in my cowboy hat and scurries a loose plastic bag across the side walk pavement.

Wanders down the side walk around Hazzard Square, peeking in store front windows. There signs quickly turn from "Open" to "Closed" at my appearance. Drapes and blinds are pulled to keep my dark mismatched eyes out. Mothers with children on the side walks take them by the hand urgently crossing the road to avoid me, others detour into friends homes or simply duck me.

Continues walking, scuffing one boot on the pavement in boredom. Pats my pockets until I find my pack of Malboro Cigs and tap one out of the pack as I walk. Pauses only to cup my hand around the white cancer stick between my lips and flick my lighter to life. Exhales through my nose and keeps walking, going past the garage... the cafe... the general store. Making my way around nearing the Court House. Smokes contently as I glance at the Hazzard County Cruisers, dented, maybe water logged and gawd knows what else.*

*Blinks surprised at the sudden bump, steps to the left alittle bumping into the squad car to try and avoid the young women but not quick enough.*

"Its ok..."

*Replys quietly and continues walking, adverting attention back to the police cruiser, keeping eyes down. Crease brow not wanting to linger in front of the Courthouse and attrack any unwanted attention. But theres a light pole between me and escaping the young women that bumped into me. So casually smokes my cig and checks over the dents on the Sheriffs car. Checks to make sure my For Sale fliers are till tucked, half sticking outta my back jeans pocket. *

(Yep... I see ya slappin em on me for loitering MaryAnne.... or attempting to scuff a police car.... or who knows what. Khee )

*From the square, sees the young Chet Duke standing near the patrol cars. Not sure if he's waiting for someone, contemplating stealing one of the cars or just loitering around. Still curious about the flyer she found earlier, starts to walk over toward the courthouse*

*Reaches the sidewalk. Chet's still standing near the cars, smoking his cigarette. Can see the flyers tucked in the back pocket of his jeans. Approaches cautiously but pleasantly*

"Howdy..."

*In attempt to avoid BL Davenport doesnt notice the deputy until she greets me. Turns around to face her, alittle pinned in by the light pole, backs up around if. Creases brow having just been loitering/wandering around.*

I... uh.... hello.

*My mouth moves but not more words then that come out, watches the pretty female officer with a shy timid alertness.*

*In attempt to avoid BL Davenport doesnt notice the deputy until she greets me. Turns around to face her, alittle pinned in by the light pole, backs up around if. Creases brow having just been loitering/wandering around.*

I... uh.... hello.

*My mouth moves but not more words then that come out, watches the pretty female officer with a shy timid alertness.*

"Caught ya didn't I? Khee!" *grins and holds up the flyer* "Figured I better check to see if you got a business license. It's not everyday folks advertise the selling of their heart n' soul." *expression is still pleasant but there's no stopping Coltrane curiousity."

*Swallows hard and clears throat, smiles as casual as possible.*

Ya need a business license for something like that?

*Backs up real slowly watching the deputy.*

Now why would you need a business license for that kind of thing? After all, like you said, not everyday ya put ya heart n' soul up fer sale.

( :innocent: )

"Alex has had many a price on his head, and it wasn't for his hair..." *chuckles and glances at Alex with a gentle 'leave 'em alone' look. Turns attention back to Chet* "Yes, it is yours to sell. So you down on your luck, Chet? Need some cash so you're selling your heart n' soul to the first good offer you can get? I mean, Boss Hogg don't pay much so any offer I make would be insulting to the true worth of the items you seek to peddle."

*has a feeling there's a different Coltrane Chet is looking to get attention from, and it wasn't from one in a uniform*

Nah I dont really need the money, just dont want them anymore. Dont really think I need a heart and soul. *Scratches goatee in thought.* Any price will do really, dont have to be a high price long as there sold to someone who needs em'. *Glances around not looking or seeking attention from anyone, weather they be in uniform or out. Just the interest of a buyer, someone in good need of a gently used heart and soul.*

"Alex has had many a price on his head, and it wasn't for his hair..." *chuckles and glances at Alex with a gentle 'leave 'em alone' look. Turns attention back to Chet* "Yes, it is yours to sell. So you down on your luck, Chet? Need some cash so you're selling your heart n' soul to the first good offer you can get? I mean, Boss Hogg don't pay much so any offer I make would be insulting to the true worth of the items you seek to peddle."

*has a feeling there's a different Coltrane Chet is looking to get attention from, and it wasn't from one in a uniform*

*sees the look from MaryAnne and nods, folding arms back over chest but remaining quiet...then watches Chet, knowing he'll deny wanting another Coltrane's attention...then gives MaryAnne a pointed look...*

Nah I dont really need the money, just dont want them anymore. Dont really think I need a heart and soul. *Scratches goatee in thought.* Any price will do really, dont have to be a high price long as there sold to someone who needs em'. *Glances around not looking or seeking attention from anyone, weather they be in uniform or out. Just the interest of a buyer, someone in good need of a gently used heart and soul.*

*hears Chet's reason while approaching. How can Chet know if the person needs 'em?Thinks quietly.* "If you're so keen on getting rid of those, why not give them to someone you think needs 'em?" *asks Chet politely*